What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven already! Wow, that has flown; the good thing about kids is they are resilient and adapt to change very easily. Hopefully, she'll be able to use all the new skills she's learned and put them back into practice.

Connor's off to comprehensive school. Is that close by, or will he have to commute?

It's just a short walk away, his brother is already there so they'll both probably walk there together. The junior school is just up the road from their house so none of them have far to go.

Let's hope Caia does get on okay or Kelly will take her out and home school her. :eyeroll:

I think she'll appreciate being at any school and if she's been there before she may still have friends there. It's good the boys can walk to school; that way Kelly only has to do one school run.

We've been out for a little walk today while it's been nice; I took a jacket because it looked windy but ended up carrying it around as it was really warm. Han wanted to get out for a bit as she seems to have been hibernating this week. 😂

At least it keeps her out of the midday sun. 😂

I know Caia would be better off at school among other children because there would be subjects that Kelly wouldn't be able to teach her. She would have help I know as she's very friendly with a former headteacher who would help her.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't come to that.

We lost the last guinea pig today so that was upsetting, it was a link to her Dad, she'd taken that one to her place after he died.

At least it keeps her out of the midday sun. 😂

I know Caia would be better off at school among other children because there would be subjects that Kelly wouldn't be able to teach her. She would have help I know as she's very friendly with a former headteacher who would help her.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't come to that.

We lost the last guinea pig today so that was upsetting, it was a link to her Dad, she'd taken that one to her place after he died.

Oh no! I remembering you saying she had taken it. That's such a shame. 🙁

I don't envy anyone who has to homeschool, as I know how difficult it is. Google and youtube are your only friends, and I was thankful for the many videos that teachers and people had posted. I've found with Han that being at school is the best thing for her, especially for the interaction and the fact that she gets out of the house and mixes with people her own age.

I'm sure Kelly will do what's best for Caia; Han had a friend at school that lagged a little, so we used to copy the worksheets that Han got, and then her friend did them as extra work. She came on leaps and bounds after doing them.

I'm hoping she does okay when she gets there as it would be better for her to be in school, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. :)

Hopefully, the kids will have a lovely summer and then get back to some normality in September. 😊

Let's hope so. 😂

What's the weather like up your way, it's scorching down here and apparently going to be hotter tomorrow.

Yeah, definitely scorchio! Apparently, it's going to be in the high 80's all week. We managed to sit out yesterday with the umbrella up and then sat out a little later when it wasn't so hot.

We're hoping to get out today if we can.

Have you managed to sit out in it or in the garden?

No, I don't have anything to sit on outside so I'm just sitting inside with both doors open and my personal fan came today so got that clipped onto my laptop table and it's quite pleasant. :)

We talked about outside fans the other day; we could do with one for under the outdoor umbrella to circulate some air in this heat. I'm not sure if they do one or whether it would attach, but it's a nice idea.

Is your fan like this, Joan?

Yes that's the one, I've got it on now, but it's not been too bad today even though it's still been hot I've tried out what they say people living in hot places do. I had the doors open first thing this morning for a while then I closed them and pulled the blinds down on the side of the house where the sun comes into the windows, the other side doesn't really get the light only first thing when the sun first starts to rise but all the trees block it out now they're in full leaf. It seemed to stop the rooms getting as hot which is why I've only just turned the fan on for a short time.
I'm going back in the kitchen now, to sort out my dinner, that side is always dark and cool, see you all later. 😘

j2gb2V2.jpeg

A Guy

I've seen that before Bill, I would love to have known what the signwriters had to say for themselves. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back