What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, how lovely that you're all going to spend Thanksgiving together and the girls are already getting ahead of schedule. Are you allowed in the kitchen or have they just taken over?

I bet you're thrilled your grandson is back over as I know how much you were missing him.

We were going to try and do a Thanksgiving meal on Thursday but Han's out at a private film screening, so that's put paved to that idea. She's such a busy bee; I feel like her PA at times because she has that much going on. 😂

Shelley was helping make cookies with my "Angies" (that's what they are
called) rolling pins with designs in them. Still looks like they are trying to feed an army.
Son-in-law Todd just got back , so I have a an almost full house.
Donna, Daughters 1 and 2, Son-in-law, and Grand daughter.

Epson salts could help

In what way?

The only time I've used Epson salts is after a birth and they've been put into the bath water, can't use the bath anymore, can't get in and out of it.
It's costing a fortune in different creams trying to find one that works to keep around my shins hydrated and stop being so red and bubbly. 🙄

I've heard that Epson Salts have excellent healing qualities, do you have a foot bath that you could soak your feet and ankles in and use some salt in those?

I've just had a quick look on the net are here are some more fab things you can do with them: Epsom Salts

Shelley was helping make cookies with my "Angies" (that's what they are
called) rolling pins with designs in them. Still looks like they are trying to feed an army.
Son-in-law Todd just got back, so I have a an almost full house.
Donna, Daughters 1 and 2, Son-in-law, and Granddaughter.

I love the imprinted rolling pins; I've had a look on the internet at the wooden ones with Christmas designs that you can imprint into the dough, and I think they're beautiful. Will you send us a pic of the cookies if you get a minute because I'd love to see them? Mainly because they are my namesake. :hearteyes:

Oh, I'm so excited for you, and I'm not even there! I hope you have a wonderful day together.

@A Guy where are you off to tomorrow?

I've heard that Epson Salts have excellent healing qualities, do you have a foot bath that you could soak your feet and ankles in and use some salt in those?

I've just had a quick look on the net are here are some more fab things you can do with them: Epsom Salts
I know they are good for healing as I used to always have baths with Epson Salts in after having a baby but didn't know they might help with swollen ankles.

The doctor seems to think it's my medication which is why she dropped the strength of my blood pressure tablets from 10mg to 5mg. Have to keep my legs moisturised as well to stop them getting dry.

It's the redness and bubbly texture of my skin on my shins and around the back of the shins that is what is annoying me most and I've been trying different lotions to try and help it. At present I'm using Vaseline intensive care aloe soothe, I think the area it covers is starting to shrink but the that could be wishful thinking.

I do have a foot bath but don't know where it is, I think it's in the loft, but I can use what I have sat in the bath when I'm showering, it's an oblong kitchen sink bowl and when I'm in the shower I have to sit down on a stool inside the bath and I let the bowl fill up with the shower water and keep my feet in that. It would be no good doing the Epson Salts at that time as the water is continually running in and out of the bowl but I should be able to sit with my feet in soak in that in the living room.

Oh don't I have such an exciting life. 🤣

I'm off to my oldest niece's house. She got married last October, and is preggers, due next March apparently :)

A Guy

I know they are good for healing as I used to always have baths with Epson Salts in after having a baby but didn't know they might help with swollen ankles.

The doctor seems to think it's my medication which is why she dropped the strength of my blood pressure tablets from 10mg to 5mg. Have to keep my legs moisturised as well to stop them getting dry.

It's the redness and bubbly texture of my skin on my shins and around the back of the shins that is what is annoying me most and I've been trying different lotions to try and help it. At present I'm using Vaseline intensive care aloe soothe, I think the area it covers is starting to shrink but the that could be wishful thinking.

I do have a foot bath but don't know where it is, I think it's in the loft, but I can use what I have sat in the bath when I'm showering, it's an oblong kitchen sink bowl and when I'm in the shower I have to sit down on a stool inside the bath and I let the bowl fill up with the shower water and keep my feet in that. It would be no good doing the Epson Salts at that time as the water is continually running in and out of the bowl but I should be able to sit with my feet in soak in that in the living room.

