What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sorry, I thought you meant you were. :oops:

I'm not surprised Kelly has put them on packed lunches, school dinners are quite expensive now. I told Han that if she couldn't find anything then to take some wraps with her so at least she has something. She managed to source food yesterday, so I'll see how she gets on today. :p

I hope John had a good school run, I do miss it and I don't, I miss not taking Han, but I don't miss the dodgy parking, people blocking the road while dropping their kids off at the gates and getting wet through on the playground.

I hope your phone call later is full of good news and a happy day.
He had a problem the first day, but that was because he'd spent over the allowance they'd put on his card which was supposed to last him several days so he could get the odd drink, instead he got himself a pizza, baguette and drink at lunchtime so of course didn't want his lunch.

Apart from that it seems to have got off to a good start, he and a friend got lost at one stage but asked an older pupil who gave them directions so they knew where to go.

Kelly sent a letter in with him telling his form leader that they would need to give him time to take things in and to make sure he recorded what he needed to pass on to his parents etc. as he has trouble retaining information at first.

The form leader phoned Kelly yesterday afternoon and told her he actually gave her the letter in front of the others and she still has 8 pupils who wouldn't do that and he will talk to her, that pleased Kelly and we both said it's a pity they didn't move them to Manorbier school earlier rather than him only having 1 year there. It has really done him good having that 1 year there and given his confidence a real boost.

All in all secondary school has got off to a good start for him. :)

Did you learn this from the Blind Guy?

A Guy 😁

😂 😂 😂

I was going to mention in the post that it has nothing to do with wearing a blindfold and go the comedic and my sense of humour route, but I thought it best to stick to good old fashioned teaching instead.

Or should I be a rebel and change it? Decisions, decisions! :p

All in all, secondary school has got off to a good start for him. :)

Aww, that's fabulous news that after an initial hiccup with his dinner money all is sorted and he's enjoying it. That's all you can ask for really. It was great that they found a helpful pupil who sent them the right way and that he is confident enough to interact with the teachers in front of other pupils. Great stuff! :cool:

We're currently having a pizza dilemma because Domino's website is down and the App isn't working! 🙃

Last edited:
My Mom told me that on the 1st day of kindergarten I asked the teacher if she wasn't kind of old to be there :)

My Mom gave my all my report cards from 1st grade through High School. And class pictures for 1st through 6th (Elementary School). Every elementary school report card basically said Bill is very smart, but he needs to concentrate on school work, lol.

A Guy

So do you concentrate now? :p John's reports pretty much said the same thing. It just goes to show that school isn't the be-all and end-all of education and if you work hard, focus and apply yourself, then you can pretty much achieve anything you like. Irrespective of whether you're academic or not.

Han once told one of her primary school teachers that John and I were too old to work. She was shocked when we turned up for Parents Evening and were much younger than she expected us to be. 😂

Now back to a full working week and plough through the in-tray me thinks. :)

Han once told one of her primary school teachers that John and I were too old to work. She was shocked when we turned up for Parents Evening and were much younger than she expected us to be. 😂

Isn't it wonderful how kids perceive an adults age, probably anyone over about 25 is deemed to be ancient.
roflmao3.gif

I know apparently I'm ancient, embarrassing and should not be let out in public on my own. 😂

I know she's so hip, down with the kids and a tech buff. I've got no chance against those credentials. 😂

Lol! Yeah, the heating is back on for me too although I'm not cool! 😂

Bill's still sunning himself while we're wrapping up for Winter! :cool:

Lol! Yeah, the heating is back on for me too although I'm not cool! 😂

Bill's still sunning himself while we're wrapping up for Winter! :cool:
I know it makes you sick, although I don't think I'd like it quite as hot as it can get over there at times. :scream:

You pay the bills here and you can have the weather too. Average 1 BR apartment rent here is $2,800!

A Guy

That's the price you pay for hobnobbing with the stars. You'd probably freeze to death over here with our English Summer. 😂

On the upside, Joan, the weekend is looking good! 🤞

I'm currently working out what I need for Han's cake and trying to do a little drawing. I say drawing, but that isn't technically true! It's actually shapes and doodles that I recognise. Han laughs at me because I can't draw for toffee! I can make things yes, draw things err no. 🤣

Last edited:
Not looked that far ahead yet, I just take each day as it comes. 😂

I agree with your sentiment about Bill and our summers though, mind you this year has been pretty good during the kid's summer break which makes a change. :D

Hope your cake shapes are working out OK for Hans cake, I expect they are though as she usually gets a great looking cake, how old is she this year?

Not looked that far ahead yet, I just take each day as it comes. 😂

I agree with your sentiment about Bill and our summers though, mind you this year has been pretty good during the kid's summer break, which makes a change. :D

Hope your cake shapes are working out OK for Hans cake, I expect they are though as she usually gets a great looking cake, how old is she this year?

You must have got a better summer than us then Joan because all I can remember is a few good days here and there and then lots of rain. ☔

I'm actually on two cakes as I'm doing one for our friend's granddaughter again too. I have been trying to work out the banner for Han's 14th cake and watched some youtube vids to see if that would help. I've now got a better idea, so I need to get some supplies and then make it. I was going to make it out of fondant icing, but I think it will be too heavy, so I'm going to use paper now instead.

She's never 14, where did the last few years go. :scream:

We definitely had it better than you, mind you, we seem to have our own climate in this corner of Wales. I always say because of where we live we are on the East coast of South West Wales.

We had more sunny days than rainy ones, some days if it did rain it would be in the night or first thing and then clear up. There were the odd days when we had a downpour but they didn't last that long and we had a lot more hot sunny days. :D

We've got sunshine here today, blue sky with a few wispy streaks of cloud in the sky. It's keeping my solar lights well charged this summer, they come on earlier now as the nights draw in. :)

It's Ironman here this weekend so road closures, they have the kids part of the weekend today then tomorrow it's the professional athletes, they start with the swim in Tenby then onto a bike ride and finish with a marathon. The roads through here are closed from early in the morning till late afternoon as the bikes go through here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back