What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [3] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they didn't break the site because of me :huh:

So, not to jinx it, but... The plan is new guy starts 2/8, I will meet him and confirm his ID, do safety training, and get all ppwk. Then he does online training for a week. The 15th he starts training with me, if it looks like he is ready the 19th, I will hand over the van, and do a little dance. A Guy (up late sick :( )

Hope they didn't break the site because of me :huh:

So, not to jinx it, but... The plan is new guy starts 2/8, I will meet him and confirm his ID, do safety training, and get all ppwk. Then he does online training for a week. The 15th he starts training with me, if it looks like he is ready the 19th, I will hand over the van, and do a little dance. A Guy (up late sick :( )
Sounds good Bill, I bet you'll be glad when it's all sorted. :)

Sorry to her you're sick hope it's nothing serious, you take care and get better soon. :D

I've been trying again to put photos here and can't. At first I wondered if it was because I was using 10 but I've been able to put photos onto another forum I belong to using the same procedure today.

I click on the Image icon and when it brings the box up browse to the photo and brings it into the box and I click the Upload Files that is under the line showing the file. The box disappears but nothing happens no photo or anything, I even went to manage attachments and tried to Add Files from there and the same thing happened, nothing. :(

This has only just started as I've not had problems before inserting photos into a post so does anyone have any idea what could be wrong.

Testing for Joan

index.jpg

Looks OK for me :( Have you tried compatibility mode?

A Guy

Joan what browser are you using? IT have just amended the function so you can now copy and paste an image or drag and drop. Try that and see how you go. :D

I'm using Edge in 10 but I even tried Chrome and couldn't get it to work, I'll give it another go, be back soon. :D

Edit:
So far no luck, tried drag and drop but that only puts a circle with a line across the photo when it's dragged to the reply box and it wont drop.

Copy/Paste doesn't do a thing, there is just no action when trying. Don't know if it's anything to do with the last 10 update. :(

Last edited:
@Joan IT will have a look for you tomorrow :wink: we think it may be your end not ours.

@Bill, glad it works for you, even I haven't tried it yet lol! You can resize the image once it has been posted you just double click it and it will give you various sizes to choose from.

This new feature will be good for me as I have pictures to post, we have been a little creative today in the kitchen, I think I have now finalised the rainbow cupcake colours and batter finally and we have also been making some Valentine things out of icing. I can't say too much about the valentines stuff but it is cute, I cannot post those pics though until Feb...so not long then. :D

@Angie I've just done an answer to the tutorial you did about adding photos with a few more details.

I add it the same whay I fo at 10F for instance. There it shows in post as a correct display size. I know you can click it to see it full size, but when posting it, it looks like a thumbnail...as you see :)

A Guy

Checking now Angie.
OK no go just tried with the attachment icon and after picking the photos it came up with a box.

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I will tell John and see what he says, I do know he has been playing around with settings but we're still not quite sure why you can't do it. :( Although I couldn't do anything before with all the internet being down, there was no TV, no PC and no iPad it got to the point where I nearly had to read a book!

I will tell John and see what he says, I do know he has been playing around with settings but we're still not quite sure why you can't do it. :( Although I couldn't do anything before with all the internet being down, there was no TV, no PC and no iPad it got to the point where I nearly had to read a book!
I've had that problem today only just got connection back it's been playing up since lunch time, the router would connect then lose it trying to phone BT and they were having major technical problems, mind you I'm not really surprised with all the storms we've had lately.

I needed it back to check my shopping before tomorrow. :eyeroll:

Feeling really happy today, Kelly got the keys to a new house. She will be moving from a small 2 bedroom upstairs flat to a 3 bedroom house. It has a walk in shower as it used to be lived in by an old lady, also a downstairs toilet and usually the council rip everything out when they go in to prepare properties ready for the next tenant but this one is still fully carpeted and has all curtain rails left and they are very clean and tidy. :)

They've given her until the 15th to vacate the flat but she has nearly everything packed, John is going over in the morning to help her start to move boxes, it's only down the road from where she is now so she'll still be quite near to the schools. :)

Oh that sounds fabulous Joan, I'll bet she'll be pleased with all the extra room and rooms she will be getting. No wonder she is packed and ready to go, I bet she'd go now if they let her. Even better too that it's near to schools, it's always better to be as near to them as possible.

Rough day for me today, still feel like I have been hit in the face with a shovel so much so even my teeth are starting to ache. :crys: I don't know what finds me such a lovely host but I just wish it would leave me now. I think it's all to do with the weather and the storms as I'm constantly in and out and hot and cold.

I'm currently wishing my way to spring for a little sun and the flowers to grow. :wink:

I'm with you wishing spring to come soon. Got a phone call from the surgery teatime about the flu jab. They say it's going around and putting a lot in hospital and as I hadn't had mine she is going to arrange for the nurse to come round and give me the injection. :scream:

Hope you're better soon Angie it's not nice being ill this time of the year, you take care. :wink:

Feeling much better today thanks guys.

:thumbs:

Joan we are still none the wiser as to why you cannot post your pics. John's had a look at everything this end and can't work out why you can't do it. :unsure:

........me again, Joan have you tried reloading the site a few times on your pc, mine had some java script cache(d) so when I tried posting pics this morning by drag and drop it wanted me to navigate off the page and wouldn't let me do it.

You've probably done it but it maybe worth trying again and refreshing a few times just to see if it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back