Oh don't I have such an exciting life. 🤣

Can you not draw lines on yourself to see if the redness is shrinking? I don't mean doodle all over yourself but could you not draw a line around the redness and see if it is getting smaller.

Yeah with the salts I thought maybe a foot bath in the living room where you could soak them.

Are you feeling any better in yourself with the change of meds?

The meds haven't been in my system long enough to show any real progress yet, although just looking down and my ankles aren't swollen whereas they usually would be by now.

The redness is gradually getting better but it covers a large area front and back plus we don't really know exactly what is causing it. It can be caused by trauma to the area but that happened over 30 years ago so can't see it having any effect now, but you never know.

It doesn't hurt or irritate it's just the look of it that's not nice, never mind there's worse off than me. :)

Feeling fat right now.....
4 generations under one roof.
My Mother, Brother,Wife,2 out of 3 daughters, son-in-law, grand daughter
me and Tigger the cat.
Turkey , yams, mashed potatoes and corn, biscuits, corn bread, peas , carrots,
cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, pumpkin and pecan pie.
And I didn't have to do more than put the turkey in the oven this morning
at 3:30 am. 😊

Sounds delicious! Lol! Did you draw the short straw with the Turkey? More to the point how big is your oven? I'm glad you had a lovely celebration together. 😊 Did you manage to speak to your daughter who's in England?

The meds haven't been in my system long enough to show any real progress yet, although just looking down and my ankles aren't swollen whereas they usually would be by now.

The redness is gradually getting better but it covers a large area front and back plus we don't really know exactly what is causing it. It can be caused by trauma to the area but that happened over 30 years ago so can't see it having any effect now, but you never know.

It doesn't hurt or irritate it's just the look of it that's not nice, never mind there's worse off than me. :)

Glad to hear that you're ankles are less swollen at least that's a start. We'll have to see how the meds work out for you.

Cold and crisp here today.

Where's Bill, need to find out about his Thanksgiving too.

Sounds delicious! Lol! Did you draw the short straw with the Turkey? More to the point how big is your oven? I'm glad you had a lovely celebration together. 😊 Did you manage to speak to your daughter who's in England?
No I'm a Nightsider so I'm up all night anyway 😊
Jen will call Sunday with Skype. One of the Rules , She has to call once a week
or Her Mother wouldn't let her go.:lmao:

Oh, that's fair enough then, I thought you'd set the alarm for the crack of dawn. 😴

Aww, how lovely that Jen drops in once a week, yep I'm totally in agreement with your wife on that one. No matter how old you are, you must check-in. Will the rest of your family be staying over for the weekend or do you do Thanksgiving and then go home?

Oh, that's fair enough then, I thought you'd set the alarm for the crack of dawn. 😴

Aww, how lovely that Jen drops in once a week, yep I'm totally in agreement with your wife on that one. No matter how old you are, you must check-in. Will the rest of your family be staying over for the weekend or do you do Thanksgiving and then go home?
Yep, Mary, Todd and Shelly will be heading home Tuesday, But they will be
back at Christmas. Jen's flying here Friday, For the Christmas holiday, then back
to England after the New Year.
Alice is staying on till next term at UCLA.

Wow, so you guys are going to be busy entertaining then. 😊 I still haven't wrapped my head around how close Christmas is; I do this every year. I set myself goals in September to get ahead of schedule and sort everything out, but this year it's come around so fast that I'm not quite sure when I'll get around too it. 🤪

I know what you mean about it coming round so fast, thank goodness I don't have to worry about it I'm sorted out with birthday and Christmas presents until 2021. Thank goodness for an organised daughter. :D

Thanksgiving was nice. My niece has a big belly, lol. I told her the last 3 1/2 months are the easy ones :shush:

A Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back