What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would definitely wear them, I had thought about having another 2 of the bells turned into earrings but the jury's still out on that one. This is the necklace I think you can tell where the missing bells went.
View attachment 6658

No way, I've never seen anything like that before, but yes, I know where the other bells went. 😊 Actually, I think one bell on the necklace and two made for new earrings would look really nice.

I'm still thinking about it, I'd have to find out how much it would cost as well, I don't think it would be too much as they are silver not gold so that would keep the cost down a bit.

Do it if and when you're ready. I couldn't tell they were silver from the picture.

They are a bit dark, they've been in a box in the wardrobe for years so need a good clean, they still have their sparkle though. 😘

Like you then. 😘

We're currently sorting out everything Han needs for going back to school. I've got most of her uniform, although the buttons already fell off her new blazer. We've got the shoes, bag, tights etc., but she still needs a winter coat.

We're also finalising her cake plans for her birthday, she's drawn a picture of it, and I'm just waiting on my deliveries now before we crack on with the decorations.

I think I'll make a test cake soon, I've already made some chocolate muffins this week, so I think one of her cake tiers will be next.

What theme has she picked for this year?

Harry Potter. I think because we've been watching them together over the holidays, it seems like a good fit. We have the design, so now I'm just waiting for the icing.

Another Birthday?! Does it never stop? :D

A Guy

Apparently not, 🤣 although trying to get a list of items she would like becomes harder each year, I'm not sure why. 🤔

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about what to get the grandkids, just send the money over to Kelly and let her sort it out. 😂

Lol! I only thought you did that for Christmas.🎄

She doesn't want or need anything, so it's hit and miss. Sometimes she can make a list, or sometimes she just goes out and shops and then we give her the money for the stuff she's bought. I make the cake so at least that's the main thing. 🎂

No, it's Christmas as well, at least that way they get things that they actually want or need. It's worked out very well so far. 😘

You making the cake is definitely a major part of her birthday celebrations, she's very lucky to have such a talented baker. 🤗

Lol! She's fabulous, she can have what she wants within reason, but she's really sweet when it comes to choosing.

No, it's Christmas as well, at least that way they get things that they actually want or need. It's worked out very well so far. 😘

You making the cake is definitely a major part of her birthday celebrations, she's very lucky to have such a talented baker. 🤗

I'm glad you have such a great system that takes all the faff out of it, especially when fads change constantly and you have to keep up with what they are into.

Aww, bless you, thanks Joan, this will be the first real cake I've made for a while, so hopefully, it will be fabulous!

Of course it's going to be fabulous I've not seen one of yours that isn't. I'm looking forward to seeing the photo. 😘

Well, I've now made the sorting hat, and Han's made the wand, so that's part of it done. I was hoping to get a scarf done, but the others took a little longer to make than we thought. She then left me with all the cleaning up to do. 🤣

She knows it's only a number of years left that she will have servants/chauffeur :D

A Guy

Lol! No, apparently they'll be no time limit on that. She's such a sweetie. I don't mind helping her out anytime she needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back