What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been up to? 2022 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each to their own but we really enjoy it. 😁 You get to know the families and some of the things they come out with are hilarious. It's fun to watch.

@Joan, I know what you mean about the loss to the families. Mary and Marina made me laugh because you always got an old school view of things, and they had such a lovely friendship. The one good thing to come out of it is they can cherish the video footage, spending time together as a family/friends and be able to show what kind of people they were to their new family members for generations to come. 😍

Han wanted us to sign up for it at one point. 😂

I know I'm enjoying watching it, another series I've just picked up is Call the Midwife. As much as I loved John I now realise just how narrow my viewing was when he was alive. I seem to be watching more catch-up than live TV, at least I don't have to watch sport now. :D

Aww, well, at least you're branching out now. 😘 We don't watch anything live because we don't do adverts, nor do we sit down at specific times because there's always something going on in the house.

When we do manage to sit down together, it's always something off the planner or streamed. But then we have our own set of programmes that we watch so we have to work around them too. Then I have other stuff with Hannah 🤣

So did you and John always watch TV together and not separately?

Aww, well, at least you're branching out now. 😘 We don't watch anything live because we don't do adverts, nor do we sit down at specific times because there's always something going on in the house.

When we do manage to sit down together, it's always something off the planner or streamed. But then we have our own set of programmes that we watch so we have to work around them too. Then I have other stuff with Hannah 🤣

So did you and John always watch TV together and not separately?
No, he'd never sit long enough to watch anything through, he'd either fall asleep on the couch, although he would say he was just resting his eyes, or he'd get up and go into his office or the bedroom and switch the telly on in there.

Most of the time I couldn't change over as you never knew when he was going to come back into the room and want to carry on watching and of course, I had to carry on with the normal tasks of running a household, cleaning, cooking, etc. so I wouldn't be in the room anyway. There were occasions when we did watch the same thing, only because I was mildly interested.

At the moment, before I get up to sort the rubbish out, I'm watching another episode of Inside The Tower of London, I'm really enjoying it, history used to be one of my better subjects at school.

I'm glad to see you're varying your tastes and indulging in lots of new TV. It sounds like you have a good mix of programmes whether they make you laugh, have intensity like the cooking competitions or teach you things.

Han and I sometimes end up watching new things from the snippets we see on Gogglebox. There have been a few things shown on there that we think, ooh, we'll have to look at that.

There's one I've seen snippets of but it's only on Netflix, and I'm debating if it's worth me adding it to my Sky account. The program is After Life with Ricky Gervais I believe it's about to start the last season in the series.

I don't know if you've seen it and if so what's it like?

Yeah, there were a lot of people raving about it and liked it, but I found it wasn't for me. He was on Graham Norton recently promoting the final series of it.

I watch quite a few things on Netflix, but then I flit between TV platforms depending on my mood. It's up to you whether you get it or not. I'm not sure if they do a free trial anymore, so it might be worth checking out.

Thanks for that Angie, I'll give it some more thought, I'll have a look to see if there are any offers around for it.

Yeah, have a look and see what you can find out. We used to have them separate at first, but now we have them as a package deal. Do you have an Amazon package?

I have Amazon Prime, at first I had it for the free shipping but when they bundle the streaming with the shipping I carried on but Kelly pays half of the fee as they do the streaming. I've not watched anything from them.

You used to have to have a Fire Stick to watch and I never bought one, but since having the new TV I don't need one as it's included as an app. There's also a Netflix app. as well. I think Kelly used to have Netflix separately but now has it via her Sky account, I can add it to my account for a fiver a month and I don't think I'll get it any cheaper, I'm still in contract till October.

I think a fiver a month is a good deal. I highly doubt you'd get it any cheaper. Do what suits you, though. I went on Amazon this morning to look for one of my programmes and then realised I'd finished both seasons! 🤣

Well at the moment I'm watching The Crown, never watched any before, I'm still catching up with Gogglebox plus Call the Midwife. I have quite a few of the new dramas to watch as well, trouble is there aren't enough hours in the day so I don't think I'll run out of stuff to watch.

My friends have watched The Crown and said it was really good, but I haven't seen it. Well, as long as you have lots of variety, that's the main thing. 😊

Oh! I've got lots of variety that's for sure, there are my comedy re-runs as well when I pick them up. Last of the Summer Wine, Open all Hours, Keeping up Appearances, Are you Being Served, another I liked but not come across that again yet Allo, Allo.

Then there are all the nature programs, plus the real live one, The Yorkshire Vet, Monkey World etc. I think you'll agree I have lots of variety. 😂

I was learning how to paint yesterday, so when I get a minute, I'm going to have a go. It was like having a real-life Bob Ross lesson but with cake stuff. In all honesty, I can't paint for toffee, so I like the fact that whether I do it right or wrong, I can always eat it at the end of it. 😁

And you have to admit that's the best part. 😂

I know, and if I don't like it, there's no evidence I ever made it in the first place. 🤣

Either way you'll use your palette/palate

A Guy

Lol! I see what you did there! 😁

I've got all my stuff now to have a go. Han went out yesterday and got supplies for me, bless her, she nearly bought half the shop.

Black Friday Christmas GIF by Target

I will have to wait to actually try it, though, because she's on half term shortly, so we're back on the revision timetable again. 📚

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back