What's new

How to make Gold Painted Chocolates (1 Viewer)

This mini-tutorial shows you how to make your own homemade gold-painted chocolate drops using a chocolate mould and edible paint.

How to make gold painted chocolates by Help Me Bake.jpg

Equipment/Ingredients​

• Chocolate Drops Silicone Mould
  • Chocolate
  • Piping Bag
  • Scissors
  • Paintbrush
  • Toothbrush
  • Edible Gold Paint*
*If you are making the paint from scratch will need alcohol, gold lustre, a small pot to mix in and a cocktail stick.

How to make small chocs by Help Me Bake 1.jpg

Method​

1 Firstly, wash the mould in the dishwasher or hot soapy water and let it air dry.

How to make small chocs by Help Me Bake 2.jpg

2 If you would like edible gold paint on your chocolates, make edible paint using alcohol and gold lustre. Mix with a cocktail stick until you reach the required consistency.

Edible Paint by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

3 Once you have made the edible paint get a new toothbrush or small paintbrush and dip them in the edible paint.

How to make small chocs by Help Me Bake 3 (Medium).jpg

4 If using the toothbrush, face it downwards towards your mould, then run your thumb along the bristles (make sure you have food-safe gloves on). This should spray the paint across and into your moulds. The further inside the cavities you get, the more paint you will put in there.

If using a paintbrush, dip the paintbrush into the edible paint and then paint inside the cavities of the mould.

How to make gold painted chocolates by Help Me Bake 4b.jpg

5 Then put some chocolate in a piping bag.

How to make gold painted chocolates by Help Me Bake  4.jpg

6 Melt in the microwave.

How to make gold painted chocolates by Help Me Bake 5.jpg

7 Snip the end of the piping bag and then gently pour into the painted mould.

How to make gold painted chocolates by Help Me Bake 6.jpg

8 Fill the mould to three-quarters full and then gently shake the mould to allow the chocolate to settle. Also, tap it a little on the work surface. That way, any tiny air bubbles can rise up and pop.

How to make gold painted chocolates by Help Me Bake 7.jpg

9 Place the mould in the fridge for around 15 - 20 minutes until fully set. Once set, remove from the fridge and carefully push the chocolates out of the mould.

How to make gold painted chocolates by Help Me Bake 8.jpg

How to make gold painted chocolates by Help Me Bake.jpg

Use as required.
  • You can gift the chocolates in a cellophane bag or box.
  • Used them as Cupcake toppers in conjunction with buttercream.
  • Or place them on the top of a chocolate cake or drip cake as additional decoration.
Related Posts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back