What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to say Angie, I did another 10 VM Saturday and this one seems to be working OK at the moment, don't know if I dare go to the Fast track and try to get the 10049 version again at present I've got 10041. :eyeroll:

Oh Joan, better the devil you know, stick with what you've got otherwise it will be Christmas before you're up and running again. :p

Well it was quite funny today I started the VM with 10041 and thought "what the heck" I'll try fast track and see what happens. Well it wanted to install the latest build that's only just been announced, I thought at least I'd get something earlier. I knew it wouldn't be the 10049 version as that's caused so many problems but never expected it would offer the very latest.

It downloaded then install but seemed to get stuck at 38% so I got fed up waiting so stopped Windows Update and just carried on using version 10041 for the rest of the time. I'll give it another go maybe tomorrow or Saturday. :D

Whoopee! I'm typing this from Spartan in Windows 10 version 10061. Started the VM this morning after reading my emails then clicked on Windows Update, it had the progress bar showing that it was at 75% preparing to install.

I just minimised the VM and let it get on with whatever it wanted to do, earlier I had a look and it told me it would be doing a few restarts and not long ago had a look at it, it was waiting for me to log in. I did and it was doing a few more things then up came the desktop showing the new version.

Trouble is I'm soon going to be shutting down for the night so can't play for too long, will play a bit longer tomorrow. :D

So are we all systems go now Joan dare I ask? :p

The only new toys I have been playing with is my lovely new Vax steam mop! :D After trying my X5 again and it still not working :( I finally decided to get new one.

I must admit Joan I do like it and it is much better than the X5, I have given the house a thorough deep clean and have been practically using it non-stop that along with my Karcher. I also found the filter behind the water section like you said so I must ask where do you buy your replacements from?

I also have to get some more pads too as they only send you one out so I've washed mine and re used it.

Now off to prep before my workshop tonight!

Well the new version is installed, not been there today, had a lot of freezing when I was using it the other day but then it is a beta.

You sound as if you've been busy, what model Vax did you get ?

I registered mine and got an email from them with an offer for a box of 8 pads, 2 x 4 colours, they reckon it's so you can have a different colour for different areas of the home.

My Vax came with 2 blue pads, a bit later I got another email with an offer for the filters, it was a box of 3.

I've not used any of the filters yet but we live in a soft water area so might never have to use them. I've not even used any of the new pads either, I just keep washing the 2 it came with and use them. Of course I will eventually use them when the originals wear out but the first ones are OK so far.

Enjoy your new toy, I put my Karcher on charge yesterday, need to clean the inside of the kitchen window, it's got a line going across it cat height. :D

I am Joan it never seems to be out of my hand, it's a S86-SF-CC, it's really good, heats up very quickly and gets the job done. It does the floors a treat but on my white tiles it leaves water marks so I have to buff over them with a cloth but other than that it's great.

I've just found the book to go with it and a leaflet with the offers, I have just tried three times to purchase the pads and it still keeps adding two lots. :crys: I hadn't put the discount code in at the beginning bit as it says on the leaflet you can do it at the checkout but you can't as the voucher code section is actually when you are selecting the item. However, VAX want £39.99 for 8 different coloured pads but add the code and you get £20 discount. Yet I've just been on Amazon and the same 8 microfibre Vax pads are £17.99. I can't get them on Prime delivery so I have ordered 4 for £10 to come tomorrow. :D Lol! You've gotta love Amazon for that. :D

We are in a hard water area so I am going to have to change the filters, I have been washing the pad but I do want some new ones. I had to clean all my floors again this morning as John put dirt everywhere and then wondered why I'm going mad. :grrr: He's under instruction to change his trainers when he comes in otherwise he'll learn very quickly how to use it! :wink:

:roflmao:I've got a John like that, he makes all the mess but never thinks to clean up. :p

I'm not sure if it's a man thing or the name thing, at this rate the mop is going to find a home downstairs because it's not away long enough to stay in my utility cupboard. On the plus side though you can eat your dinner off my floors now. :D Hopefully tomorrow I shall be able to get some work done on my site. I've got post it's coming out of my ears!

Ah! so it was your floor the advert used with the babies eating the biscuit on the floor. :roflmao:

I think the babies and the biscuit one is for the Karcher, I did look at that one but John wanted to read the reviews on it first. We ended up watching an episode on youtube of a load of Navy personnel who were using all the leading steam mops outside a ship, they were cleaning a glass walkway where the ship was docked to see which one was the quickest, driest and did the job in the least amount of time, but I cannot find the vid now or remember who was hosting the program.

The Vax got a great review I think it came in third or 4th but my X5 was right down on the list so we opted for a Vax. I'm trying to find the vid because it was good but I have searched youtube and the net and cannot find it. :(

Let me know if you find it, I like my Vax even though it wasn't an expensive one. Glad you like the one you have, I'll look up the model when I get the chance. :)

I think I may have to get John to check his history (LOL) now that would be a lengthy process, failing that I will get him on his Google Fu, he's great at finding stuff. The vid was about 15 minutes long but it was really good.

Today I managed to get my Strawberry Trifles made and got them pictured in the garden before the sun went back in and the cream melted. I tell you the things I do for a photo op are unreal! :wink:

Strawberry Trifle (27).jpg

Lol! I always think trifles used to look like slop after the first piece had been cut and I never liked the sponge in the jelly as a kid as it always seemed furry for some reason but with these individual ones you can make as much mess in the pot as you like. :D

Aww so excited today as we now have a Princess!

Let me know if you find it, I like my Vax even though it wasn't an expensive one. Glad you like the one you have, I'll look up the model when I get the chance. :)

Oooh Joan I got John to google fu and here it is just for you! The original ones have been removed from youtube which is why I couldn't find it, however, John worked his magic and here is the video I watched. Enjoy! :D

The Gadget Show - Steam Mops

Thanks for the link Angie, very informative. That Vax looks good. I know they are good getting stains from carpets as I've got a mat in front of the sink which had a stain, no idea what it was but it had been there for ages. I used my Vax and it got rid of it, very pleased.

I was very happy they had a little girl, she was a good size, good luck to them, although she doesn't realise her life will never be her own from now on. :)

Today I am knocking buckets of water on the floor and putting paint flakes everywhere it is is not turning out very well. :(

Today I am knocking buckets of water on the floor and putting paint flakes everywhere it is is not turning out very well. :(
Oh dear, where are you decorating Jean ? You could always use the spilt water to clean the paint. :roflmao:

Well this was actually yesterday but the conclusion was today. :D

I get audio books from a couple of libraries I belong to but since my local one changed the app they use for you to listen I've struggled to find a way I can listen without having to have the computer left on.

The library used to use OneClickDigital and I could use that on my Kindle. It was a great app that showed you the front cover of the book and then had the play, fast forward and reverse buttons. It played through the book and remembered where you left off, it was great.

After they changed to another app I couldn't get it on my Kindle and when you downloaded the book onto the computer you just got a long file name, no title, then a list of files with just numbers. You had to listen to them through Windows Media Player. After clicking on the first file it read it out but when it got to the end of the chapter it stopped so you had to click the next one down to carry on listening. It didn't keep your place so you had to remember where you got to so when you went back you could carry on.

Yesterday thought I'd try again and tried my phone now I have my new one. Yippee, copy/paste the file from the computer to the Music folder on my phone and away we go. Plugged my headphones in it works, it plays and goes from chapter to chapter without me having to click anything. The next test came this morning, closed it down last night and when I opened it up this morning it was at the place where I left it last night waiting for me to carry on listening.

Oh don't you just love technology. :eyeroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back