What's new

Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (1 Viewer)

If you have friends coming over and you'd like to give them a little sweet treat, then why not give them some of these chocolate chip cookies! Filled with dark choc chips, a hint of vanilla, warm caramel undertones and a slightly crisp yet doughy like texture, what's not to love about them? They're really easy to make, and both the kids and grown-ups will adore them! So what are you waiting for? Get baking! 👩‍🍳

Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and Guide​

Easy Choc Chip Cookies Recipe by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Ingredients​

• 175 Grams Plain Flour
  • 125 Grams Soft Margarine
  • 85 Grams Light Muscovado Sugar
  • 5 Tbsps Caster Sugar
  • 1 Tsp Baking Powder
  • ¼ Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 100 Grams Dark Chocolate Chips
Note: These cookies spread in the oven, so please leave enough space between each one.​

Method​

1 Preheat the oven to one of the following:
  • 190°C - Fan Assisted
  • 200°C - 210°C Conventional Oven
  • 375F
  • Gas Mark 5

2 Weigh out all the ingredients and place them into a mixing bowl. (I sifted my flour into the bowl, but you don't have to).

3 Using a spatula, lightly mix the ingredients together, then beat with an electric whisk on a medium speed until it starts to combine. It will go very dry and crumb-like first before softening and becoming sticky.

4 Line two baking trays with baking paper.

5 There are now two ways of making your cookies, depending on how big and thick you want them. (I got six to a sheet).
  • i) Using a pair of food gloves, take small scoops of the mixture into your hands, roll them into a ball and space them out on a baking sheet.
Hand Rolled Cookie Dough by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
  • ii) If you want them bigger, use an ice cream scoop, but they will take longer to bake.
Ice Cream Scoop Cookie Dough by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

6 Baking time will depend on which size cookie you want.
  • i) For the hand-scooped cookies, bake them for approximately 12 minutes on the middle shelf or until they turn golden brown.
  • ii) If you made the ice-cream scoop sized cookies, then bake them for approximately 14-16 minutes on the middle shelf or again until they turn golden brown; they are much thicker than the other cookies, so they need the extra few minutes. (I baked mine for 15 minutes 30 seconds).
Note: The cookies should still be a little soft when removed from the oven and will continue to bake for a few minutes after they are placed on the wire rack, so please take this into account when baking and getting the correct consistency.​

7 Once baked, slide the baking parchment and cookies onto a wire rack to cool fully and firm up. This will make cleaning and cooling much easier as you can remove the cookies with a palette knife once set.

Hand Rolled Cookies by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
These are the hand-rolled cookies.​

Ice Cream Scoop Cookies by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
These are the larger and thicker ice cream scooped cookies.​

8 Eat straight away or store in an airtight container or ziplock bag.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back