What's new

Today...what have you been up to? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend was my busiest one yet, had a meeting with another cake business - just to get more tips and understanding.
Then yesterday, I had to attend a child's birthday party and decorate cupcakes with them. In the acting world they say don't work with children and animals, in the cake world it should be don't work with buttercream and children. However messy it was, I'm so happy I done it and that's one experience tucked firmly under my belt.

Thanks Joan, thanks John, I've achieved a milestone already.

Today I've been a lady that lunches but also putting teaching into the mix. I also delivered some homemade cake for my Dad so he will be pleased when he gets home. I also have a cake to make so it's going to be a very busy week indeed!

This weekend was my busiest one yet, had a meeting with another cake business - just to get more tips and understanding.
Then yesterday, I had to attend a child's birthday party and decorate cupcakes with them. In the acting world they say don't work with children and animals, in the cake world it should be don't work with buttercream and children. However messy it was, I'm so happy I done it and that's one experience tucked firmly under my belt.

Rebecca that is fabulous news and well done on attending the party with the children too, much fun and lots learned I'm assuming. Keep up the good work! :thumbs:

Thanks Bill, I love posting and helping, it's great fun and long may it continue. :D

Today is Phase 1 of cake decorations, I hadn't realised how long the word 'Congratulations' was until today, especially when you're cutting it out letter by letter lol! It's done now though along with the recipients name and a few other bits and bobs.

The cake is in the oven, the fan is on full, the music is playing and the sun is shining what more can I say except have a wonderful day! :wink:

Sweet! Life is good for you :wink:

Today took my work vehicle in for service, was making a metal grinding noise on braking. Need $3,000 in repairs! 222,222 miles today, so to be expected I guess. A Guy

Ouch Bill do you have to pay for those repairs? That is some mileage you get through!

Well the heat here is ridiculous today, I wouldn't mind it usually but icing doesn't do too well in this weather. All I can say is thank goodness for fans and air con, they have been my firm friends today! :D

I have now finished the Graduation Cake and delivered it, it wasn't without the mishaps, my first scroll broke :crys: so I had to make a new one, to be honest I did like the second one better so all is good and the recipient loved it, so WIN WIN! :thumbs:

Hello again, I haven't been here for a while but my goodness the site has got lots going on, I'm still trying to search my way through stuff but there is lots of stuff I can defo try! Yummy! :D

Angie been looking through your Tutorials and wondered if I could make a suggestion.

You give the oven temperatures for gas and electric but I noticed with the electric setting you only give the one figure. I was under the assumption you needed another setting depending on whether you had a normal electric oven or a new fan oven.

The only reason I bring this up is because I have a new cooker which is a fan one and the temperatures have to be set lower than normal. Sorry if I'm out of order here. :(

No I don't pay, but I feel the pain for my company. They figure repairs into things, so it's not unexpected.

The graduation cake looks yum. They all look yum...to taste one some day...

A Guy

Angie been looking through your Tutorials and wondered if I could make a suggestion.

You give the oven temperatures for gas and electric but I noticed with the electric setting you only give the one figure. I was under the assumption you needed another setting depending on whether you had a normal electric oven or a new fan oven.

The only reason I bring this up is because I have a new cooker which is a fan one and the temperatures have to be set lower than normal. Sorry if I'm out of order here. :(

Of course Joan honest feedback is greatly appreciated.

Yes you are right, fan assisted temperatures are 10/20 degrees lower than normal electric ones. I have a fan assisted oven so I generally put the temperature in I use when baking as its better to cook on a lower temp for slightly longer rather than too high too quick. However you do have a valid point so I will make a note to reference this on my site.

All feedback is welcome it helps me and others. :wink:

Hi Sara nice to see you back on here!

I'm so glad you don't pay Bill as that's expensive, thank you for the compliment and yes one day I hope you can sample my baking, don't know the how just yet but hey anything is possible. :D

Today I'm in the garden in this beautiful weather. Yesterday I was at a wedding and Friday I went to Zumba and dipped in the pool which was very refreshing. :)

Glad you are enjoying the sun Jean and have had a fabulous few days. :D

I've prepped today for my Under the Sea Workshop tomorrow, this is the last one for the summer and then back to them and college in September! I will be continuing to post and update the site and everything else though in the meantime! :wink:

Good afternoon, well today I'm a busy bee and currently doing final preparations ahead of my workshop this evening. :)

....we braved the heat and had a fabulous workshop. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back