What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4agnzr.jpg

A Guy

Tesco obviously had a computer glitch today. I got a phone call from the store that does my deliveries telling me they had my order but no delivery slot assigned to it, they had to sort out finding a space to fit it in. 🙄

They will deliver it about 3.30 pm, I told them it did have a slot which was my usual one of 12 to 1 pm, I have the same slot every week, all the confirmation emails I have after making any changes tells me it will be delivered today between 12 noon and 1 pm.

Don't you just love computers?😂

Every time I log in here I am confronted with chocolate cake! :D

Did you get your vittles Joan?

A Guy
Yes thank you Bill I did. I still have no idea how come they said they didn't have a delivery slot as even the invoice that came with my shopping had it showing.

I had to phone them though as they'd sent me a product that should have had a shelf life of 1+ weeks and it was only dated till Wednesday which means I'll have to throw half of them away.

Another mystery was that on the invoice they said they couldn't use the coupon/voucher I wanted to redeem for £68 but I hadn't even requested any. 🙄

Alice didn't want a cake for her birthday today. So I made her a chocolate pudding pie with
whipped cream.
You know I can't even remember my 22 birthday.

I'm odd! Lol! 🤣 😂

@Joan I think you should pursue the £68 voucher, :D if it's on your sheet then surely there is a record of it somewhere. Usually, the dates we have on items are good, but I have had a few things sent that were dated the delivery date, so we've had to bin them. To be honest, though I'm thankful that I'm getting shopping so I can put up with the odd glitch now and again.

We had to shop for Han's uniforms the other day, and it's the first time I've been to a shop and had to wear a mask for a long time. Han's great with them but I can't breathe in them. I don't know what it is about covering my nose and mouth, but my brain doesn't like it. I had the same nightmare when I went snorkelling and had to stick my face in the water. 😂

I'm odd! Lol! 🤣 😂

@Joan I think you should pursue the £68 voucher, :D if it's on your sheet then surely there is a record of it somewhere. Usually, the dates we have on items are good, but I have had a few things sent that were dated the delivery date, so we've had to bin them. To be honest, though I'm thankful that I'm getting shopping so I can put up with the odd glitch now and again.

We had to shop for Han's uniforms the other day, and it's the first time I've been to a shop and had to wear a mask for a long time. Han's great with them but I can't breathe in them. I don't know what it is about covering my nose and mouth, but my brain doesn't like it. I had the same nightmare when I went snorkelling and had to stick my face in the water. 😂
Oh, it will be on my Clubcard, I think I've got nearly £100 in vouchers that I accumulate via my shopping points. I use them to pay for my Delivery Saver plan and the odd occasion when I spend more than I should so use them to take money off my shopping.

The majority of the time the dates are fine and often ones that are a bit short don't matter because the item goes straight in the freezer. I had a couple that the invoice told me about and they were acceptable but this was my pack of Actimel and they are only dated till Tuesday so I'll have to throw half the pack away and they cost nearly £3. I even have notes on the shopping for things to always pick the longest date etc. but the drivers have told me that quite often the pickers are too busy chatting away to their colleagues and not really watching what they're doing.

I've had no need to wear a mask yet, probably will have to when Michelle comes to cut my hair, we didn't have to when our podiatrist came last week to cut our toenails, he was wearing one, we did ask but he said we didn't need to.

I've a feeling I might struggle when I do have to wear one.

My only issue is the mask is itchy with my beard, and it gets warm breathing your own breath. I haven't had to wear one for more than an hour, but that's why I got the Under Armor one...it's designed to work out in

A Guy

@Joan £100 in vouchers! Blimey, how much shopping do you get! 😂

We always opt for items with extended dates, sometimes they're perfect, and you think I want that picker sorting out my shopping again, but sometimes you get rubbish ones. Overall though they're pretty good.

@A Guy, the Under Armor one, looks fab, I wear a much lighter one that, I think I was in the shop for about 30 mins, but as soon as I got outside I took it off. After experiencing that, I now know that I won't be venturing back into a shop anytime soon unless I really have to as I feel so closed in.

@Joan £100 in vouchers! Blimey, how much shopping do you get! 😂
Oh! they go back over a long period of time collecting as I very rarely use them. 😂

I never use them to pay towards the days out or meals etc: they offer, I probably lose some of them because they've gone out of date.

All I save for is my delivery saver plan, I have the year long any day plan which is £72 I think, at present all I need is £24 in vouchers to pay for it as they do the triple up offer, so in fact my delivery plan doesn't cost me anything and saves me about £300 a year in costs. I've just done a check, now they have made all slots the one price I will save £234 for the year and that's not to be sniffed at when you're a pensioner.

Also if they stop doing the triple or double up offers they do I will still have enough to pay for my plan using vouchers.

A food related question.
Do you eat potato peels?
As in a baked potato.
I do or I throw them them a pan of oil and have them as crisps later.

Yes, I also make my own chips and don't peel the potatoes, just give them a good scrub and then dry them before double frying them.

Well John had his last visit to the surgery today. His appointment was for 9.45 am and when he got home he didn't have a dressing on his arm or a plaster on his big toe and he said they were happy with everything and they didn't need to see him again.

He has a line of scars from the original scratch on his wrist to just before the crease of his elbow with the last one still showing a dip with a scab on top but apparently there is no infection left and once the scab falls of that's it. When that ginger cat scratched him back in February we never thought it would cause so much trouble or take so long to heal but thank goodness he's got there.

Hopefully his blood sugars and pressure will get back to normal now he no longer has to go backwards and forwards to the surgery and be messed about with. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back