What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been up to? 2022 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrier bag of photos, lol you are old school. I've not seen bags of photos for years. I hope you find the ones you're looking for. I love looking back at old pictures but haven't done it for a while. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun down memory lane.

What does she need the pics for?
A lot of the photos were when my eldest children were young, before the digital age, remember when you had to take a roll of film to the chemist and have them developed.

One of Kelly's walls is just for family photos and she wants the photo of my brother so she can add it to the others, she has a space that's she's left for it. The trouble is after looking through them I'm missing some that I know I had because they are the ones that came to me after my Dad had died, I can remember which ones they were.

I will have to do a bit more digging. :(

Absolutely, sometimes you'd get a little tub that the film would sit in so you could transport it without damaging the reel.

Did you manage to find the photos you were looking for?

I'd love it if they could bring something out that would download the image that you have in your brain. I think they call it a sketch artist. 🤣 But you know what I mean. 😁

I'm job juggling at the minute.

Yes I know what you mean. 😂 I haven't found the missing photos but I've not been looking yet.

Lol! Okie Dokie, hopefully, you'll find them or come across others you had forgotten about.

Still juggling jobs at the minute, but at least it's Friday! Whoop, whoop.

I always know when it's Friday, my Tesco shopping arrives and I have to stay up till midnight so I can book my delivery slot.

I'm booked every Friday till the end of the month. 😂

I'm glad you're still sorted with the shopping, although I really think they need to sort out the midnight booking system.

We're all about the Spanish revision at the minute! I'm doing really well at it. 🤣

Yes after booking last night I have all Fridays to the first one in June. It's not too bad staying up, it doesn't take that long to book my slot and add a few things to the basket to make sure it's logged.

You've booked Tesco slots so you know what the system for booking looks like. I'm not prepared to take a risk of not booking until the Saturday morning and finding the slot I want has been taken by someone else overnight.

What I do object to is the way they have put 6 am as the time you have to be up to get a slot on public holidays.

6fcci2.jpg

A Guy

It's alright for you to laugh Bill, at least you can get out and do your shopping. 😂

The worst part is that as soon as the time switches over the slots are already booked. I've seen that several times, it's so annoying. :grrr:

What I do object to is the way they have put 6 am as the time you have to be up to get a slot on public holidays.

Really! Somebody should sort that out. I'm sure John used to get some priority slots, but I'm not sure if we had to pay for that or not.

I have a delivery saver plan, any day any time, I can get Priority Slots but they are usually over a few hours either morning or afternoon etc. One of the reasons I stay up is so I can click on the 1 hour slot times that way I can get a time that's convenient to me, I always have 12 till 1 on a Friday.

Having a saver plan means that you get a chance of slots at holiday times earlier than others, it used to be midnight on a certain date but then they changed it to 6 am on a certain date. I think it's about 2 weeks before everyone else can book.

I usually don't settle down to sleep until between midnight and 1 am, I'll get maybe an hour or two wake up go to the loo back to bed and hopefully manage to sleep for a few more hours. If I managed to wake up again about 6 there's no way I could be out of bed and start my laptop up, log into Tesco and try to get a slot, I'd guarantee they'd all be booked. 😂

Lol! Fair enough, you've got the system down to a T. I wouldn't be out of bed at 6 either. I couldn't turn the thing on at that time, let alone start booking shopping! 🤣

🤣 I know what you mean, the first place I need when I wake up is the loo never mind trying to get a shopping slot.

Just left you for a bit, my new Kindle has just arrived and I've been setting it up, sorry, I'm going to go and finish sorting it out be back later. 😘

You are such a let down. 🤣

I finished setting my Kindle up, I would have liked to have an iPad but they'd probably be out of my price range. I have a couple of 7" Fire Kindles but this time I got the 10" one, I like it but of course I've not explored all its features yet.

I got one with 64GB of storage, I got a case with it but didn't bother to get a keyboard, if I think I need one a bit later I'll get one but I don't think I will.

I know Alexa works on it as I tried it out and asked what the weather was like, she told me and got it right. 😂

Well, as long as Alexa is working on her, that's a start. I loved my original kindle, but I don't use it much anymore. I generally read a book or my phone, but only if I have the time.

Have you been through the features yet?

I haven't tried out the features yet Angie, I was just reading a book on it last night before settling down.

I have a Kindle eReader, well it was Johns, I also have two 7" Kindle Fires both a few years old now, I was having problems with the latest of them and decided to get myself a new one a bit bigger which is why I got the 10".

I have my library books to read as well but if there are some that I don't really want to read I'll pick one to read on the Kindle.
John used to bring me a mug of coffee every morning before I got up, now I have to make my own but I take it back to bed and read while drinking it. I'm set up for the day then. 😂

I'm sure you'll find lots of fun things on it when you get a minute. Although I must admit, other than reading on it, I've never really looked to see what one can do.

The larger screen will be much better for you, so I'm sure you're enjoying that. Do you hold it in your hands, or do you have something to rest it on?

I have one of those Pill o Pads to use. I can use that to read actual books but also for my Kindle, I have it resting on my knees when I'm in bed. It works really well and means I have my hands free, one to hold my coffee mug and the other for turning pages.
It's kept in the bedroom, I have a cover on the new one and that allows it to be propped up when I bring it out of the bedroom

Yeah, Han has the same one. They're a great little bit of kit and definitely give you the handsfree option. Comfy too. They're a good height option, as they give you an excellent angle to read or see things at.

We didn't know about them until last year when someone mentioned one to me, so then I bought Han one. that's why I thought I'd mention it because I know you do a lot of reading. Should have known you'd be ahead of the game. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back