What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean a mini roll that Han stuck a candle in then yes, if you mean a proper cake that I've made, then no! 🤣
So it was your fault you didn't get a cake. Since you don't allow them to access your kitchen?

I mean Just how can they compete with your designs?:)

Lol! 🤣 No, I've let Han make me a cake before today. She's actually very good at making things with icing/fondant. I was going to make myself one, but then other things got in the way. It's the same every year; I think it's because I don't have to do it that I don't end up getting around to doing it. 🙄

Thank you, that's very kind. 😊

I was talking to a friend yesterday and when I was telling him about all the paperwork and stuff I had to get rid of he suggested I get in touch with a commercial shredder service. I told him I didn't even know there was such a business and he went on to explain that yes there was and told me all that they did, he remembered when he worked for Valspar they'd employ such a firm and they'd come out and shred just about anything.
I went online and had a look and it actually showed me firms that were near to me.

I shall be giving one a ring tomorrow and see just what's possible, it would be great if they took CDs as I have a load of those, the sort you got given free with computer magazines years ago.

When I told Kelly about it she agreed it would be a great idea and save all the time it would take me to sit and shred things on a home shredder.

I was talking to a friend yesterday and when I was telling him about all the paperwork and stuff I had to get rid of he suggested I get in touch with a commercial shredder service. I told him I didn't even know there was such a business and he went on to explain that yes there was and told me all that they did, he remembered when he worked for Valspar they'd employ such a firm and they'd come out and shred just about anything.
I went online and had a look and it actually showed me firms that were near to me.

I shall be giving one a ring tomorrow and see just what's possible, it would be great if they took CDs as I have a load of those, the sort you got given free with computer magazines years ago.

When I told Kelly about it she agreed it would be a great idea and save all the time it would take me to sit and shred things on a home shredder.

I actually looked into working for such a company. They mostly do business shredding, but shredding is shredding :D

A Guy

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually looked into working for such a company. They mostly do business shredding, but shredding is shredding :D

A Guy
They do it for home users as well, I spoke to the company that was nearest to me and have their price list and as well as all the paperwork they will take all the CDs I'd accumulated, you know all those freebies you got on the front of computer magazines. They do a monthly service in my area so I'm all set to get rid of the mounds of paperwork I've been left with, yippee. :D

That's great; we used to use a service at one of the old companies I used to work for. They had large cardboard boxes with slots in the corridors, and you'd post what you wanted shredding in there. Every month they would come and change the boxes over.

I do ours; now and again, I have a blitz, then I get bored, find five other jobs to do and leave it for a while. 🤣

It would take me forever to shred the amount there is and I'd probably burnout a few motors plus trying to get rid of the bags of shreddings after I've done it. At present there is a booking system at the recycling centres and Peter can't afford to keep going backwards and forwards trying to get rid of my stuff as well as dealing with their own.

This way I'll be able to get rid of all the stuff without any problems, it might take me a couple of months pick up sessions but of course that depends on how fast I can actually sort it all out and get it bagged up.

I can see light at the end of the tunnel at last. :)

Yeah! Sitting there, shredding is quite boring after a while. It's great that you can now happily bag it all up, knowing that somebody else can sort it for you.

It'll keep you busy for a while, but the amount of free space you'll gain after it's done will be fabulous!

Having some computer time today, John borrowed me for five mins yesterday and then had me doing the garden!

So what was he doing while you were gardening? :eyeroll:

Having a rest. 🤣 I wouldn't mind, but I'd asked him that morning if he needed me for anything, and he said no. So when he wanted me for five mins, I thought I was going to stand and point. 🙄 Next minute I'm getting changed into my garden gear and moving stuff.

Supervising...

A Guy

Yeah, he cut stuff down and then got me doing the donkey work. I got half the bushes in my hair, trying to put up temporary fencing with him. I looked like I'd been dragged through them by the time I'd finished. 😆

The sacks arrived today from the shredding company and I've filled 2 of them, I've not sealed them up as I want to see how the weight is when they come to collect and by not sealing them I can take some out if I need to, I've not gone up to the line though but to me they feel weighty.

Wow, you've been a busy bee; it must feel good, though, freeing up space and getting rid of stuff. It's that spring clean vibe. Do you think you'll be doing it for a while?

Do they charge you by weight or by line? Good idea on not sealing them, though, so you can take stuff out if you need to.

It's a bit chilly at the minute; I was awake at 5 am and have the VAT to do today. Han's back at school on Monday too, so it's our last day together. 😮 I will miss the break time interruptions and our daily walks as they have been a lot of fun. 😁

They charge per sack plus a delivery charge, I never realised just how heavy a pile of paper could be. I've got 3 sacks done at the moment, the minimum collection is 5 sacks so I'll do a couple more and they should be able to go towards the end of this month.

I'll start on the next set of sacks, I'd sent for an initial 10 and I'm not sure how many more I'll need because I have some paperwork in my office that can go.

Today has been very sunny and really spring-like but it's now going very chilly.

Not sure about Kelly's lot, although the 2 youngest can't go as their transport driver is a self shielder because of his medical history. In September her youngest son will be going to the comprehensive school and he will be able to walk there like his older brother but Caia will be moving back to the Tenby junior school but Kelly has said if she starts going backwards in her learning she will take her out and home school her, she is not going to allow all the good work her current school did with her since she was moved there be destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back