What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done you! Small steps, big changes. 😊 I hope the unaided walking continues for you.

Mine is easier if it's short as it doesn't take as long to dry and style, well I just wash it and wrap a towel around it for some time then give it a quick rub flick through with the comb and that's it, leave it to dry on its own then. :)

You're so lucky to have hair like that; my friend does too, she can jump out of the shower and look flawless whether her hair is wet or dry. I just look like I've been electrocuted. 🤣

At least I don't have to go out to collect our mail. The postman comes up the drive and as the first door they come to is the kitchen door that has the letterbox in it but as the door is open more than closed they usually just put it on the work surface inside the door.

It wouldn't make any difference whether I used my cane or not I still can only go from one room to another and struggle to breathe.

Glad you're feeling good Thomas, hope you keep on feeling good. :)

You're so lucky to have hair like that; my friend does too, she can jump out of the shower and look flawless whether her hair is wet or dry. I just look like I've been electrocuted. 🤣
I don't know about that, I will admit it's better shorter as because it is fine when it's first washed and is dry it's so flyaway when it's a bit longer but doesn't matter so much when short.

Young Caia has fine hair like me, Kelly has hair like John very thick and she's always complaining about it. Funny how we're never happy with whichever way it is. 🤣

Hair in my family is very thick, though most of my red has gone to white (the avatar is an old
self portrait)
The amazing thing about arthritis is most folks actually think its about the stiffness and pain.
I can deal with both, its the constant general soreness whether your moving or not
that gets me.

I don't know about that, I will admit it's better shorter as because it is fine when it's first washed and is dry it's so flyaway when it's a bit longer but doesn't matter so much when short.

Young Caia has fine hair like me, Kelly has hair like John very thick and she's always complaining about it. Funny how we're never happy with whichever way it is. 🤣

That's so true, mine's thick and curly, Han's is fab because she can have it both curly and straight without any hassle.

Hair in my family is very thick, though most of my red has gone to white (the avatar is an old
self portrait)
The amazing thing about arthritis is most folks actually think its about the stiffness and pain.
I can deal with both, its the constant general soreness whether your moving or not
that gets me.

My granddad was a redhead and kept it for most of his life, he went a little white around the edges but always seemed to keep the colour.

Hope your arthritis eases for you and you're managing to do more unaided walking. 😊

We've been decorating again today, I've also put the bin out early before the howling winds and the storm starts. 😵

It's been blowing a gale here today and just before John had to go out and get the kids to take them home from school the heavens opened.

Talk about a cloud burst it was like a waterfall coming out of the gutters it was coming down that much, we lost the Sky signal because it was blowing in that direction.

I was a nervous wreck worrying about losing the power and John having to go out in the bad weather, we're still waiting for the next-door neighbour to sort out the very tall Ash tree that's on his property but would take us out if it came down.

It's still windy but seems to have died down a bit so I'm hoping the worst is over for now, I hate to think what it will be like in March. :anguished:

Oh no! Did the power stay on and did you get your Sky back on?

Have you had a word with the neighbour about the tree?

Weather is relatively dry today, went out in rush hour traffic this morning and laughed at all the people trying to squeeze in and out of cars and those that were cheating and going down the side streets to jump a few cars ahead. It's ages since I've been in rush hour, but I do not miss it.

Yes, the power stayed on and Sky came back after the rain stopped hitting the dish. 🙄

The neighbour is trying to sort out having the tree cut down but it's the electricity board dragging their feet, because of the way it's growing in-between 2 lots of power cables and a 3rd line would be impacted as well apparently only they can take it down.

The last time they came out they just took a few branches off which were just about to touch the wires, the tree is a lot taller than the wires even after new taller electricity poles were installed so the wires were higher than they used to be.

Weather has been a bit calmer here today but we've still had a few rain squalls but at least we've had a bit of sunshine as well.

Finally had my flu job this afternoon, at last someone who said they were going to get it sorted out did what they said they would. It was the doctor who phoned me about my blood results, I've had to go back onto my thyroid medication as stopping it has sent the reading clinically high again. He said he would sort it and lunchtime a nurse phoned to tell me she would be with me in just over an hour and she was, yippee. :D

My poor victory didn't last long.
I slipped some wet leaves in the back yard and really wrenched my knee.
Well the Doc gave me some strong pain killers which pretty much laid me out.
but the swelling wouldn't go down so she put in a drain tube and strapped a bag to my ankle.

No outside work for a while , I guess

Aww bless, you were doing so well.

That's such a shame, but now you must rest recuperate and then back to small steps again. Darn, you wet leaves. :(

You'll have to find some good TV, and spend time with Tigger until Shelly comes over. 🙂

Aww bless, you were doing so well.

That's such a shame, but now you must rest recuperate and then back to small steps again. Darn, you wet leaves. :(

You'll have to find some good TV, and spend time with Tigger until Shelly comes over. 🙂

I treat I got for Christmas "The Complete Dark Shadows" all 1400+ episodes. (about 22 minutes each)
should keep me busy a while.

My poor victory didn't last long.
I slipped some wet leaves in the back yard and really wrenched my knee.
Well the Doc gave me some strong pain killers which pretty much laid me out.
but the swelling wouldn't go down so she put in a drain tube and strapped a bag to my ankle.

No outside work for a while , I guess
Ouch! that doesn't sound good, hope the swelling goes down soon and you haven't caused too much damage, take it easy and get better soon. :loveit:

I treat I got for Christmas "The Complete Dark Shadows" all 1400+ episodes. (about 22 minutes each)
should keep me busy a while.

1400+ episodes blimey I've never known anything that ran for that long. Well, at least it will keep you entertained for a while. 😊

1400+ episodes blimey I've never known anything that ran for that long. Well, at least it will keep you entertained for a while. 😊
Doctor Who has run almost as long. Dark Shadow was 60's and 70's Gothic soap opera, complete with vampires,
werewolves, lovecraft beasties , witchcraft and time travel . Something for everyone.

Doctor Who has run almost as long. Dark Shadow was 60's and 70's Gothic soap opera, complete with vampires,
werewolves, lovecraft beasties, witchcraft and time travel. Something for everyone.

It does sound like something for everyone, although after having googled the episode count for Doctor Who it's only on 851,
so yours is well ahead in the stakes. 🤣 See what I did there. 😂

I don't watch much of Doctor Who, I've seen the odd episode but it's not something I make a point of seeing.

as for long lasting how about
Coronation Street - Wikipedia

Coronation Street is a British soap opera created by Granada Television and shown on ITV ... The Coronation Street episode broadcast on 2 January 1985 attracted 21.40 million viewers, making it the most-watched episode in the shows ...
No. of episodes‎: ‎9,977
Original release‎: ‎9 December 1960 –; present
Original network‎: ‎ITV
Opening theme‎: ‎"Coronation Street Theme"
‎List of Coronation Street ... · ‎Episode 1 (Coronation Street) · ‎Coronation Street sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back