What's new

How to make easy Minnie Mouse Cupcake Toppers (1 Viewer)

We're back with the easy toppers, and these ones are no different. All you'll need are a few key ingredients and a batch of cupcakes.

The Minnie Mouse Cupcake Toppers are quick and easy to make, and I have varied the styles slightly depending on how you want to decorate them.

There are a few different ways to present them, and even if you don't have all the tools, I can show you an alternative way to get the same results. Either way, you'll delight your family and friends.

1 Easy Minnie Mouse Cupcake Toppers by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

What you'll need:​

• A batch of Cupcakes - (Homemade or Bought) (Use Red cupcake cases for the base as this adds to the overall effect).
  • Buttercream - (Homemade or Bought)
  • Mini Oreo Biscuits
  • Red Icing/Fondant
  • White Pearls/White Icing/White Edible Paint - (Optional)
  • Piping Bag
  • 1M Nozzle or Nozzle of your Choice
  • 2 Soft Small Paintbrushes
  • Icing Sugar for Dusting
  • Knife/Dresden Tool

I made these toppers using cupcake dummies, so in order to be able to pipe the buttercream in the centre of the dummy, I had to place sellotape in the centre. (You do not need to do this unless you are practising with dummies, so please ignore this step. I do this to stop the buttercream from dropping down the hole).

Cupcake Dummies (Medium).jpg

Start by piping a small blob in the centre of the cupcake. This is done so that you have something to pipe around and will keep the buttercream up when piped.

Cupcake Dummy Minnie Mouse (Medium).jpg

Then pipe around the outer edge in a circular motion and upwards. (Here's a quick vid on how to Pipe)

Easy Minnie Cupcake Toppers by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Then push two small Oreos in the buttercream to make ears.

Easy Minnie Mopuse Cupcake Toppers by Help Me Bake 2 (Medium).jpg

Now for the Ribbons.​

I use a Ribbon Mould to get the perfect shape, but if you don't have one, you can make your own. I will show you how to do both.

Ribbon Mould: This is the Ribbon mould I use.

Ribbon Mould (Medium).jpg

Roll a small piece of Red Icing/Fondant - If your Icing is a little soft, you may need some Tylo powder to dry/toughen it up.

Renshaw Poppy Red Icing (Medium).jpg

Put a little icing sugar onto your paintbrush. (You can use cornflour/cornstarch if you prefer).

Dusting with Icing Sugar by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Dust the mould with it. If you don't, the icing may stick in the mould.

Dusting a mould with icing sugar by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Then place a small amount of red icing in the mould. Squish it into shape and remove any excess.

Using a ribbon mould by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

You should then be able to peel the mould away from the icing.

Using a Ribbon Mould by Help Me Bake 2 (Medium).jpg

Once the ribbon is out, you can lightly soften it and remove any icing sugar with a clean paintbrush.

Red Ribbon by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Here's how to make a Small Bow/Ribbon or Bow Tie:​

Roll five small balls of red icing. (You will only need 2 Larger and 1 Medium ball if you are making a Bow Tie).
  • 2 Larger
  • 1 Medium
  • 2 Smaller
How to make a small bow or bow tie by help me bake (Medium).jpg

Flatten one of the larger balls between your thumb and forefinger.

How to make a small bow or bow tie by Help Me Bake 2 (Medium).jpg

Then turn it over and shape the edges with your other thumb and forefinger.

How to make a small bow or bow tie by Help Me Bake 3 (Medium).jpg

Do this with both of the larger red balls.

How to make a small bow or bow tie by Help Me Bake 4 (Medium).jpg

Indent lines into the bow pieces with a knife or dresden tool if you have one.

How to make a small bow or bow tie by Help Me Bake 5 (Medium).jpg

To stick the pieces together, roll the medium red ball and place it on top of where the bow points meet. Squish the bow into place.

How to make a small bow or bow tie by Help Me Bake 6 (Medium).jpg

Now take the smaller balls and roll them between your fingers into tiny carrot shapes.

How to make a small bow or bow tie by Help Me Bake 7 (Medium).jpg

Stick them to the top of the bow using water, the warmth from your hands or with a little edible glue.

How to make a small bow or bow tie by Help Me Bake 8 (Medium).jpg

And there you have it, your own ready-made bow.

Tip - If you would like to add white spots to it, either roll small pieces of white icing fondant and stick them to it or use a small paintbrush or dot tool and dab dots on with edible paint that way.

Once the bows are made, add them to your buttercream. I have placed some at the side and some in the middle so you can decide which effect you are going for. My daughter told me for a more authentic look, place the bow in the middle of the ears.

You can also pipe flat rather than swirling up, so you don't use as much buttercream.

This Minnie Cupcake has a ribbon to the side with no dots or cupcake case.

Easy Minnie Mouse Cupcake Toppers by Help Me Bake (1) (Medium).jpg

This one does have dots, I placed white pearls in the mould before the icing fondant to help get the dotty effect.

Easy Minnie Mouse Cupcake Toppers by Help Me Bake (2) (Medium).jpg

This left one is piped flatly, and the one on the right is swirled and has a dotty bow.

Easy Minnie Mouse Cupcake Toppers by Help Me Bake (3) (Medium).jpg

These are varied spotty bows, flat bows, side bows, and then I did one bow tie.

Easy Minnie Mouse Cupcake Toppers by Help Me Bake 9 (Medium).jpg

This is the final spotty bow placed in the middle of the ears.

How to make Minnie Mouse Cupcake Topers by Help Me Bake 10 (Medium).jpg

As you can see, you can present them in a variety of different ways, with or without a spotty/polka dot bow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back