What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we like to hear them and there are still plenty of trees around so they soon found somewhere else to roost.

I'll be glad when I can get into the garden to start doing some more clearing up, especially now those fir trees have gone and I can see what's what. Don't you overdo things and make yourself worse Angie, just take it steady. :)

I'm trying to take it steady, I've also been in the garden to try and balance myself out. We bought some bulbs the other day along with lillys and pansies. We also bought a forest flame, lavender plant and some fruit bushes so I've been out planting those.

I got a little tired so I stopped and will hopefully be back out when the weather gets better to try and finish planting.

Well rains stopped play around here the last couple of days, I did manage to get my garden waste wheelie bin put out today for emptying. It's the first time since this years scheme started again at the end of February I've put it out. Of course they have to run late today so it meant I had to phone the council this afternoon to check if they'd been and missed mine, it must have been late afternoon when suddenly a man came up the drive to collect the bin go empty it and bring it back, so pleased, at least it means they know where to collect it from. :D

The weather is all over the place at the minute! Our emptying of garden waste runs every two weeks Joan, and the rate we are pulling up the ivy we're going to need it! I got Han doing the weeding the other day, although it didn't go quite to plan, she pulled out one of my new plants because she thought it was a weed! :eyeroll: She also thought it was boring but it was such a lovely day I wanted her outside with us.

I still haven't put my other plants in and I'm currently on magpie watch too. One of the magpies has sussed out where there is a nest and is trying to pinch the eggs although I'm playing moving scarecrow so every time it goes for it I'm running round the garden like a mad woman trying to scare it away! We have a stand off every morning now. :steam:

I'm assuming the weather is all good stateside for Bill although I'm quite impressed that the sun seems to be making more of an appearance this side of the pond although hail appeared on Sunday out of nowhere.

Well we've had the crappy weather that the East side of the country had yesterday, lots of rain and gales whereas yesterday was lovely and sunny here. :eyeroll:

It's been sunny today whoop whoop although I've been indoors for most of it! :p

I haven't seen the magpie today so my scary powers must still be working! :joycat:

It's mostly cloudy here today, according to my weather app we don't get any sun till Saturday and even then it's going to be cloudy as well, but it is supposed to be getting warmer. :eyeroll:

Well so far this bank holiday has been glorious weather wise, sunny all day yesterday and today, we'll wait and see what the bank holiday Monday brings.

How's the garden clean up going Angie? I'm slowly starting to sort out the garden now next door has taken the trees down and we can actually see what we're doing.

Ok finished talking to myself for now, see you all soon. xx

Sorry Joan, yesterday was busy, busy. We're close to the 70's starting, then nothing but 70's and 80's in the near future.

A Guy

That's OK Bill, don't know how long this nice weather will last. Even though the sun is out there is still a slight chill in the air.:smiley:

Well so far this bank holiday has been glorious weather wise, sunny all day yesterday and today, we'll wait and see what the bank holiday Monday brings.

How's the garden clean up going Angie? I'm slowly starting to sort out the garden now next door has taken the trees down and we can actually see what we're doing.

Bank holiday was glorious for us too, we have cleared more of the dreaded ivy (man that stuff can grow) and I have finally planted the last of my lilies and the forest flame. We still have a lot of clearing out to do before we can plant anything and I have also chopped down some of the red robin tree so Han can actually get on the trampoline. I have also repositioned one of the laurels into the border and planted the two buddleias so hopefully, at some point, we may start to see a little colour appearing.

We nipped to the garden centre yesterday just to get an idea of plants to put back in. There are quite a few beautiful rose bushes that flower for numerous months of the year so they might be an option. We're trying to stagger the flower growth so we can aim to have colour all year round.

There are some beautiful plants in the centre but I think this year it will be more about working out what we have and then planning for next year to see what we can put in.

We also need an umbrella for the patio furniture so John's just ordered one and we have bought some flower seeds. We did manage to buy a hanging basket for the front and the new door sign has appeared so when John gets five minutes he's going to put it at the door. The only thing left at the front is to put the stone in the borders and buy a black doorbell because the white one looks horrid.

Glad you had a good bank holiday as well, Monday was another glorious day so the visitors can't complain about the weather this year.

OK that was our summer so lets see what the rest of the year brings. :D

Well it's been a sunny day again, just a bit overcast a few times during the day but mainly sunny. Just wish it would get warmer though I'd be more inclined to actually start to do some work outside then.

Once the place is free of the weeds from next door we can start to sort out what plants we're going to put around, we're just doing pots though and will lay some weed suppressing plastic down and then put gravel over it so we can just put pots around.

Not sure just what we'll get but of course we have to use cat friendly plants, when we first came here and had pots under the windows I had a lovely collection of different coloured lilies' but they're poisonous to cats so they're out. John likes grasses so we'll probably have some of those.

It's only a small garden so we wont have to get that many. :hibiscus::rose::tulip:

Lol! Weed suppressing plastic, wowsers Joan you are posh, we call it membrane around here. :p

We're looking to do the same at the front and at the back, we have lots of weeds growing through so if we membrane and stone we should hopefully suppress the weed growth for a while.

I didn't know lilies were poisonous to cats. Although after checking, mine seems to be getting annihilated by some little red insect that looks like a ladybird without its spots. We also have some orange flowers appearing and currently, we are still trying to work out what's weed and what's actual flowers.

Han had another driving lesson over the weekend and she was fabulous! The instructor had her reversing in figures of 8 round cones, doing new parking techniques which they learn on their driving lessons and she got over 30mph! I saw this car speeding up towards us and thought that's got to be Han, she thoroughly enjoyed it and cannot wait for her next one.

Driving Lesson.jpg

The weather has also been really good.

I know we usually have thought for the day and the last letter game but I'm having word of the day today and it's Zingiberaceae! Lol, found it when I was doing my ginger tip, love it. ❤

✨ Yeah, these work too, if you press the windows key on your keyboard and the colon key you get lots more smilies! Or have you guys been doing this already and I'm just late to the party!

.....orrrr not all of them work.

I see.

♌ My zodiac sign

Yummy

Didn't know anything about this, is it something that John has just done for us ?

Oh dear the eyes didn't work or the doughnut. :(

They're still there for me Bill, let's see if these 2 work. Sorry, I disappeared but apparently, my router lost connection, but I am going now as I want to do my Tesco check while I still have the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back