What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too hot to do anything today. forecast is for 97 degrees (36.1 c) with a uv index of 11.
going to stay inside and annoy the cat.

Alice almost got beaned by her Mother :lmao: . I told her today was the anniversary of Apollo 11's
1st Moonwalk. She replied "wasn't that like a century ago"
Donna was 12 and I was 11.

Last edited:
Yes! School is finally out, and we made it out alive! Whoop whoop.

@Joan so have you received the service link for the funeral? I was going to ask how on earth you plan a funeral in light of the pandemic. Is anybody allowed to attend, or do they do it all remotely? It is good though that even if you cannot be there, you can be there remotely if you know what I mean. 😘

@thomaseg1, Han enjoyed the lessons because even though they couldn't speak to the teachers, they could participate along with their friends. They typed in answers, and the teacher would give a few shout outs to the students, which was fab. I just wish there could have been more of them.

As for the cooking, everyone in my house makes a mess of the kitchen so I banish them from it as often as I can. They can feed themselves, but they never wipe the sides afterwards, which drives me bonkers. In fairness, though they have been getting the shopping and wiping it down early morning and then wiping the sides down, however, they don't dry it, so it leaves streak marks. 😆 I think they do it on purpose so I don't make them do it more often. 🤣

As for the moon landing I've only ever seen it on the TV, I wasn't thought about then, but it must have been amazing to watch. I'm with you though @A Guy I think it's still made of cheese. 😁

Apparently it's a special media company that have cameras at the crematorium and send a live stream out. They are called Wesleymedia.co.uk

You are sent a link with an ID and Password and it can be watched on phones, tablets and computers. I have no idea how many can attend but there aren't many left.

She was the last of eight and as far as we know there are only John and his brother plus the children and their Dads brother, who is in his 80s.

We can't travel there and I doubt if Kevin's twins will be able to. One works in computers for the military and the other is connected with computers for Cambridge University.

I specifically remember laying in the back yard, looking at the Moon, and thinking "There are people up there right now"...

Honestly, even more amazing now with all the technology we have, that we didn't have then

A Guy

Had a bright spark to my day
Went to the supermarket and there was a young woman in a wheelchair
trying to get through the doors. I asked her if I could help and she said no
so I went in the other door and was stopped by a lady who asked why I
wasn't helping her. I told her I ask but she didn't want my help.
"Well you should help her anyway" (Didn't think to ask why the woman
didn't help) . I replied that the girl was trying to be independent and not rely
on others. The Girl made it inside and overheard. She rolled up to me
and said thankyou for not helping and I was trying to do it on my own.
I said I been in a wheelchair so I know how it is.
The Woman just walked away looking indignant . :)

I don't know what made me happier
The Thank you or the look on the woman's face.

Aww that's really nice, especially respecting the girl's wishes. You were right on both counts, one to ask her and to leave her to it. That might have been her mission of the day and thanks to you she achieved it. :thumbsup:

Apparently it's a special media company that have cameras at the crematorium and send a live stream out. They are called Wesleymedia.co.uk

You are sent a link with an ID and Password and it can be watched on phones, tablets and computers. I have no idea how many can attend but there aren't many left.

She was the last of eight and as far as we know there are only John and his brother plus the children and their Dads brother, who is in his 80s.

We can't travel there and I doubt if Kevin's twins will be able to. One works in computers for the military and the other is connected with computers for Cambridge University.

That's fab, mainly because I think more people may take the time to attend even if they cannot be there physically. When is the funeral?

Nothing exciting to report today, no moon or cheese, no school work, no shop visits! I have a bit of time to myself for a minute, however, no doubt it will get filled up with Mum this and Mum that very shortly. :D

The funeral was this morning at 10.40 am. Not entirely happy about it, had a couple of buffering times and then towards the end it stopped and went back to the welcome screen, I phoned them up and he checked and yes they'd lost the link. The funeral parlour would be sending the recording over to them tonight and we'd be able to watch it again from tomorrow morning. I hope the sound is a bit different as even though the music was OK the priest talking was very hard to hear even though he was talking into a microphone it was very low and echoey and difficult to properly understand.

John's brother and his wife were there plus the twins, the other person there we can only assume was their Uncle Harold, we only saw the back of him but he was old and grey haired walking with a cane, we know he's in his eighties.

Wow! That's not good at all. The problem that you also have is that this must be a new thing for Priests to get to grips with too so hopefully if the quality is not suitable for you then they might look at all the problems with the tech company and the service afterwards and learn from it. Unfortunately, I agree with Bill, it's extraordinary times that we're living in, and we're all just trying to wing it.

I am sorry that it didn't turn out great, but at least some people managed to get to be with her on her send-off, and you managed to watch a little. Big hugs to you all. 😘

Here it's raining again, I'm currently perusing the internet for household items while I wait for the car to be serviced and not much else to report. I'm trying to get into some kind of work mode still but I as soon as I step foot near to the office I'm called off to do something else again.

John watched the recording today after coming back from the doctors, he watched it on my laptop using my headphones and he could hear it better although the priest was still a bit of a mumbler.

He said he wished it had happened yesterday he would have had time to get over it better.

Kelly was very upset as there was no mention of the piece that she had written because she couldn't be there, there was a very long piece read out though that had a lot of stuff that didn't really need to be in there, his brother had submitted that.

Oh wow, these things never go to plan and even worse when done remotely. It's a shame that Kelly's piece didn't get read out. Do they have some kind of order that they follow concerning readings and such or did they just run out of time perhaps? It is a shame but at least she took the time to write kind words even though they weren't aired, it's no consolation but it's the sentiment that counts.

I hope you guys are doing okay though in spite of all the hiccups. This is just another tale in the life of Joan, I don't think anything is supposed to go swimmingly otherwise we would have no stories to tell. Anyway, more big hugs sending your way. 😘

So what else have you guys been up to?

@thomaseg1, you must have been out on your travels or whipped up something in the kitchen?

@A Guy, how have you been keeping?

We bought some facemasks the other day online and when John tried to use one we discovered that there wasn't enough material to cover his face. 🤣 He's now decided to order a ski type one that covers your mouth and nose but I'm not sure how the farm shop people will take him as they might think he's trying to rob the joint. 🙈 Do they not make masks in bigger sizes? 🤔

You should talk to him about shrinking his ego, (swelled head) 🤣 . Most are one-size-fits-all type.
There are a few under-chin types that will work but they get hot.
1596014574311.png
1596014675658.png

Haven't doing much the , humidity , thunderstorms have set my arthritis going.
Been so grumpy and sore even my cat is avoiding me.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back