What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [3] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give it a go, but I usually bring the site up via the list that is displayed at the top of the Edge window showing my favourite sites, it just brings me here already logged in. This is new everyday as the computer is shutdown and restarted fresh every day and I regularly clean out temp files.

Edit:

Still no joy, even logged out then did a search for the site and logged back in but it still doesn't work no matter what I try, if I try to bring in an image when it brings the box up to browse whereas before the Upload button used to be at the bottom of the window and would change to a hand when you went to click it. Now that upload button is attached to the window where you browse and doesn't change when you click it. :(

Last edited:
Is this only with Edge Joan? Works with other browsers? Does Edge have a compatibility mode?

Monday I meet the new guy who will replace me. Check his IDs are legit and not restricted, etc. Give him some safety training, and do some paperwork. He'll then do rest of next week online training. The 15th he starts training with me. If he is ready, the 19th will be my last day running calls. I already have a gas card, and a bunch of equipment here for him, so this is as close as I have gotten, lol. Still not 100% convinced :eyeroll:

A Guy

Don't know about compatibility mode in edge but I've tried IE11 on my Windows 7 desktop, Chrome on this Asus and I'm posting this from Firefox and same results. I can't post photo's here using, inserting image, copy/paste, drag/drop or going to advanced and trying attachment, that last one brings up the Internal error message all the others just nothing happens. :(

Here's hoping everything goes well with your new recruit and you can finally slow down. :D

Kelly is more or less moved into the new place they've been very busy the last few days put they have to wait until the 17th to get Sky put in, they have the whole package, phone, internet TV etc. One thing they're upset about though is that they have to have a new phone number, they can't keep the old one so that's going to be a lot of hassle with Peters business. :eyeroll:

We are all out of ideas now Joan on your photo posting, I just don't get why you cannot do it. It will be one of those things that is so simple yet for the life of us we cannot figure it out.

:what:

I bet Kelly is so excited with the new place, will you be have a wander over there to see it or will she just bring you some pictures of it? That's such a shame that her husband cannot move the number, that is such an inconvenience. Is it because they are moving out of the area that holds the number? Hopefully he'll be able to do a advertising campaign and do some fliers and emails to all his contacts and get it sorted.

I think Kelly will be thrilled once everything is sorted out but I think it's all getting to her today, it's her birthday and there are things just going wrong she sounded upset when I spoke to her this morning.

Problems with her washing machine so I've got a big orange bag full her hubby brought over this morning which I'm doing for her, she's running out of stuff.

The loft at the new place is sort of non existent so all the stuff they used to store in the loft has to find another home. A relation who was supposed to be helping this weekend with a van didn't turn up till late on Saturday so didn't do much and never turned up at all on Sunday.

At least the boys are at school so they're out of the way for a few hours but she still has Caia.

I doubt if I'll manage to get there but I have photos she sent me via messenger on Facebook. Another thing is that Sky are not connecting them till next week but she thought she'd be OK because they had plenty of stuff stored on the hard drive of the box they can watch but that wont work so that's another upset.

It doesn't help that we have horrendous storms here at present so that doesn't help.

They aren't moving out of the area it's only the next street down so they don't know why they can't keep the same number but apparently Sky says they have to have a new one. :eyeroll:

That surprises me that Sky won't them keep the number, it's usually if you move out of the area that they won't let you keep them, moving one street over is hardly far.

Happy Birthday to Kelly, I don't envy her and her teething problems with moving it is a stressful event but no doubt when all the problems are ironed out she will manage to enjoy all her new surroundings and what they have to offer. That's lovely that you are helping out too, I'm sure that's a great relief to her.

I'm currently like Tinkerbell with fairy dust this morning, I've been writing all the mass amount of birthday cards I have to get through for Feb and one of them was jam packed with glitter, it's on my desk, my chair my pants, my hands and no doubt all over my face by now. :p

I know what you mean about the storms Joan we've had hail, sleet, snow, rain and sunshine so far and it's only 12pm!

I spoke to her later in the day and she sounded better. Her washing is all done after 2½ hours washing, I did it all on the 32minute wash cycle, and 6hrs 40minutes in the tumble dryer, talk about a marathon. :scream:

John has just put it in the car to take back to her, I phoned her to tell her he was on the way and to tell her he said he was on his way to the clothes re-cycling place. :D

I like the idea of you being all sparkly. :D

Busy at the moment trying to sort someone's laptop out. The first thing I did was download Malwarebytes and I'm just waiting for the scan to finish then I'll see what rubbish he has installed, I do know there's uTorrent on it and McAfee and there's 2 printer icons on the desktop with a load of other stuff. :(

How's the laptop configuring going? I bet your whizzy stool has come in handy with all that washing and drying you've been doing!

