What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which ever it is just get better soon Bill. :D

Today I've been sorting out John's laptop. For the last few days he's been trying to update a payroll program he has on it, not having much luck and keeps getting an error message, oh and he hadn't had any emails coming through for a few days, his conclusion was that they were having server problems at their end. :(

OK so this morning he said he'd tried again, no go, brought up the browser and, oh dear he couldn't get on the Internet. Everyone else was OK, my laptop and desktop and his desktop. Oh look the wireless icon on the notification area was dimmed out with a cross in the corner, it did say there were connections available but it couldn't connect to it. :D

Start the troubleshooting, no problems as such so start by turning the router off then on again. Get the internet back so then we start the process of getting all the missing updates, which were quite a few, after that and a restart he decided to try his emails, in they come all 94 of them. :roflmao:

He's a happy chappie again, till the next time, plus all up to date. :D

Thanks, It's like just feeling off a bit. May have to do with Trump :D

Found out suddenly I have to fly to Las Vegas very early Saturday morning. Take off at 6am, arrive 7:22, picked up by Vegas tech, drive to UPS store, pick up a 84" panel we need to change, drive to customers home, change panel, back to UPS Store box up panel, mad dash to airport and hopefully in time for my 1:12 takeoff to go home...

...via LAX! Arrive LAX 2:23PM, Depart LAX at...wait for it...7:13PM! Arrive back in Oakland at 8:30. Hopefully back home 9:30-10. Oh the joys of cheap flights :( Will be my 1st time in Vegas, not exactly the usual Vegas vacation.

A Guy

Wait! I've understood*that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, yet I understand you saying that the customer's old panel will leave Vegas?*

Confused...

It will leave Vegas, just not with me :) All that, and all you care about is the panel? :D

We decided that the tech can get help with the panel from the UPS Store people, so tech will take me direct from customers home to airport, so I don't have to obsess over whether I will make it.

A Guy

Not doing much today, did a couple of loads of washing sorted my emails out so now just logging into the forums, still sorting out the jumper I have to mend but I'm nearly there going to get something to eat, back later. :D

A private customer? That must cost him / her a lot.

No, an extended warranty claim. But we couldn't trust such an expensive panel to a Labor Ready guy. So, of I flew (and boy are my arms tired).

Joan, no drama??

A Guy

Joan, no drama??

A Guy

No Bill, that waited for today :D All computers present and correct as far as the Internet was concerned this morning but then after dinner noticed my connection icon in the notification area was dimmed out and had the little cross at the top.

My desktop was OK his laptop looked alright but his desktop couldn't connect with either Edge or Firefox. For a start tried a restart of my laptop but that didn't work, I did a restart on his desktop and that did work.

Tried another restart of my laptop and no go, the first troubleshoot I looked at came back with no faults try the switch off then back on of the router.

Thought I'd look through everything on the machine to do with connection before going the turn off the router route as all the other machines were working.

I wondered if the adapter might have given up the ghost, everything seemed to be OK but it just could not connect.

Turned my laptop completely off this time then turned the router off, waited turned it back on my desktop came back online so thought I'd go into my routers settings page. The only machine connected was my Kindle down in the living room and my Lumia plus of course my desktop. I didn't know but John had turned his machines off when I was sorting the router out so I turned them both back on they appeared in the settings page of the router as being connected.

My laptop was still showing as not connected, oops I forgot I'd completely turned it off, turned it back on and after a while yippee I was connected.

OK that's the end of todays adventure, tune in at anytime for the next instalment. :roflmao:

lGxWQip.jpg

A Guy

OK reporting for duty here and everyone's deserted me, is it something I said. :Devil::roflmao:

Ha ha, love it.

94 pages of emails and no connection Joan lol, I've only been gone five minutes!

Been pretty busy this week and doing lots of job jumping, not quite sure which hat I have on at the minute but most things seem to be getting done so it cannot be that bad.

It's been a funny old week and to top it off I'm like you Bill, this cold will not leave me, it started before Christmas, I can shake the cold but I still feel stuffy and now my necks aching again.

Aww Bill sorry you didn't get to enjoy the highs of Vegas at least that might have made your trip a little easier and added a little fun to the journey. Who knows maybe next time you could do an overnight stay.

Joan how's the jumper coming?

Hope that cold of yours clears up soon Angie, it's not nice having a cold at the best of times although to be honest I don't tend to suffer with them.

Jumper shouldn't take long now, got the stitches back into order just have to graft it back together.

The drama this week has been with poor Kelly. About 1.30am Wednesday morning Connor was having a bad asthma attack and while they were seeing to him Caia started having a convulsion. Her temperature had spiked so Peter got into the shower with her to try to bring it down while they waited for the ambulance to arrive, they've all had bad colds, at one point she stopped breathing but Peter got her back. Held her upside down for a bit and a load of mucus came out which was obviously blocking her airway.

They were discharged after morning doctors round and Kelly got quite upset at one point because every time she went into the living room and wanted to give her some medicine she didn't want to know her and Kelly couldn't get near her. A bit later got a text to say she'd just come back from the co-op to get a big hug from her, she sent a photo of a smiling Caia.

I was talking to her this morning and Caia was chattering away and giggling away, ok I didn't know what she said but she was telling me a good tale. :D Everyone's ok today but Kelly was frightened to go to sleep last night, the doctors said to watch Caia for the next 48 hours but hopefully she wouldn't have another one. I know Kelly didn't when she had the same thing around the same age of Caia.

I'm shutting down for the night now, seeing you all tomorrow. :)

Everyone's OK and she's sent the boys to school today and Caia is running around like a lunatic chattering away as if nothing has happened, kids :eyeroll: one minute they're frightening the life out of you and the next carrying on as if there's nothing happened. :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back