What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, bless, I thought you would have had some visits with it being Easter. That's a shame about the hours; hopefully, he'll get better ones in the future so that you can all have a better routine. Have you been keeping yourself busy while they haven't been around?

Have you managed to see any more of your neighbour (the wool lady?).

Are you still getting the meals? If so, what's been on this weeks agenda? I hope it was something indulgent, especially with it being Easter.

Blimey, I'm like Question time! 😂
They came this morning, so all's well. I've got a business coming later today who do house clearance, I phoned them this morning to come and give me a price to take the first load of stuff from John's office. I've managed to get rid of a load of stuff but there's still too much for me. They do a lot for charity so rather than send to landfill if possible they send to different charities so they can get funds.

Yes I'm still getting my meals, turkey and stuffing on Sunday chicken in gravy yesterday and I'm having some fish today that I still had in the freezer, I'll mix up some parsley sauce to go with it and have mashed potatoes.

I've been keeping reasonably busy, well as much as I can, sorting stuff out and deciding what I'll take with me when I finally get a place, well going from a 4 bedroomed bungalow to a 1 bedroomed one needs some sorting out. 😂

Oh good, I'm glad you're doing okay and keeping yourself busy. 😍

Yes, there sounds like lots to get through, and that's wonderful if the clearance people can donate or use your stuff to help other people/charities. One mans junk and all that. 😊

Have you still got stuff on gumtree, was it? Did the filing cabinet go?

Yeah! You're still having the meals I am glad; I love the thought of you tucking into some wholesome food. Lol! I thought when you said mix up some parsley; you were saying mix it up; I thought you were going all out and mixing chicken and fish. 😂 You know, like Mike does with his flavours. 🙄🤣

Any idea when the family can come and visit yet?

I've spent some time with Han today making some toppers, so I'll post them tomorrow. Well, I say toppers. I've pretty much done a tutorial out of one. I did make a few things, but I need a different approach on a hat that I made, so I'm going to remake it and see how it turns out. Han made one 3D figure and started on a second; she's only got a head on that one but no body, 😁so I'll just show you the finished one she's done.

It snowed today! I wasn't expecting that, but John says it's going to be -4 tonight. I bet Bill's still in shorts and t-shirt. 😎

I did say that they came this morning Angie. I've no idea about Gumtree I've never used it, Kelly puts my stuff on the selling side of Facebook as far as I know.

The clearance people are going to come next week to clear out the first lot of stuff, I know there will be quite a few things they can donate, I found a document case that still had its labels on it, it had never been used.

Thankfully no snow down here, it's cold again but we've had sunshine again today.

I look forward to seeing your toppers tomorrow.

Yes I'm still getting my meals, turkey and stuffing on Sunday chicken in gravy yesterday and I'm having some fish today that I still had in the freezer, I'll mix up some parsley sauce to go with it and have mashed potatoes.
Parsley sauce
zip.gif

It snowed today! I wasn't expecting that, but John says it's going to be -4 tonight. I bet Bill's still in shorts and t-shirt. 😎

No shorts, you've never seen my pasty legs :D

A Guy

Parsley sauce View attachment 5897

No shorts, you've never seen my pasty legs :D
A Guy

I'm with you, Bill...Parsley Sauce. 🙄

Aww, you're not rockin' shorts? Seriously the amazing weather you have, I'm surprised you don't live in them.

I did say that they came this morning Angie. I've no idea about Gumtree I've never used it, Kelly puts my stuff on the selling side of Facebook as far as I know.

The clearance people are going to come next week to clear out the first lot of stuff, I know there will be quite a few things they can donate, I found a document case that still had its labels on it, it had never been used.

Thankfully no snow down here, it's cold again but we've had sunshine again today.

I look forward to seeing your toppers tomorrow.

Lol! Sorry, I missed that! 🤣

I said Gumtree because I know that's one people use a lot. But there's loads of FB groups for that sort of thing, so I'm not surprised Kelly does it that way.

Do the guys who come to do the clearance are like they movers? Do they wrap the stuff up or box it and then donate it? It will be interesting to see what other things you find along the way when they clear stuff out.

The snow didn't stick here, but it's not like we haven't had snow before at Easter; the last time it did, we were on our way to the airport, and there were 6ft banks of it at the side of the road.

I'm currently working through the topper tutorial now, so I shall post it in a bit along with Han's, which is really cute.

I have no idea yet of how they move it they won't be coming till next week, they came yesterday just to give me a quote and I was happy with it so gave them the go ahead.

I know we've had snow at Easter before, but it's not usual since we moved to Wales, especially the part we live in. It has its own micro-climate and so snow is not something we see very often.

I saw the tutorial and Hannahs topper before I came here, well done both of you. 😘

You're really embracing this clear out. Are you still doing the shredding, or have you finished with that now?

I know snow in April is quite random, even for us. Where we used to live, it rained for about 2 years straight when we first moved out and seemed to have its own climate/weather rules. But since we've moved back, we're back in a warmer climate because it was always a few degrees higher here.

I don't care what the temp is along as it's dry.

Han's not seen the post yet, although I have told her it's on here. She said what about the other characters, but I said at this rate, we're not quite sure when they'll be made, so she's better getting them posted one at a time. 😁

Finished the shredding, well all that needed to be done as far as Johns office was concerned and any now I can keep on top off and do when needed.

It's just my stuff now and if it's just rubbish through the post I've got a roller to block out my name and address, my banking is all online and I have a council account but any letters that arrive I keep in a box file did new stuff comes out then I can shred the old.

Before moving to Wales we lived in the East Midlands so winter always included snow at some point.

I'm having some fish today that I still had in the freezer, I'll mix up some parsley sauce to go with it and have mashed potatoes.

I'm with you, Bill...Parsley Sauce. 🙄

Oooo not had fish, mashed potato and parsley sauce for while. I've got some tinned salmon in the cupboard, perfect for that, served with garden peas. Or some fish in the freezer instead of the salmon 🤔? Why not both 💡? Two quick mid-week meals there.

Back to work yesterday, busy week and some long hours (just taking a break now). Baking and cake planning will have to wait until the weekend.

Oooo not had fish, mashed potato and parsley sauce for while. I've got some tinned salmon in the cupboard, perfect for that, served with garden peas. Or some fish in the freezer instead of the salmon 🤔? Why not both 💡? Two quick mid-week meals there.

So Joan's given you ideas for two teas this week; I like it. 😂 Enjoy work, and let me know how you get on with the Wilton tins.

Strange weather here.. started off sunny but cold, then turned into rain and hail all day. So, just had a relaxing day, stocked up with meat from the local farm, binged watched Line Of Duty and made slow cooked beef shin for this evening's meal. The beef cooks for 6 hours, which tied the main oven up so tomorrow is all about cake practice. The house Chief Planning and Finance Officer is considering an amended application for a second large oven 🤞.

We'll have to do a farm run shortly as we're nearly out of sausages. Sunny but cold here today. Not quite sure what the day will bring other than deliveries, so nothing exciting to report. We're so rock n roll! 🤣

Sunshine here, although this morning we had a shower of hail, the sky was black overhead before moving on. It's cold though, so far Wednesday looks to be the highest temperature at 11°C I do wish it would warm up.

Same here, hail this morning while I was out walking, that did appear to keep people indoors so everywhere was quiet. The rest of the day has been sunny but cold, it hasn't gone above 7 deg C all day. Mid teens forecast for next week, but at one time that was the forecast for this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back