What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you wish to here something that will blow your mind a bit?
My daughter did a 7 month stint in Antarctica as a cook
and research for her post grad work.
The company gave her a 10,000 dollar moving bonus
and paid her 45 dollars an hour!

That's one high price cook 😊

$104,400 for 7 months

Last edited:
You wrote a tutorial for the guy to install your radiator?
🤣

Haha! See this is what happens when I don't re-read things! I know what I meant. 🙃 It should read cake tutorial finished, the rad guy knows what he's doing and needs no input from me. 😂

@A Guy, aww you like it when I talk about the Blind Guy!

@thomaseg1 Oh, my word! Seriously! Blimey, she must be good! 😮 Was she like where do I sign! 😂

Just finished taping up my wardrobe for the rad guy tomorrow! I await comments! Lol! 😛

🤣 Lol! See I give up no matter what I write, it's wrong! 😂

No, the price is sorted so no matter what I do to my wardrobe I won't be getting any discount. Tea and biscuits are about the extent of my loveliness. 😊

I was against her signing up but she has my stubborn streak.
And she is one of those people who dot every i.
Which made letting license lapse all the more funny.

Seven months in such an isolated place is quite daunting, so the money must have been a massive sweetener.

That's funny that she's really precise about things and lets the licence lapse, my daughter is the same as in with the preciseness, not the licence although she does have a driving lesson at the weekend.

You folks in the UK get house calls , we poor souls in the
US have to go to the Doc.
Just the usual poke and prod . got some new pills that are suppose to
help with calcium deposits around my joints. Nothing serious.

You folks in the UK get house calls, we poor souls in the
Just the usual poke and prod. Got some new pills that are supposed to

Us younger folk don't we have to wait about a month to see a doctor these days, and by that time we're usually better, so we don't bother. 🙄

I hope the new pills ease your joints a little; we are glad it's nothing serious though.

I'm sure he'll look lovely...or Rad :)

A Guy

Haha! They're here now, making lots of noise, I sheeted the wardrobe in plastic yesterday to prevent dust, and they're going to sort out one of my other rads from leaking so hopefully we should be sorted soon. I'll be happy when it's complete because I'll finally be getting some heat in the walk-in wardrobe. We should have done it originally when we did the bedroom but it was so warm in there we didn't think we needed it, however, fast forward to the cold months and it's baltic!

@Joan - Morning! 🙂

Angie - Evening! :)

Having a nice quiet day recovering. Saturdays are always my favourite day because I do nothing, if you want to eat you see to yourself and I can just feed myself when I want. 🤣

You folks in the UK get house calls , we poor souls in the
Just the usual poke and prod . got some new pills that are suppose to

I get them to come to me as I don't travel and don't forget we don't pay for our services, well we do as we pay into it our whole working life, but pensioners get certain perks, although I'd rather not be one as I'd not have all the problems I do have if I wasn't the age I am. :D

Glad to hear your problems just involved some new pills and weren't too serious, take care. :)

Morning all, it's a lovely crisp sunshiny day today. Here goes on starting my working week.

Hope you guys had a lovely weekend. 😊

Morning all, it's a lovely crisp sunshiny day today. Here goes on starting my working week.

Hope you guys had a lovely weekend. 😊
Same here as well Angie, we'd had a frost overnight as next doors roof was frosted over and John's windscreen was when he went out to go and get the grandkids for school. :)

Oh and he said when he went to take them home this afternoon the car told him there could be ice on the road, such a clever car. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back