What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use Mayo but Salad Cream instead. If I'm going to have an egg sandwich I mash boiled egg with Salad Cream and then a layer of Cress on top with a sprinkle of salt between brown bread and butter. :yum:

Blimey, do people still eat cress? I remember growing it for school. 🤣 Ooh, I've never had or thought of having an egg with salad cream, yet I would eat salad cream with a salad.

Chipotles in adobo sauce. 1Tsp of the sauce to 1Tbsp mayo. Mixed together and put on beef sandwich, with finely chopped raw onion.
😋 divine

As for Adobo Sauce, I couldn't have any because I can't have anything with garlic in it.

I'm enjoying all this food talk, though; it's broadening my horizons. 😁

Blimey, do people still eat cress? I remember growing it for school. 🤣 Ooh, I've never had or thought of having an egg with salad cream, yet I would eat salad cream with a salad.
Yes, I still eat it, I was surprised I could actually still get it from Tesco as you never hear it talked about these days. I've never heard of Adobo Sauce, but then I'm only an old-fashioned food person.

I was brought up just being given plain basic food, I think the only exotic food I'd been given when growing up were muscles, and I didn't like them. :eyeroll:

Lol! I know, you kind of threw me when you mentioned it. I hadn't heard of Adobo Sauce either and had to Google it. But, I'm like you and like simple foods rather than all the fancy stuff where I have to Google what's in it.

Is the Cress in a packet? I have a vague recollection of Cress in a white plastic tub as a kid, but I can't remember if that's when we were growing it.

Today I'm hoping all the ladybirds (ladybugs) have found a home because yesterday, we were inundated with them all on the house's exterior. The sun was beating on the house and keeping it warm, and apparently, they like white houses, so perfect storm really. I thought it might have been flying ant day, but for ladybirds, it's something I've never witnessed before. The funny thing was there were no birds about yesterday, so maybe that's why there were loads of them. Either way, I hope they're all sorted now. 🐞

I can't remember the last time I saw a ladybird. Yes, the cress is in an oblong clear plastic tub but whereas years ago it was grown in a dark compost looking stuff, the ones I get now are grown in Yorkshire and the bottom is white so I don't know what it is.

Right got to go and sort my dinner out. 😘

I've just been looking at laptops on the AO site and found one that is at the limit of what I could probably afford and wondered what you all thought. Acer Aspire 5 A515-44G 15.6" Laptop - Silver

Or should I wait till the laptops actually come into the sites with 11 already installed? I am getting very impatient to start using the new OS plus I don't like not having another machine in place as back up. 😂

Seems to get good ratings

A Guy

I've just been looking at laptops on the AO site and found one that is at the limit of what I could probably afford and wondered what you all thought. Acer Aspire 5 A515-44G 15.6" Laptop - Silver

Or should I wait till the laptops actually come into the sites with 11 already installed? I am getting very impatient to start using the new OS plus I don't like not having another machine in place as back up. 😂
That looks like a pretty good laptop, you are more than capable of upgrading it to Windows 11, if you can wait a little longer the Black Friday sales are not far away and there will be deals to be had while they get rid of the old stock with Windows 10 pre-installed.

Thanks John and Bill for your input, I take it the hardware is up to it then, I saw somewhere can't remember where now, that some machines are being sold with 10 and allowed to upgrade to 11 but then seeing a message that some of them would probably need a hardware upgrade to be fully functional with 11.

Wouldn't selling off the old stock just mean they were getting rid of machines that had old components?

I've not delved into the heart of this machine I'm on, there isn't enough space in it though even though it has 2 drives the main one is only 128GB SSD and has about 25GB free space. I've moved everything I can onto the 1TB HD which is the Data drive, it's my HD Convertible 2 in 1 which I bought in December 2017 with 10 installed. It's served me well and I love the fact that it runs so cool as the Asus I had ran very hot I had to keep it on a cool pad.

Wouldn't selling off the old stock just mean they were getting rid of machines that had old components?
Not really, they would just be getting rid of the stock with W10 pre-loaded, obviously, some stuff may be old tech, but any purchase would have to be looked at on that basis anyway.

I finally did the check on this machine and everything is ticked apart from the first on the list, the processor didn't pass, not on the list of being compatible with 11. That's OK though as I want to leave this one as 10.

When is Black Friday?

26 November 2021, it's always the Friday after Thanksgiving, and then you have Cyber Monday on 29th.

Thanks Angie, not sure if I'll be able to wait that long I'm feeling so left behind with regards to Windows 11 although I don't know why as the only OS I've got on the day it was launched was Windows 7. 😂

Thanks Angie, not sure if I'll be able to wait that long I'm feeling so left behind with regards to Windows 11 although I don't know why as the only OS I've got on the day it was launched was Windows 7. 😂

Lol! It's old hat to me and all I've been hearing about. 🤣

I know; it's always part of life in this household. I wouldn't have it any other way, though. 😁

It's a bit of a stop-start week this week; I've done lots but not got that much to show for it. I'm sure it will all come together when it's good and ready, so for the minute, I'll just keep chipping away at it...one thing at a time and all that.

Cat Running Around GIF

That's how I feel most of the time, gets to the end of the day and I realise I wanted to do or visit a particular site and I've not done it but I've been busy all time. 🤣

Aww, I have given up on my to-do lists at the minute as I'd need a to-do list for the to-do list! 🤣 I do, however, have notes on my phone and in my book, so I split myself between them and then get things done out of the two and then daily life stuff that has to be done regardless!

Oh, and then I have reminders set just in case! 😁

That's how I feel most of the time, gets to the end of the day and I realise I wanted to do or visit a particular site and I've not done it but I've been busy all time. 🤣

Is it the older you get, the more stuff you pack into a day? I thought as we get older, it's supposed to be easier and more carefree. 🤔

Oh, I meant to ask have you done any knitting this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back