What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st year I moved out of my parents house I got a Charlie Brown Xmas tree...but no decorations since. I put up my Xmas cards

A Guy

Lol! 😂 Well, some of my cards got posted out today although the post box was absolutely rammed, so I had to push my hand all the way in and slide the cards on the top to make them stay in. I then spent the next five minutes bathing my hands in santiser.

Thank you for the card we received it today.

Aww, Joan, are you going to have to move? Ooh did you sort your mobile out?

@A Guy, I had to google what a Charlie Brown tree was. Did it only have one bauble? Lol! I really like it, token gesture but apt. Lol! If I knew what they were, I'd have bought one for this year.

My tree is not up yet; I'm still debating when it will actually go up. More to the point I'm not even sure where half the stuff is. 😝🎄🎅

Yes, I'm all sorted out with the mobile and will only pay for a sim plan. 2GB Data, unlimited texts, unlimited calls and 5G speed all for £5 a month. I don't really need the data as I very rarely use any and actually 5G speed is no good for me where I live, even 4G is dodgy but he said that was the best deal for me based on my usage.

Yes I will have to move I can't stay here on my own it's too remote and I can't even people watch as there are no windows that look out so I can't see any passing traffic or people even though I'm on the main road and have a bus shelter in front of me. I need to get a council bungalow or flat in Tenby so Kelly can walk to me and she'll take over as my carer then. This place is too big for me now anyway, it's a 4 bedroom bungalow.

Did they not have the Peanuts cartoons over there? A Charlie Brown Christmas, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown?

Yes, one ornament and bent the tree over so it was sitting on the ground :D

A Guy

@Joan - £5 a month, that's really good. I couldn't tell you what I get, as long as I can ring and send texts, I'm fine.

Oh wow so you have to move, are there plenty of options for you or do you have to take what they offer? That will be much better that you're closer to the family and hopefully, the new place will have big windows so you can people watch. Do you still go on a waiting list? It's all changed now from how it was.

@A Guy - Yes we did have Snoopy and Chalie Brown, but I've never seen the tree, this is the one I found on the internet.

charlie brown tree.JPG

They send a list out every Wednesday of what council properties they have on offer and if you see any that are suitable for you you have to bid on it. When you're on the housing list you are in categories, because I've only just been put on it I'm on bronze but hopefully I'll get bumped up when they get the doctors report of my medical conditions and medication.

The housing people look at who's bid on the houses and award them to whoever is highest on the list and the property meets their needs.

Yes, it's been a very tough year, I found out last night that a very dear friend died last week, his daughter was going through his email account to find people that she could let know. He was a former MVP and we met through the Microsoft newsgroups, mainly the WinME group and even though I'd never actually met him in person both myself and John, who knew him through me, classed him a very dear friend.

Then turn the TV on this morning to find out Barbara Windsor had died, just how much more crap is this year going, to throw at us, I'll certainly be glad to see the back of 2020.

This year hasn't been great and has been tough, to say the least, I thought 2019 was bad, but even though this year's been utterly awful, I am thankful for the small pleasures that have come from this year. The nice words, the good thoughts, the kind deeds and small gestures that people have done to keep us going. I know it's not a lot, but I'll take all the happy I can get.

I finally succumbed to putting the Christmas tree up today, I could have bypassed it this year, to be honest, and I'm really late sorting things, but I'm trying to make an effort. Han's now finished school so that's one less thing to sort and I have last few bits I'm trying to get done but the way the weeks are flying we'll be saying bye-bye to this year in no time.

But in the meantime...😘

Last edited:
So far my one bit of happy news is that I will be getting housing benefit, council tax relief and guaranteed pension credit, yippee, at least that will help a bit.

I've not bothered with my tree this year, I can't actually stand long enough to put it up and decorate it, I do have a flashing light star though and my large Santa figure, although I've not put any batteries in him, and an artificial poinsettia that has a small led light in the centre of each flower. I have a few more Christmassy items I can put out when I have a few minutes spare to get them.

