What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been up to? 2022 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
🤣 I think I got mine when they first showed up online. I know I've had it a few years. I really love it especially as quite a few of my library books are hardcover and long, so having this meant I didn't have to hold onto such heavy books.

Lol! It doesn't surprise me.

I've just finished adding a new section to the site.

I decided I would create an easy section so that adults and kids could get together and make easy toppers together, either that or anyone wanting to get started and have a play about with icing/fondant. I've still got some of the harder toppers in the tutorials section, but I thought it would be a good idea to section out the easy ones so that they're more accessible.

I like that idea, the ones you have picked out would be fun for a parent to do with a child and as you say they are easy to do so could be done at an early age to give the child a good grounding in cake decoration. 😘

Thank you, that's what I was going for. I thought it would be a nice way to get back into teaching by coming up with easy toppers that people can make together, albeit online. However, having said that, this is how most things are done nowadays, so hopefully, people can do them at their leisure or whenever they find the time. As long as someone enjoys them then that's all that matters. 😁

I may start running my workshops again, but I haven't fully decided yet. They stopped running the community leisure courses at the local college, which is why I don't do them there anymore. We had such a fun time doing them there, and it was easier because the students brought all their own stuff, and I was just teaching, so I didn't have a ton of weekly prep involved.

At the minute, though, I haven't got time to do anything, what with Han's exams and so forth so I'm happy to post tutorials for the easy ones to my site. There's a lot of work involved in running my own workshops, and now you have covid regs etc., so we shall see. Online seems to be the way forward, but I do miss the classroom banter that I get from my students.

Han's my main priority at the mo, so everything else is on the back burner.

I can certainly see the problems involved in running the courses, I remember now that the college stopped being available. I can understand your priority is Hannah at this time so you don't need the added pressure of running baking courses as well.

Covid has a lot to answer for, it has caused such a lot of problems. :scream:

I know but it's also shown us how to embrace technology so whereas online/zoom and other forms of communication weren't prevalent before they are forefront now going forward and people have embraced them more. People are also looking at things more online so it may be a win-win. 😊

Lol! I just realised I hadn't finished posting in here yesterday. I never clicked post reply, it must have been one of those days because I ended up deleting stuff too. 🤣

Lol! I just realised I hadn't finished posting in here yesterday. I never clicked post reply, it must have been one of those days because I ended up deleting stuff too. 🤣
Don't worry about it, I've done it several times here, answered a post then went on to the next post and even left the forum sometimes, come back and seeing a post thought I'd answered and going to it found my post still sitting there waiting to be sent. 🤣

That's what I did! I've just done it again because Han's just distracted me with old Family Fortunes on the tele. 🤣

No, I didn't click on it I have enough useless information fighting for space in my head. 🤣

I'd better go and have a look at it then. 😂 There were a few that I already knew, told you my head was filled with useless information. :eyeroll:

I've got about a million lists on the go at the minute! As for storing useless information, it always comes in handy when you need it. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back