What's new

Valentine's Day Cupcake Toppers (1 Viewer)

If you're looking for a bit of inspiration this Valentine's Day, then why not have a go at making these cupcake toppers. All you need is red, white and black icing fondant: embossed rollers, a few heart cutters, a flower cutter and edible pens or paint.

Valentine's Cupcake Toppers by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Equipment

Valentine's Day Cupcake Toppers Equipment by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

How to make...
  • To emboss the icing fondant, roll it out with a rolling pin, then emboss it by rolling over it with your embossed roller and then cut it into your desired shapes.
How to make Valentine's Day Toppers with rollers by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
  • To make the 'I' shape, roll a sausage with red fondant and then cut the ends with a knife to straighten them off.
  • To make the sheep, roll out white fondant, emboss it, then cut it into shape with a flower cutter.
  • To make the face, roll a ball of black fondant, then flatten it and square it off between your fingertips.
How to make Valentine's Toppers Sheep by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
  • Roll small pieces of black fondant for the ears.
  • You can use a toothpick to make the indentation marks for the nostrils.
  • To make the 'EWE' and pupils for the eyes, I used an edible pen/paint.
  • To make the embossed heart use the heart embossing mat to imprint your icing then cut into a heart shape.
The hardest part of making these toppers was the 'EWE' heart. When making it, you will need the patience of a saint unless you're incredibly steady with your hands. I think it took me about 20 attempts to get this heart done, but we got there in the end.

Valentine's Day Cupcake Toppers by Help Me Bake 3 (Medium).jpg
They are cute, relatively easy to do, and a great gift idea.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back