I know it's not how you usually think of Christmas but to be honest I don't feel very Christmassy but I'm trying.

So far my one bit of happy news is that I will be getting housing benefit, council tax relief and guaranteed pension credit, yippee, at least that will help a bit.

I've not bothered with my tree this year, I can't actually stand long enough to put it up and decorate it, I do have a flashing light star though and my large Santa figure, although I've not put any batteries in him, and an artificial poinsettia that has a small led light in the centre of each flower. I have a few more Christmassy items I can put out when I have a few minutes spare to get them.

I know it's not how you usually think of Christmas but to be honest I don't feel very Christmassy but I'm trying.

Ooh good, that must be a relief for you. I'm so glad you're getting sorted one bit at a time.

We just about managed to find the decorations for the tree after a bit of hunting around. A lot of my baubles had tangled together, so I ended up cutting them apart with scissors. I haven't put as much stuff on the tree this year and left the back quite bare, but you can't see it. The front looks good, though. My favourite dec's are the ones Han has made over the years. The dodgy snowman, some flowers, a picture bauble and the few Santas decorations that she stole from her Grandma's house. 😂 I still have the Christmas tree decoration that @Boohbah made and sent to us, I put it on the tree each year, and it makes me think of him and Lois. It was actually a tradition they did which I thought was really lovely.

So my last chance to get some bits that I wanted have fell by the wayside! But hey ho, not to bother I'll try again next year!

@A Guy, so where will Christmas be for you this year? And what will you be having?

Last edited:
I got my print out from the Doctors today, 30 pages worth, he does say that I need a place with a wet room or walk in shower so hopefully that will help. Thank you your card arrived today as well. :loveit:

This year, going no where and eating whatever, lol. It's just a Covid storm here, and the idiots are out in force, so we're all hunkering down. 1 million new infections here in 4 days...but ding dong the witch is dead, and new President next year...although the damage is done :(

A Guy

I got my print out from the Doctors today, 30 pages worth, he does say that I need a place with a wet room or walk in shower so hopefully that will help. Thank you your card arrived today as well. :loveit:

Crikey, you've got your own jackanory! Hopefully, the new place will be full of all new mod cons for you. I hope they find you somewhere wonderful. I'm glad you got the card, it means it didn't fall out of the post box. 😂 We got yours too. 😘

This year, going no where and eating whatever, lol. It's just a Covid storm here, and the idiots are out in force, so we're all hunkering down. 1 million new infections here in 4 days...but ding dong the witch is dead, and new President next year...although the damage is done :(

A Guy

Wow, Bill, I'm so sorry that's it rubbish for you at the minute, I'm in a forever lockdown I haven't been or seen anyone since I don't know when and facetime is my only friend to help see people in the outside world. It's so sad because even though I'm staying out of everyone's way, there are those numpties who think they're invincible and spoil it for the rest of us. Sending you lots of big hugs and best wishes and I hope this storm passes soon but in the meantime stay safe, my friend. 😘

Last edited:
I agree with you Angie, it's the stupid idiots that don't care who have made it worse for the rest of us, the end of this year can't come quick enough, I just hope 2021 turns out to be a better one.

Yeah, our Joan makes Works of Art you know. 🙂

Today has flown by today, although I'm not quite sure what I've done...no scrap that I just remembered, I've finished some of the accounts bits I had to do and even better it went in the post box! Whoop whoop! It was like playing post office because I had to weigh my own envelope and print off my own label for postage. Lol! 🤓

I then sorted the shopping out, made tea, did some washing and sifted through Han's revision cards that we ordered online. I have even more ways now of helping her revise, although she's not impressed with all my resources. Haha! 😂

I have promised her some fun tomorrow and said we could make some Christmas hats.

Tired now so off to watch a Christmas movie on Netflix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back