What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been up to? 2022 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabulous! I love the fact they have dirty feet as well. 😁

So we're finally back to normal as Han's back at school and doing some of her exams, and I'm trying to get back into a normal working routine seeing as I've been her study partner all week.

Glad to hear you're back to normal Angie, it was a glorious weekend here with lots of sunshine, quite different from the previous weekend.

My food was OK, after the power was out for the longest time I was a bit worried about the freezer contents but after power was restored it was still showing as being -11 so things were still frozen. It is usually set at -18 but the new freezer I have did say that it was built in such a way to hold the temperature.

Like you I loved that cake, it was quite funny with the dirty feet going up the side. 😂

The fridge is a great thermos...if you don't open the doors. The freezer is of course harder (or softer)

A Guy

Ohh, that's good. I'm glad you managed to 'save' the food.

As for the cake, it's always the little things that make the biggest difference and add that fun element to it.

It's been lovely here today and a complete contrast to yesterday, the birds are chirping, the sun is shining and we even managed to get out for half an hour! Whoop, whoop!

Vitamin D Sunshine GIF by Sun Life Indonesia

The weather changed again, quite chilly today, we've had some rain but it's mainly been grey and overcast.

That's one thing you can guarantee the weather's so changeable we've always got something to talk about. 🤣

I know Mother Nature always keeps us on our toes. It was lovely yesterday, and now it's grim! I'm in John's office at the minute, so I'm not really taking much notice of it. 😁

Chicken dinner for tea, I think, but no walkabout for Han and me later.

I had Smoked Haddock Gratin and tonight I'm going to have Cumberland Sausage. The Gratin was a new one I thought I'd try and I enjoyed it so ordered it again.

The weather is miserable today overcast and raining, it's a bit chilly as well with a slight breeze. :eyeroll: If it's anything like this up your way I'd definitely stay indoors.

Lol! I read the first three words of your post then and thought for a second there you'd taken up smoking! 😮

I do love your posh meals. I'm glad you've found another one that you like as it gives you more options when making your orders.

The weather is awful again today, so I've made some cupcake toppers to brighten my day. I'm currently working on the tutorial at the minute.

🤣 I am definitely not going to start smoking again, I stopped over 16 years ago and would be a fool if I started again.

The sun keeps trying to poke through the grey clouds this afternoon but it's a struggle. :eyeroll:

Just finished watching Trigger Point, I waited till all episodes had been shown then had a binge-watching session, 3 episodes yesterday and the last 3 today. I will definitely be looking out for Season 2 when it comes out next year.

Smoked Haddock Gratin is hard to keep lit :D It rained some here today. Last rain was end of January I believe :(

A Guy

You can keep the rain over there thank you very much, we've got enough of our own at the moment and don't need anybody else's.
We've had sunshine again today although the day started off grey and miserable. It's my staying up late today so I can get my next grocery delivery slot. Willow's already gone to bed so she'll be cuddled up at the bottom of the bed, at least she doesn't try and settle at the side of my face. 😂

Yes, no problem. I have the same day and time every week, the only time there are problems is when it's holidays, the next one is Easter.

I always have 4 weeks booked but at holiday time they have to try and make it fair for all as delivery slots are very quickly filled. It's even more noticeable since the pandemic as more people are online shopping.

If you are a delivery saver member you get the chance to book earlier before the slots are open for everyone but it's still difficult, they give you a set time that they will open and when you try to get one you are in a queue and have to wait until they get to you, hopefully with an available slot. I'm on the Priority List.

You should be on the priority list. We try and keep with the same slot if we can, but sometimes that doesn't always work out.
I much prefer it this way though, rather than walking around the store for ages.

It's been beautiful here today, we were out in the garden yesterday trimming back the old bushes, and John put the last of the new bushes in. I tried to stay away from those because they're spiky. I'm not a lover of the spiky ones, although I'm looking forward to when they flower.

What are the spiky ones? It's not been too bad here, we've had some sunshine but lots of grey skies as well, but at least the rain has stayed away.

We've bought some Pyracantha in Red, Orange and Yellow berries. They're evergreen and flower over the summer, so they should start to add a little colour to the garden.

I'm not a lover of anything spiky because they always stab me when I trim them, so I always opt for softer foliage. However, these offer dual purpose, so we shall see how they look when they get their feet down.

They look interesting and very colourful, I'll guess the dual purpose is to stop anything from getting into the garden?
Just make sure John does the trimming, if it needs to be done much. 😂

Yes and no, we're building a border around the edge of the garden using plants and trees. Everything in there is green at the minute, so we're trying to break it up a bit with some flowers and berries to add bits of colour. We're currently taking things out, scraping back and then re-planting.

I got John to plant them because I stabbed myself in the ankle when I moved them. He was really good and just got on with it.

The garden will take a few years to sort and plan and has to be done in stages, but we've done it before. The only thing with this one is that it's going to take a lot more thinking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back