What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I never really thought about the procedure of getting them to and from the library. How long do you get to keep them for?

We get them for a month, well 4 weeks, he comes on a Tuesday each time so he'll be back on 21st December with the next lot. We can keep onto any we haven't finished reading and just send them back the next time.

He has a code system that shows what books you've already had so he doesn't bring them again, on the inside where they have the slip where they stamp the books he puts your initials in pencil at the top, of course they don't get stamped with the mobile service.

Took this photo on my phone this morning at about 8.30 am. Because I'm using Windows 11 it's taken me till now to find the photo on here and haven't worked out yet how to resize it. I was standing on the step just outside my kitchen door.
1637966202622.png
1637966202622.png

I've never seen a double rainbow in real life; how wonderful! 😍

Thanks for both sized pictures. 😁

I was surprised when I saw it, I was in the living room and just looked out of the window and saw the top one at first, there was too much greenery in the way to see it properly from there which is why I went to the kitchen door. At one point it started to disappear as the sun tried to come out more but then it was back again as it started to rain again. We see a lot of double ones around here.
I didn't put that smaller photo there on purpose it just seemed to appear, maybe it's one of the quirks of Windows 11, as I said it took me quite some time to find it. 😂

Today I'm discovering that I haven't bought or even thought about Christmas cards! 😮 The only reason I know about them is because one of my friends has just sent me one! 🤣

Yours is here among others that need posting waiting for the postman to bring me something, he will then take the pile to post for me.

I've done mine early this year, usually I start to get cards before I've even started to write mine.

Kelly managed to get here this week, so I was able to have my hair washed.

I was so pleased as she's had a stressful couple of weeks. Her eldest was sent home from school as he'd tested positive for Covid and had to go into isolation for 10 days.
He was fine and had no symptoms at all but that took him through half term.

A couple of days after going back to school, her hubby caught Covid, not from their son but from someone else. He was ill he is already very vulnerable because of his asthma, it went on his chest and he had to get onto the doctor to get stronger pain killers as what he had weren't doing anything for him.

He's come through it alright but not fully back to normal yet but he's getting stronger.

Still no sign of a property for me yet, ones that have shown in the list where I want to go but not suitable for me. It did get me thinking though, I feel isolated here because I don't see anyone, apart from delivery drivers, but I don't feel lonely. I miss John and it doesn't take much to have me in tears but since his death it's the first time I've lived on my own and I'm enjoying it. For the first time in my life I'm not beholding to anyone and I can do what I want when I want, I feel content and in control of my life.

The only downside is I don't have the health to completely make the most of it, but you can't have everything. 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Life is truly like a box of chocolates... I have lived alone my whole life, the thought of sharing a place would be so foreign. I am the anti-depressant. I don't get lonely. In fact, once I got over the inner guilt of not following any set hours as far as awake, sleep...I am probably more set :D

A Guy

Yours is here among others that need posting waiting for the postman to bring me something, he will then take the pile to post for me.

I've done mine early this year, usually I start to get cards before I've even started to write mine.

Kelly managed to get here this week, so I was able to have my hair washed.

I was so pleased as she's had a stressful couple of weeks. Her eldest was sent home from school as he'd tested positive for Covid and had to go into isolation for 10 days.
He was fine and had no symptoms at all but that took him through half term.

A couple of days after going back to school, her hubby caught Covid, not from their son but from someone else. He was ill he is already very vulnerable because of his asthma, it went on his chest and he had to get onto the doctor to get stronger pain killers as what he had weren't doing anything for him.

He's come through it alright but not fully back to normal yet but he's getting stronger.

Still no sign of a property for me yet, ones that have shown in the list where I want to go but not suitable for me. It did get me thinking though, I feel isolated here because I don't see anyone, apart from delivery drivers, but I don't feel lonely. I miss John and it doesn't take much to have me in tears but since his death it's the first time I've lived on my own and I'm enjoying it. For the first time in my life I'm not beholding to anyone and I can do what I want when I want, I feel content and in control of my life.

The only downside is I don't have the health to completely make the most of it, but you can't have everything. 😂

Aww, thank you.

I seem to do this every year now; I have good intentions of getting everything sorted out around October, and then for some reason, it all goes to pot, and then I find I'm usually deep into December before anything gets sorted out. (You've just reminded me of something else I need to do!)

I'm sorry to hear that your son-in-law came down with it too. I remember you mentioning about your Grandson; it's never-ending at the minute. Hopefully, Kelly will have a stress-free time now and can look forward to some festivities.

I'm so glad you're jabbed up and keeping safe. To be honest, isolation is probably working in your favour at the moment, especially with the current climate.

It will be much better when you are nearer to family, but at least you're enjoying your own company and keeping yourself busy all the time and still making preparations until you do move. Honestly, you're so organised you put the rest of us to shame. 😄

Life is truly like a box of chocolates... I have lived alone my whole life, the thought of sharing a place would be so foreign. I am the anti-depressant. I don't get lonely. In fact, once I got over the inner guilt of not following any set hours as far as awake, sleep...I am probably more set :D

A Guy

Aww, I love that quote, it's nice that you guys enjoy your own company, but it's not for me; I'm definitely a live with people kind of person.

As for you, Bill, you can please yourself, and if you're happy with that, then so be it. I just thought you'd secretly snook across the pond to see how the other half live. 😁 Although I don't think you'd ever want to give up that glorious sunshine!

Mr Bean Beach GIF by Working Title

Don't get me wrong I love being around people but, and Kelly will tell you, I'll talk to anyone whether they want to talk to me or not, she's the one that can't stand people. 😂
At the moment I'm loving the experience of being on my own so I'm making the most of it. I don't think Bill would want to come to our weather at the moment, he'd be a fool if he did leaving what he has over there. :D

I fear for our democracy here the way one party is just rolling over set norms and such here. Every day they outdo themselves in how low they can go. Very sad

A Guy

Sorry Bill I'm not getting into Politics, ours are bad enough without thinking about somebody else's.

The wind is picking up here at the moment, just hope it doesn't get any worse. Some people in the north of the country are still without power since the storm last Friday.

Have you guys put your trees up yet?
I've started to put some decorations around the living room, I won't be able to put my normal tree up as I can't stand to decorate it but at least I'll have some twinkling lights up and other things.

We "talked" about it last year. I did a Charlie Brown tree the first year after I moved into my own place, but none since. I go to wherever the family is having Xmas, and with all having homes, and me an apartment, I never host. I just end up with a few Xmas cards up until New Years

A Guy

I've usually got mine up now, but I haven't really had the chance to do it yet.

I've started to put some decorations around the living room, I won't be able to put my normal tree up as I can't stand to decorate it but at least I'll have some twinkling lights up and other things.

I'm glad you'll be having some twinkly lights going up; that should make it a little bit festive. 🎄

We "talked" about it last year. I did a Charlie Brown tree the first year after I moved into my own place, but none since. I go to wherever the family is having Xmas, and with all having homes, and me an apartment, I never host. I just end up with a few Xmas cards up until New Years

A Guy

I remember although I think you should get one of these as a token gesture. It's Christmas all rolled into one, and all you'd have to do is pull it out of the box. 🤣

Christmas Tree (Medium).jpg

I would so have one of these! 😁

I've just bought a new tree, it's one that comes with bows and baubles and lights already on it, you just pull it up. I've got a bit of adjusting to do but it's a lot easier than having to stand there and put all the trimmings on my other tree. I'll be able to put the yearly decorations onto it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back