What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best day today, my eldest son phoned me at lunchtime very upset to tell me his dad had died last night. It wasn't covid related but apparently, he'd gone to do some work on a trailer and must have slipped or something from it.
Someone found him and he was rushed off to hospital but had a fractured skull and bleed on the brain and there was no hope for him and he died just before midnight last night. He had the family round him, my son, daughter, grandson and his partner.

Well I just had apiece of Apple pie and I feel pretty good , with the temp outside at 72 degrees (22 C)
My weight went down from 210 to 199 lbs.
I don't recommend pneumonia as a way of losing weight.

Thanks Bill, it hit my son and grandson hard especially as it wasn't expected. He'd already overcome cancer so to go because of it seems a freak accident is very cruel.

A Guy.jpg

A Guy

Thank you Thomas, it was quite a shock, so now I'm the only parent left to my 4 children.

Oh wow! I'm so sorry to hear that Joan, that's such a shame seeing as he'd overcome Cancer too. It's bizarre how he gets through that, and then some freak accident happens. Sending big hugs. 😘

Well I just had apiece of Apple pie and I feel pretty good , with the temp outside at 72 degrees (22 C)
My weight went down from 210 to 199 lbs.
I don't recommend pneumonia as a way of losing weight.

That's great news, @thomaseg1; you keep stocking up on Apple Pie and enjoying the weather. :cool:

We had some large conifers taken out yesterday, so we currently have big craters in the garden. Today's job is to work out phase 2, start planting things back in the garden and make a secure border. We've now changed our minds about what we were originally going to do, so we need to stand outside, do some pointing, and develop another plan. 🤔

Oh wow! I'm so sorry to hear that Joan, that's such a shame seeing as he'd overcome Cancer too. It's bizarre how he gets through that, and then some freak accident happens. Sending big hugs. 😘

That's great news, @thomaseg1; you keep stocking up on Apple Pie and enjoying the weather. :cool:

We had some large conifers taken out yesterday, so we currently have big craters in the garden. Today's job is to work out phase 2, start planting things back in the garden and make a secure border. We've now changed our minds about what we were originally going to do, so we need to stand outside, do some pointing, and develop another plan. 🤔
Thanks Angie, I didn't think I'd be as upset as I was but I think it was mainly seeing just how it had affected my son.
Oh so if John goes missing we know where to look for him. 🤣

Are you going to be putting other plants in as border or will you fence the area?

That's a really great turnaround; I think they were originally going to do that here but then extended the period so that they could vaccinate the masses.

I'm glad you've had both and are doing okay. 🙂

Thanks Angie, I didn't think I'd be as upset as I was but I think it was mainly seeing just how it had affected my son.
Oh so if John goes missing we know where to look for him. 🤣

Are you going to be putting other plants in as border or will you fence the area?

Lol! John did really well digging the holes; we had a Robin that kept coming and having a nosey; I nearly buried it twice because it was hiding under the tree hedges! 🙈 The trees look good and have broken up some of the open space between us and next door. We were chatting with them yesterday, and they love the ideas we have. 😊 We now need to decide exactly what we're doing with the front. We can't really fence it as it's not in keeping with the area, so we have to put trees and bushes in etc.

Once we have a border, I can then start putting all the other colourful plants in like cherry blossoms, acers, clematis and some evergreens; it will be a rolling project and done in stages; but when it's finished, it'll look amazing.

I love the sound of that Angie, as you say it will look lovely when it's done. :loveit:

I've just been upsetting myself, I watched Kelly's wedding so I could hear Johns voice, apparently it's the first thing you forget, their voice.

It's going to take a while, though, because there is a lot to do! 👷‍♀️

Aww, Joan, I know it's no consolation, but at least you can still see and hear him anytime you like because you have the video, and you can also look back on a beautiful moment in time, knowing that you shared it together. ❤️

Happy I Love You GIF by Life of a Potato

Thanks Angie, it was Kelly who said someone had told her that the first thing you forget is their voice and we think her wedding video is the only thing we have that he is speaking on.

I sent her a text after and told her I'd just upset myself by watching it and she asked me was he speaking on it and I said yes when they asked who was giving her away and again his speech at the reception.

Make sure you keep the video safe or get it transferred to digital so that Kelly can have a copy of it too. I'm sure she's like that.

Birthday cards and presents for me today! 😊

Oh have I missed your birthday, if so A Very Happy Birthday. :loveit:

It is already digital Angie, it's on a DVD and Kelly already has a copy of it, a friend did the filming and converting it to DVD for them. She just has to find her copy of it as she has that many DVD's.

We always say though that the friend left out the best bit when he edited it. They'd invited another friend and her husband and baby and they were late to the ceremony and when the registrar got to the part about anyone having any reason to object to the marriage they came in, it was quite funny but it got left out of the copy we all had. 😂

Oh, I am glad that it's on a digital copy; I have a few videos somewhere that need converting.

Aww, really, that should have been kept in; what a hilarious moment. Lol! Can you imagine the people who were late? I bet they were mortified - fond memories though, and something for you all to have a chuckle about. 🤣

No not missed it; it's today, thank you. 🥳

Happy Birthday, Did John buy you a nice Turkey?

Donna's Birthday is on April 2, I already ordered a heated foot bath.
Was going to get her some quacking duck slippers but everyone goes barefoot
inside. Wall to wall carpet.

Thank you, @thomaseg1 and @A Guy; no, no turkey's, not even cake. I like the idea of the quacking duck slippers; they sound fabulous! I'm sure Donna will love the heated footbath instead. Very relaxing!

Thanks for the card Joan it was lovely. 😘

Domestic goddess day today, the house has been driving me mad so I've cleaned pretty much wall to wall. It now smells lovely and clean and positively sparkles! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back