What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten is no different than 7 once you set up a proper start menu and make a few tweaks. It's just not as glossy :) I can fix that too, just not sure I want to go to the trouble

A Guy

Lol! I have to ask, does John do anything in your house or is it all you? Build it, bake it, make it, create it, wow it's all you!

I like the cabinet, and I hope you're using coasters on it. It's too posh just to put your coffee cups straight on it. Also, thank you for clarifying who's doing what and who's coming when. 😂

I must admit that when I initially went on 10, I had to switch back because all my stuff didn't work correctly, but once it was successfully installed, I was fine. Unfortunately with 7 being on its way out 10 is the only way forward so welcome aboard Bill. :D

Lol! I have to ask, does John do anything in your house or is it all you? Build it, bake it, make it, create it, wow it's all you!

I like the cabinet, and I hope you're using coasters on it. It's too posh just to put your coffee cups straight on it. Also, thank you for clarifying who's doing what and who's coming when. 😂
Not a lot these days, I sorted out the cabinet this morning and it's in position with the old TV and the boxes on top, of course it will have to be adjusted when the new bigger TV goes onto it. :)

Don't need coasters as it's not a coffee table anymore plus my coffee mug sits at the side of me on a trolley. Willow settled down on it though last night while it was still in the middle of the room. :D
TVUnit1.jpg

Today I learned that Jerry (Bongo) passed away. Always such a nice guy, and with his disability, you'd never guess as he was always helping, and never a complaint. RIP Jerry...

A Guy

Today I learned that Jerry (Bongo) passed away. Always such a nice guy, and with his disability, you'd never guess as he was always helping, and never a complaint. RIP Jerry...

A Guy

Yes I saw that when I went to the forum yesterday, such sad news, he was always such a great help and he'll be missed.

I know I was so sad when he told me! I loved Jerry; he was a fab guy and just got on with things no matter what life threw at him. I hope wherever he rests; he shines brightly! 🌟

@A Guy John was also checking in with me about you because you seemed to have gone AWOL. I told him I'd spoken to you, so he was good with that.

@Joan your cupboard looks a lot smaller now that it's in the corner, it looked massive in the middle of your floor. Can I ask why the TV is on one side?

I'm currently still trying to shift this lingering cold and working on plans for my next cake. I'm also waiting for an Amazon delivery, but I can't even track him yet. He has some cutters that I want to try out, and I know as soon as I tidy up (which I'm in the process of doing he'll turn up). 😏

Last edited:
@Joan your cupboard looks a lot smaller now that it's in the corner, it looked massive in the middle of your floor. Can I ask why the TV is on one side?
I'm currently still trying to shift this lingering cold and working on plans for my next cake. I'm also waiting for an Amazon delivery, but I can't even track him yet.
No particular reason, by the time I'd disconnected and re-connected everything plus moving that unit and the one the TV used to sit on before, which are both heavy, I'd had enough and still had stuff to do in the kitchen so knew I'd be suffering later. We can both see it and it will do till we get the new one on there.

Hope that cold doesn't linger too long, hope you've got your Amazon order now, you take care of yourself. xx

:D Think it might be a bit far for me to get there Bill. It's 9:39 AM here at the moment and I've just looked at the temp showing on a thermometer on the inside of my kitchen window and that shows 21.5 C which to me is a bit cool, outside it can't make its mind up what it wants to. The sky has white and grey clouds with a bit of blue sky showing in a few places, it is on the windy side which is keeping the temps down but so far it's not raining. :)

No particular reason, by the time I'd disconnected and re-connected everything plus moving that unit and the one the TV used to sit on before, which are both heavy, I'd had enough and still had stuff to do in the kitchen so knew I'd be suffering later. We can both see it, and it will do till we get the new one on there.

Hope that cold doesn't linger too long, hope you've got your Amazon order now, you take care of yourself. xx

Haha, love it, that's where it landed, so it's staying put until it gets sorted. 😂 Amazon came after I'd tidied up, but some of my cutters were bent, I'm not surprised because they were that tightly packed it took me ten minutes to get inside the bag. The cold is clearing, and I'm now on the chest cracking and dry throat part of it. Mmmm lovely! 😜

Joan, can you come rearrange my place? :D Be aware, it's 8:19 PM as I type this, and it's still 99°

A Guy

Do you have air-con?

99° at 8:19 pm (I love how precise you were on time). Pfft, you need to stop bragging! 🤣

Had my hair cut today, it had got a bit long so I was struggling to wash it. When it's short I can manage it a bit better as it doesn't take as long. This is the photo I took, not the best but it still needs washing and John likes the style, I would have had it shorter. 🙄
IMG_0108Haircut.jpg

Do you have air-con?

99° at 8:19 pm (I love how precise you were on time). Pfft, you need to stop bragging! 🤣

99° is not bragging...99° is sweating! I'm not happy about 99°! No global warming my tookus!

No AC, we just rarely got this hot here on the Peninsula. Now it's becoming a regular thing. Fog is back on the coast so windows are closed now, and it's only 75° now. Tomorrow will be cooler yet.

Joan keeps posting these pinup pictures! :hearteyes:

A Guy

The weather here is very unsettled the last couple of days, it's very windy and the sky is grey but 1 minute the sun is trying to show and the next there's a cloud burst and it's hammering it down, we've just this minute had another downpour. :scream:

I like the hair Joan it suits you! I agree @A Guy she'll have a calendar set up soon! 😂 As for the weather, fog and humidity faff with my hair so that's a big no-no and I still envy the fact that you live in a lovely warm climate. It's a shame about the air-con, though.

As for here, today has been absolutely awful, yet the sun is trying to peek through all the clouds! Hot, cold, hot, cold, hot, cold or is that just me. :p

Thanks Angie, I'm still not sure about it but hopefully when I manage to wash it it will look better.

The suns out here at the moment although this morning it was awful. 🙄

It looks fine as it is.

Rain, rain and more rain, so much so I'm not even going outside to empty the bin! 😂 I also tried buffing my floor this morning and the light works on it, but the machine isn't working. I've tried charging it again, but it's not doing anything. :eyeroll:

I managed to wash it today, it fluffs out at the side more now. I might post another photo tomorrow.

Not been too bad weather-wise here today, it's been sunny quite a lot today with no rain, I think we had enough of that yesterday and last night so there's been a lot of flooding around.

My hair does that too, the shorter I have it, the more it expands because I have naturally curly hair. Han's is fab because she can have hers both straight and curly with no fuss.

I got caught in some flooded areas on Friday but luckily managed to pass through it. It's a lot colder today with a bit of fog, but it's dry, so I'll take it. 😊

My hair is very fine and straight although it does now have a bit of a wave at the sides.

We've got the rain back today with some wind, and it is a bit chillier. John's had the school run today plus having to go and do some shopping. As well as stuff for himself he had to pick up some crickets and worms for Kelly's pets, he's taken them with him to drop off with the kids this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back