What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been up to? 2022 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, that means you'll be staying in one place for a while. It does sound as if it will be quite a brilliant show, mind you even if you just had green items it would be good because of all the different shades of green there are.

Well seeing as you've done it before I'm sure you'll have plenty of ideas floating around. I look forward to seeing things take shape. 🥰

Yeah definitely! We have lots of things still to do inside and out, so there's plenty to go at depending on how big of a project we want to do. 😁

I like evergreen, but it gets a bit bland being one colour, so we want to add pops of colour to brighten it up a bit. I shall keep you posted on our progress.

Thank you I look forward to that. I do agree that even having many shades of green having added pops of other colours will bring it alive.

Do you two ever think about taking a break and having a rest from all this renovating work, you never seem to stop, you're wearing me out. 😂

I know Bill, they just seem to find their forever place and the next minute they're off again.

It's stressing me out thinking about moving from here after nearly 30 years never mind after a few. :scream:

Kelly made me laugh yesterday, she sent me a text to say she has to go to the school on Monday to talk about GCSE options for her eldest son, she wanted to know how that had happened. 🤣

Forever place, we don't seem to get that. I think the only way we would have that is if we built it ourselves. We're fine as we are, though.

As for the renovations, they have to be done in order for us to have the house and gardens as we like them. It's good to have projects, and this one has been the biggest by far. We have taken a break. We're just back to doing things again, albeit we're spacing them out more.

You'll be fine moving, Joan. You're doing all the decluttering now, which is what we had to do. Once that's out of the way, then the rest is pretty much plain sailing.

As for the GCSE option talk, I know it comes around so fast. I remember it well, and now we're only months off the real thing!

I'm having a break today, yesterday I emptied the airing cupboard and put a load of towels into storage boxes and put the ones I'm using most at the moment into another one back into the cupboard. :eyeroll:

I haven't got an awful lot of stuff to get rid of now but there is still plenty of things that will need to be packed when the time comes. At least I haven't got many large items for transport so I hope a moving firm doesn't cost too much they only have to go just over 5 miles down the road. 🙄

Oh, that's good that you're having a rest for a minute. Did you put your feet up and indulge in some of your reading for a change?

The weather's beautiful here at the minute, a little cold, but the sun is out, so I'll hopefully get out for a walkabout later.

A five-mile move should be reasonable, and you'll probably get it all done in one go depending on what you take. Are you still checking on the website to see what is available?

It's been really sunny here all day today, we had the sun yesterday as well although Saturday I was a bit worried as we were getting very strong winds again.

As usual I was trying to catch up with my forums but at least I was sitting down.

I had a surprise visitor this morning, the district nurse turned up to take my blood so they can check my Thyroid levels, these have to be done every 2 to 3 months. It has been a lot longer since my last one though. Then he tried to take my blood pressure but the machine kept switching off, I asked him about the batteries. He went back to his car and came back with 2 new ones, the machine actually needed 4, even though you're not supposed to mix them he put the 2 in and managed to get a reading. Of course with the messing about it was up, I'll just have to wait and see what happens when the surgery see the results. 😂

I still check the site but don't always have to go there as I get an email showing what properties they are going to show that week and if there's nothing where I want to go there's no need to go to the actual site.

Got to disappear for now got to get my dinner, be back later. 😘

224rg5.gif

A Guy

I do hope your results reduce! I'm not surprised they were up with all that faffing, but good on him for having a few spare batteries in the car. It must have been one of those days where things don't work properly. We had issues with the TV and Alexa yesterday. Sound going, no connection, I thought I'd BSOD the TV at one point! You have to laugh though. 😂

Ah, so you get updates on the site. That's good, I have to remember to check in on my emails because sometimes they don't always come through on my phone.

The weather stayed dry enough, so we managed a short walk yesterday just for a bit of fresh air.

So what did you have for dinner?

I had Smoked Haddock Gratin, it's pieces of smoked haddock in a cheese and chive sauce with a parsley breadcrumb topping, with buttery mashed potato, carrots and Romano beans. they are £4.99.

I should be getting an email soon to tell me what properties are listed this week. The list goes online at the site on a Wednesday morning and is open till 5 pm the following Monday evening for interested parties to bid on any property they find suitable.

I hope you enjoyed your Haddock.

Oh, that's good that they give you a bit of time to look at the properties.

Not much to report on this end. The weather's a bit meh but still dry, so I'll take it.

We're supposed to be in for a good week here, it's sunny again today, not quite as warm as yesterday but it's apparently going to get warmer and sunnier as the week goes on.

Lots of property on the list this week but again nothing for me.

That's a shame. All in good time, though. 😊

The temperature seems to have dropped with us, it was pretty cold this morning, but the sun's out, so things are warming up again.

...Ooh, I meant to say Happy St Patrick's Day! ☘️ Maybe you'll have the luck of the Irish coming your way.

We've also just had some shopping delivered, and we had some Blissfuls on the order! 😍

Last edited:
It's a bit colder here today with a mixture of grey clouds and sunshine, it can't make its mind up what it wants to do, there's a breeze as well.

We are supposed to have some sunny days coming our way probably over the weekend, I will just wait and see. :D

Oh no! Sending lots of rainy weather your way.

Happy Rain GIF by Philippa Rice

We have plenty of sunshine today. It's practically a summer's day outside. Far too cold for you, Bill, but for us, it's fabulous.

I've also recently been for an eye test, so new glasses for me! 👓 Hopefully, now I'll be able to read the teeny weeny print on Han's flashcards. 🤓

🤣 I've got to sort out my test, I should have had one last October but didn't hear from them. I have the at home service. I know I should give them a ring and chase it up but I keep getting side-tracked so it ends up being too late to phone, I really will have to sort it out. :eyeroll:

It started off this morning being a bit dull but like you Angie the sun is out and I can really believe spring is definitely on her way. 😍

Okay, having read this, I want to ask if you have now rang and made an appointment for them to come and see you? I do hope so. If not, you need to set aside some time this week and get it done. Otherwise, I will ask you every day until you've done it. 😂

It's sooooo warm here today. I had to undo my coat on the school run because it got hot in the car. It feels like a warm Tenerife morning out there...beautiful! 😊

I'm currently waiting for my shopping, so I can't have my breakfast yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back