What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
😂 No, he didn't fancy having the crickets jumping all over the place if he opened the tub and the worms were quite happy burrowing under the sawdust. :)

Does she have a tarantula or something? I know when we looked after our friend's many years ago, it liked the crickets. Not too much with the locusts though. Eww, those things made me shudder. We did have to put a remote on the cricket box to stop the little blighters moving the plastic box they were in. The tarantula was funny; it just used to walk to the bottom of the tank and watch TV.

I must admit when I first saw the thread I wondered what on earth you two were on about! 😂

She has a bearded dragon and a red-eyed green tree frog, the dragon has the locusts, crickets and worms but she has to have small crickets for the frog. :D

Ah right, my friend has a few of those too, the bearded dragon that is not the tree frogs. I bet the kids love them, don't they? I'm intrigued as to why they chose them as pets? Just having live insects as food gives makes me a shudder down my spine. Han did ask for a turtle at one point, but eventually, she went off the idea.

Back on the weather front! I'm definitely feeling the drop in temperature so the heating will be going back on shortly, I'm now off to make some decorations for our friends' granddaughter's cake.

She's like us and just loves animals, better than people mostly, :D she believes children should have pets and be brought up to treat them properly as it helps them grow into caring adults.

You often find that children who mistreat animals grow up to be adults who tend to be violent or cruel to others.

At present they have a dog, cat, 4 guinea pigs, bearded dragon and tree frog, they used to have a fish tank a while ago they've also had stick insects. They did have another dog a couple of years ago, a malamute, he'd not been looked after properly in his years before they got him but at least his last few years were spent with people who loved him and looked after him properly.

I can't remember a time when I didn't have animals in my life and it's been the same for my kids. :)

She's like us and just loves animals, better than people mostly, :D she believes children should have pets and be brought up to treat them properly as it helps them grow into caring adults.

Aww, that's nice, they have a variety don't they, having said that you feed everything, so the apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it. :D

I had to Google the Malamute! 🤓 There's one of those near us, and it's massive, Han loves it but I take one look at it and think it will eat me for breakfast. Next doors dog got into our garden yesterday, and I wouldn't go out into the garden until last night, so I knew it was definitely gone. I'm such a wuss! 😂

I think you guys would be great with a farm.

I know she'd love one, she could have her horses then, she's never forgiven us for not getting her one when she was growing up, especially as I had a horse in my life and my other 2 kids had them, made even worse when she knew they'd had a Palimino. :scream: 🤣

I had a horse when I was very little

qHNX0US.jpg

A Guy

Lol! I not here for five mins and I come back to horse pics! 😂 🤣 😂 Happy Belated birthday, Mr Guy! I hope you had a fabulous day. 🥳🤩😎

I've been up to my neck in a cake for the past few days, well that and losing the plot. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong, and I'm still trying to work out where the beaters from my whisk went, 🤔 they're either in the cake or in the bin because I've searched high and low and I can't find them. I had to send John on an emergency mission to buy me another one. 🚓 Then to top it all off, after an emergency stop (because the police were blue lighting through the traffic lights), the beast fell off the top of the cake! I swear that cake will be the death of me! We've had to fudge it back together, but every time the beast goes back on the top, he falls off when moved. So after much discussion, our friends are going to strategically place him on the top of the cake when they reach the venue otherwise he's going to end up face down in tier number one! 😞 I'm still trying to come up with ways to save him, but without him looking stupid he's just going to have to balance. 🙄 This is a quick preview for you until I post it properly.

Beauty and the Beast Cake by Help Me Bake.jpg

I also believe that I'm not the only baker wizard either, I have it on good authority that @thomaseg1 has made a fabulous batch of snickerdoodles too. 😊....I now believe I'm even more behind the times because you guys have been posting in the Snickerdoodle thread and I've only just seen it! Seriously I think I need to go back to bed. 😴

Last edited:
So after a night dreaming about cake, and umpteen ways on how to fix it today I went and tamed the beast! 😂 To counter-balance his top-heaviness, I placed a wedge under one of his feet and then covered his toes on the other side. If that doesn't hold him, then I don't know what will. I also helped and taught my friend some decorating tricks as she was making a 'Get well cake' for her friend too. It's been a busy old day hence the late posting, now to get back to catching up with Han and some TV! 😍

Hello me again have you two fell off the radar? Now I know how Joan feels when she starts chatting to herself. 😂

I'm back in the office today so shall hopefully be very productive and gets lots done, here's hoping.

Trying to find a job, lol. Don't want to settle for just anything, as once I start, I won't have time to keep looking :wink:

A Guy

Are you having any luck? I don't blame you for not settling at the end of the day you spend a third of your life there, so it has to be good. I do hope you find something in your field with fewer hours and lots more money. Or are you going all out and changing your career? Decisions, decisions!

Oops I wrote this yesterday but forget to hit the post reply button so here's yesterdays post and I'll now go and write todays. :D

Hope you got your office work done.

Busy few days for me this week, Monday I had my eyes tested, just have to wait for the new ones to be ready now.

Did my accounts today so up to date and tally with the bank and apparently I have to sort out stuff under my desk according to John, he said he was trying to get a pack of paper out of the box sent papers all over the floor then slid off my office chair, I've not even been to see what mess he has caused yet grrrrrrrrrrrrr men.

Tomorrow the Sky engineer comes to change over the Q box and hopefully sets up the new TV for us, I've got to screw it's supports on before he comes yet.

OK now for today. 😂

Well the engineer Mark came and he was lovely and set everything up for me, including the new TV. He also put a new satellite dish up and gave me a booster box to get a better connection between the new SkyQ2 box in the living room and the Sky mini box in the bedroom.

He also got me a great deal on my package which means my bills will be over £6 a month less than I pay now and I get movie channels as part of it.

Anyway I know I'm late today with one thing or another but I've got to dash again now and catch up with a few other things, be back tomorrow, hopefully after a bit better nights sleep. :D

Today I put up the two out three of the daughters coming over , Shelly the grand kid
Is currently playing with Tigger the cat ( the only one he will play with)
number two (Alice) is cooking.
Number one (Mary) is aggravating me trying to play my witch of a violin and finding
out how touchy a 90 year old violin can be 😊
Number 3 (jenny) is still playing exchange student in Newcastle so I wont see her
till Christmas

My old job is so specific as to not exist most everywhere. The few places it does exist (extended warranty company) doesn't currently have openings, so I am almost assuredly changing careers. I hate sitting in an office (home is ok), so looking at something relatively outside that will keep me busy from clock in to clock out (I hate to not be busy).

I can make good money, and I don't sweat how many hours it takes as I've been doing 10.5-12 for so long. Have a couple of nibbles now, if they pan out, will likely take one

A Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back