What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been up to? 2022 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved it, mind you we've been told on numerous occasions that she has a wonderful sense of humour and after her James Bond appearance at the London Olympics, I can see that it would be something she'd want to do. 😂

I'll definitely have to watch that it looks brilliant and funny. I want to watch the new Jurassic movie as well, in fact there are a few films and shows I want to see it's just finding the time as I still have a few TV programs in my planner that I've downloaded waiting to be watched.

What happened to that fallacy about all those free hours I'd have when I retired. :scream: :eyeroll:

I have to admit, the new Top Gun movie looks great!
A Guy

I love Top Gun, especially the original, so I can't wait to see what the new one is like! I didn't realise the Minions/Gru was out soon, so I shall look forward to that too.

We watched Unchartered recently, which was good. There will be a second one judging by the teaser at the end. It was weird seeing Tom Holland not put his Spidy suit on, though. 🤣

You enjoy your busy retirement Joan, it keeps you on your toes. 😍

Thank you Angie, I think I'm busier than I was when working although the last couple of weeks I've been a bit down and feeling very lethargic. I think it's this waiting for a place in Tenby so I can start to see people again and have someone to talk to.
I'm just feeling sorry for myself. :(

Aww, bless you. 😘 I don't like you feeling down. I know it's no fun when you have no control over things, especially with the move and wanting to start a new chapter. All you can do is focus all your attention on being busy and passing the time with fun things that you like doing. Films, Books, Forums 😉. See what I did there. 😁

Everything will fall into place when it's supposed to. You just have to keep yourself occupied until it gets sorted, and it will.

Best things come to those who wait, and I couldn't think of anyone who deserves the move more than you do. So chin up, keep busy and plod on. Each day is one day closer to your goal.

Happy I Love You GIF by Life of a Potato

Thanks Angie, that's cheered me up. Nothing on the list this week but, fingers crossed, I'm hoping it happens in the summer as I don't fancy having to move in the winter. :eyeroll:

Oh good! 🤗

All you can do is keep looking and keep bidding. As they say, for the lottery, you have to be in it to win it, so you're in with a very good chance. I know you said the area you want to go to is near Kelly's but do you know the area? The only reason I ask is that you could start looking at what things they have in the area like services or so forth, which may be helpful to you when you move and they may get you excited about all the things that you have to look forward to. 😍

I don't fancy having to move in the winter. :eyeroll:

Famous last words those, I remember saying when we first moved that I wasn't going to move two days before school started and guess what? We moved two days before school started.

I don't think any time is ideal to move, although the only thing I hope for when we do it is that it doesn't rain. To be honest, I don't think you'll care. You'll just be happy that you're on to a new chapter and that you'll be getting lots of visitors.

Oh, I know the area very well. It was a holiday in Tenby in 1986 that John decided we were going to move down to Wales. I used to go into the town every week when I could get about, the Handicraft shop was there that I used to do the model cross-stitching for. :)

No, I'm afraid it's been shut down for years, it was run by a couple and Margaret, the wife, did all the designing while Clive her husband took the photographs of the finished cross-stitching piece which became part of the package of the kit which they sold in the shop.
Margaret died and Clive sold the business, but it didn't last long before closing down. :(

Aww, that's a shame it's not there anymore, but at least you're part of the history of the town seeing as your works were displayed in there.

Thanks Angie, there is one of my pieces hanging in the monastery on Caldey Island. Because one of the kits the shop did was of the monastery the monks saw it and wanted one.

I must have done the one of Tenby Castle Beach about 6 or more times, it was a very popular kit some people would buy it then decide they weren't capable of stitching it so I had to stitch it for them and because they had one in the window of the shop for display it would fade over time because of the sun hitting the window so I had to stitch another to go on display.

Of course the shop didn't just sell cross-stitch items they sold yarn as well and patterns, plus all the items you think of for haberdashery, cotton, zips, buttons etc.

Thanks Angie, there is one of my pieces hanging in the monastery on Caldey Island. Because one of the kits the shop did was of the monastery the monks saw it and wanted one.

You must be so proud of that? Do you still do cross-stitching or just stick with the knitting now?

I can't do cross stitching anymore, my hands cramp up when I try to hold the needle and I've not done any knitting for ages even though I'm halfway through a jumper, I just don't seem to be able to find the time it will take me away from the forums. 😂

You and the blind man. 😁

I can't do cross stitching anymore, my hands cramp up when I try to hold the needle and I've not done any knitting for ages even though I'm halfway through a jumper, I just don't seem to be able to find the time it will take me away from the forums. 😂

What's the jumper of? Is it one of your spectacular Christmas ones?

No, it's actually a waistcoat, gilet, or sleeveless cardigan whatever you want to call it for myself. It has a cable pattern on it, hopefully it will get finished at some point. :eyeroll: 😂

Is that like the chunky knit pattern they sometimes have on a cricket jumper? Is cream the colour you have done for your... I'll go with sleeveless cardi?

I must show you the picture of Han's 'Gilet' she made for her art project. It's like a gardening one with lots of patterns and padding.

I think I class gilets as padded, waistcoats as material and yours as a sleeveless cardi because it's made of wool. That's my classification anyway but you call it what you want, I get your drift. 😂

It can even be called a vest, but quite often if you search for a vest in knitting circles it will show tank tops. :eyeroll: Yes, a cable pattern is like you get on cricket jumpers. The one I'm knitting is green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back