There's the last few glitter sparkles on my desk but other than that I think I'm good. :wink:

@Bill we'll still not talk about the thing we're not talking about but duly noted and we'll not talk about it until it requires talking more about it.

:thumbs:

Oh that laptops screwed, Malwarebytes got rid of over 1,400 things that shouldn't have been there. A load of services were disabled and half the stuff I needed I couldn't open. Windows Update had been disabled and I thought I'd try a System Restore but that's been disabled by the Administrator every time you do a restart all the damn files come back again and now IE will not open so I'm just going to tell him either take it to an expert or do a complete re-install or do what he said he'd do if I couldn't sort it out and buy a new one, he'd been thinking about getting a new one anyway. I think it must run in the family because he said his daughter was having problems with hers now as well, mind the things he'd got downloaded through Torrent I'm surprised it lasted this long his McAfee anti virus subscription had run out and the Windows Security was all disabled. :eyeroll:

Wowsers! Well at least you tried your best, like you say the only options are do a complete reinstall or buy a new one. In most cases if rebooting doesn't solve it buy a new one lol. :wink:

John had to stop my machine from updating to Windows 10, it's been asking telling me to do it but I keep ignoring it, I don't think I'm quite ready for it yet! Not if last time was anything to go by, I just want a nice transition.

Well busy bee today as I've been baking my god daughters birthday cake, it's her birthday tomorrow so I've been busy baking and colouring icing all day. I've just quickly jumped in here before I'm off to do the ironing, make tea and then off for a long hot shower, I've most definitely earned it.

I will be early to bed too as Han got me up this morning at half four after hitting her head on the wall. :shock:

Ouch! what on earth was she doing bouncing on the bed. :scream: Hope you got the cake finished OK.

He came to pick it up today, I told him it was screwed, you broke it you mean, was his reply. :roflmao:

He was only joking of course, I told him the problems and he either needed to take it to an expert who had the knowledge and tools to sort it out or it would be a re-install of the system and start from scratch.

I did tell him off for letting his anti virus program run out and using uTorrent to download stuff, among other things, and that I'm not surprised he'd got problems.

He and his partner are the owners of the business John does the book keeping and accounts for, we've been friends for years and Kelly has worked for them before she was married. :)

Lol, you're one of the most techy people I know! Well at least you tried, he was probably due a new one anyway. That's lovely that John does the books and Kelly has worked for them it's like a total family event.

Yes after a long day I have finally finished the cake, I'm going to post a picture in the showcase in a sec now that I have sent a picture to my friend....although I'm still waiting for her verdict on it. :p

I saw the photo on Facebook and left a comment. :D

They have a take-away and restaurant in Tenby, that is why John has his laptop they bought it for him and he uses it for their accounts.

It's quite funny because he doesn't get Wi-Fi on it when he's at their place every Tuesday and for awhile he didn't have a printer there so when it came to doing the wage slips he'd come home print them out and then go back to finish off, well they'd be printing out before he got in the door because the printer here is Wi-Fi so as soon as he was back in signal range it picked the queue up. :D

As soon as they knew he came home to print they just told him to get one so now he just has to remember to tell it to use the correct printer depending on whether he's home or at their place. :D

I haven't done anything but it seems to be working now. :)

The first photo was the first stool he bought me which didn't come high enough to reach the work surfaces and work. It's great though for getting my washing in and out and using the tumble dryer plus being able to sit on it while pouring the batter into the tin for Yorkshire pudding on a Sunday.:p
WP_20160128_14_50_36_Pro.jpg

The next one is the one he bought after which still isn't really that good for working as my knees mean I can't get right up to the counter so have to sit sideways. Mind you it did come in useful today because I sat on that with John on the other one so I could cut his hair, it beat having to stand and do it. :)
WP_20160128_14_50_48_Pro.jpg

I had imaged something more sporty :)

Tomorrow (Monday) I start training my replacement. irony is, my route has gone slow, so likely he will have to go train with someone else who is busy. I will probably have him Mon., and Tue., then he will train with another tech rest of week. The next week we play it buy ear. May have to train with other tech first part of week, then finish up with me so I can transfer everything to him. Either way, it's looking good :)

A Guy

Joan I feel like Easter Christmas and birthdays have all rolled into one!

:dinesh:

Spending time with my girl today and a quick chip shop dinner at the lovely Lindas vintage cafe. Very busy productive work week and still lots to do.

@Bill, at least there is progress, small steps. :D

If all keeps to schedule, next week will be my last running service calls. I have been told that my company has all kinds of plans for me, and I shall have much freedom to create procedures and implement changes. All I can say for now is I am tired :)

A Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back