What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been up to? 2022 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, we're cracking on with the revision, Youtube has come in very handy for a few videos to help us out, and we're back on the flashcards, exam papers and computerised systems that Han uses to ask her random questions. She's having a day off today to re-charge the batteries, which means hopefully I'll be able to get a few bits and bobs of my own done today.

Aww, bless Caia. I do hope she remains immune to it. But a weight will definitely be lifted off Kelly once she has her injection. It's no fun, but as you say, it's the best option going forward.

Honestly, I can't wait for the day when all this Covid crap is a thing of the past.

I get my second booster Saturday...I'll get them whenever they are offered :wink:

A Guy

Good luck with your booster Bill.

The thing is Angie will we ever be over it or is it going to be ongoing like the flu with different strains each year.

It is now considered Endemic. No doubt a combined Flu/Covid shot each year at least

A Guy

I know, it's our way of life now. My thought is I'd like to talk less about it and just get on with things. Now we're all jabbed, we can hopefully get on with some kind of normality, whatever that may be. At least we can now get out and about a little more.

No studying today, whoop, whoop! Han's been working on her jacket for her Art project. she's done really well from the pictures she's shown me.

I've been creative too, I'll show you what I've made when I get the chance to pull the piccies off my phone.

Last edited:
I look forward to the photos Angie. I've been on the phone today and got my phone bill down, I didn't realise the contract was up for renewal and they'd put the price up. After talking to a nice young man he sorted it out for me and I will now only pay a few pence more than I was before.

Kelly's lot are now on their fortnight Easter holiday so she'll have her hands full, I don't envy her. 😂

That's what we like to see, you getting your bills down. 😁

Crikey, are they only just on the Easter break? We're a week in already. I know some of the schools do it differently and send the kids back a week after Easter. I've just realised as well that I hadn't even thought of getting Han an Egg. 🙈 She has had one in the cupboard for a while, but it didn't even dawn on me that's what she should be getting. I've been going through Mini eggs like they're going out of fashion, so they're just the norm now.

I'll put the pics on when I have chance to take them off my phone. Unfortunately, I haven't got time at the minute. I'm up to my neck in books! Han's finishing off her jacket today, so hopefully, I'll get to see the finished article.

Yes here in Wales we always seem to be a week later than England when it comes to the school holidays. Easter is always a week before and the week after, because the holiday is the weekend in the middle of the 2 weeks with one of the bank holidays being on the first week and the other is the second week.

I expect Kelly will have got the kids some, I don't buy them any, if she does get any they will be rationed as she is into healthy eating so they wouldn't be allowed too much chocolate.

I don't envy you with regards all those books, I'm just glad I didn't ever have to go through the home schooling that they've just had to go through.

Lol! I don't either. We do swap and change, so that's helpful as we don't get bored of the same subjects, and we seem to have found a system that works. It's not as bad as homeschooling because we only do so many subjects depending on what we have planned for the day. To be honest, I don't mind if it means she gets fabulous results!

Well, that sounds like good news and if you are both enjoying it she'll probably retain the information better. At least you don't sound like a really pushy parent who demands excellence all the time and expects top results every time as well. You sound like the kind of parent that encourages her child to work to the best of their ability but doesn't go over the top.
I'm sure she will do well and do you proud. 😘

I'm having my eye test in the morning, she'll be here between 10.30 and 11.30, I know it's late as it should have been last October but better late than never.

Well so much for the eye test, she phoned me up this morning to tell me she's had a positive Covid test this morning and so would have to get back to me when she's out of isolation and had a couple of days negative test results. :eyeroll:

This is just a quick visit till later, got the rubbish to sort out ready for collection first thing in the morning. :)

Well, that sounds like good news and if you are both enjoying it she'll probably retain the information better. At least you don't sound like a really pushy parent who demands excellence all the time and expects top results every time as well. You sound like the kind of parent that encourages her child to work to the best of their ability but doesn't go over the top.
I'm sure she will do well and do you proud. 😘

I'm having my eye test in the morning, she'll be here between 10.30 and 11.30, I know it's late as it should have been last October but better late than never.

Thank you. We do try out best, and we see what works. At the end of the day, there is only so much information that she will retain anyway. We're looking at Stoichiometry at the minute! I can just about pronounce it, but now we're on to Googling it!
I seem to be getting better, too. I can now answer some of the questions on the flashcards. 🤣

Oh no! I hope she's okay, but at least she found out before seeing you. Enjoy the rubbish sorting. 😁

Well I can't pronounce it and it goes right over my head, I haven't a clue what it's all about. I think I've said before my education was very basic and I don't remember doing chemistry or algebra or any of those other fancy lessons. I know we had History, Geography, the 3 R's, Art, Home Economics. Sport was Netball in the school playground, in winter it was hockey and in summer it was tennis plus gymnastics, which were ropes, pummel horse and the beam. We started to have swimming lessons when we were 11 but I think it was only for 1 term.

Maths was very basic, I know we did percentages and mental arithmetic because after the lessons the maths teacher had us all lined up around the room and fired questions at us, if you got it right you could go but if you got it wrong you had to go to the back of the queue till you got one right. :)

I had no concentration for math. I know I did algebra as part A and Part B (slow lane, lol), and then did Geometry. I sometimes wish I had applied myself more in high school, but it was just too much a social situation and there was this cloud of smoke often...

I visited my Mom today. She's doing pretty well, has a stress fracture in her hip they say just needs 6 weeks or so to get better. She has Osteoporosis as well as Arthritis and Fibromyalgia so she's achy breaky :(

But all in all, for 87 she's still cruising along. I washed all her windows inside and out, so I'm now also achy breaky :D

A Guy

@Joan Yeah, I remember you saying about the 3Rs. We were taught that at primary school. We also had to stand up and do times tables while they shouted a sum at us, and we had to get it right. I think as the years have gone on, they've expanded the subjects. We did trigonometry, algebra, statistics and languages etc., at High School along with the other regular subjects, and then you had art, sewing, woodwork, and cooking. We did netball and gymnastics too, which I loved.

@A Guy, I get what you mean about maths. I actually did well in my exam, but I always remember learning the angle of elevation in class and wondering when on earth in life I would actually need that sum. I still wonder. 🤔 I don't think I've ever footed a ladder and worked out the angle when someone was actually standing on it. 🤣

Aww, bless your Mum. I hope she strengthens up soon and feels much better soon. That was very thoughtful of you to do her windows. 😍 Did you use good old fashioned elbow grease, or did you use one of these?

As for studying, I'm back on my dodgy Spanish pronunciations, but we're muddling through. Unfortunately, I keep going into French mode again, so Han keeps telling me off. 😂

I'm glad to hear your Mum is doing OK Bill, I have Osteoporosis as well and fragile bones so I'm with her in the achy breaky club.

I've got one of those Karcher window vacs and they are good, I hope if you did it the old-fashioned way you got right into the corners. 🤣

I love the thought of you going into French mode while doing Spanish, fancy the pupil telling the teacher off. 🤣

No fancy, schmancy machines here,,,just me :)

So, you say you surrender and revert to French? 👿

A Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back