What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, you're going into the Carry on Films now are you. 😂

I know I should slow down but I can't seem to follow my own advice thinking the sooner I get things done the sooner I can stop worrying about what has to be done if you know what I mean.

I'm still feeling very raw and emotional but just can't slow down till everything has been sorted out even though it's causing me problems, I'll get there. When Kelly phoned me today she said even though she doesn't want either of us to go in some ways she's glad her dad went first as she thinks I'll be able to cope better than he would have done if I'd gone first.

Lol! Yes, my life generally runs like some form of carry on movie, I do love them though. As for advice, I'm great at giving it but never take it. 🤣 Well, sometimes, I do if I really have to, but I have now started to slow down; otherwise, I burn myself out. You do as much or as little as you please.

That's true of my parents as well. Not that Dad was clueless or anything, but I think my Mom was better able to cope

A Guy

No, not at all, but each parent has their own strengths and weaknesses.

It's probably got some truth in the old saying that women are the stronger sex. I think it probably stems from them being the ones mainly responsible for having to bring up a family and all that entails.

I do know that once everything is sorted out this place will be a lot easier to keep clean and stay that way longer, John was so messy and untidy and I'm now finding out he was worse than I thought and the amount of stuff I've got to sort through is a nightmare. :eyeroll:

I agree, the majority of the time us women run, organise and schedule life from the kids to the adults. My lot call mutiny on our ship now and again but most of the time I keep them in check.

thought267.JPG

As for messy and untidy that's my lot too, no sooner have I cleaned something and they're there creating a mess again. I swear they do it on purpose. 😝

Glad I'm not on my own with the messy lot, Willow is taking over where John left off. She is very messy when she's eating especially her biscuits, she dives in grabs a mouthful then loses half of them all over the work surface but can't be bothered to pick them up, she just goes for another mouthful. :eyeroll:

I've been dealing with more paperwork and phone calls today, at least I got the paperwork and know what my pension is now so I can sort out what else I'm entitled to.

Nope, maybe Willow is trying to be endearing. Lol! Your description of Willow reminds me of my lot. We're on handbags at dawn this morning over an Advent calendar and chocolate. 🙈

So glad you're managing to sort things out. Hopefully little by little that will start to put your mind at ease.

It is Angie, my stress is starting to reduce. Kelly came this morning and they took a load more stuff away for me, there is still lots to get rid of though.

I won't see them now till Christmas as Peter goes away on a 2 week course for the Fire Brigade at the beginning of next week but she will be phoning me every day and we've got Facetime if I need to see them.

Ok be back later I'm going to get my dinner now, think I'll have chicken tonight. 😂

So did you have chicken tonight? 🤣 Bill's probably wondering what on earth we're on about.

Good, I'm glad you're feeling calmer and not overdoing it. With regards to stuff, do you mean the paperwork or just 'stuff' that you need to get rid of?

It's not long until Christmas and the way this year has gone, it'll be here in no time at all. I'm glad you've got facetime though because even if they can't be there, you can still see them all.

I made a Victoria Sponge today for two reasons, again to try out my oven and the other to try out my new cake dome, well one of them anyway. The only problem being is I had no cake release spray, so I used an alternative and the sponges stuck to the tins, and they tore when I was got them out. Lol! See even after ten years things can still go wrong for me. Then I got to the jam and went through two pots before actually getting any on the cake. 🤔

The first one I opened seemed very gloopy, so I opened another one, and the top just came straight off with no pop, luckily I had another jar and opened that, that one popped and the consistency was better, so I used that one instead. I've managed to stick the cake together with it so Han will be pleased when she gets home later that there is cake after tea. 🙂

Sounds like you've been having fun with the cake. Yes I did have chicken, it was with carrots, peas, sweetcorn and gravy. Got my delivery of meals today so I'm good to go for another week, tonight I had a fillet of plaice, boiled potatoes and peas and I mixed up some parsley sauce, followed it with jam sponge and custard.

It was just stuff I needed to get rid of, some king size bedding and other bits. I also got the email from the coroner that they had closed the investigation and an inquest wasn't needed, he'd died from natural causes so I could now register his death and get the official death certificate. I didn't know exactly how many I'd need so ordered 3, that cost £33 and then got a real shock that arrived in the post. I got the undertakers bill, a couple of hundred pounds short of £3,000 :scream:

Wow just seen the time, I'm going to get ready for bed I need it, it doesn't mean I'm going to get any decent sleep though but I can try.

@A Guy she has proper posh nosh our Joan you know. 😂

@Joan That's good; I'm glad you're eating well, you can keep your fish and parsley sauce, but I'll take the jam sponge and custard any day. Mmmmmm.

That must be a weight lifted knowing that you finally have some closure regarding John's death although I'm guessing the funeral bill hasn't helped. Have you managed to sort all your finances out yet, or are you still working through them?

I hope you managed to get some sleep last night. Do you watch TV or anything before bed or do you read?

As for us, we enjoyed the cake; it was very soft and fluffy, it's probably one of the best ones I've made. It was the same again today when we had another piece. I'm using posh eggs with really orange yolks so the cake is more orange and the texture is fabulous. I also wanted to make it so I could try out one of my new cake stands.

@A Guy she has proper posh nosh our Joan you know. 😂

@Joan That's good; I'm glad you're eating well, you can keep your fish and parsley sauce, but I'll take the jam sponge and custard any day. Mmmmmm.

That must be a weight lifted knowing that you finally have some closure regarding John's death although I'm guessing the funeral bill hasn't helped. Have you managed to sort all your finances out yet, or are you still working through them?

I hope you managed to get some sleep last night. Do you watch TV or anything before bed or do you read?

As for us, we enjoyed the cake; it was very soft and fluffy, it's probably one of the best ones I've made. It was the same again today when we had another piece. I'm using posh eggs with really orange yolks so the cake is more orange and the texture is fabulous. I also wanted to make it so I could try out one of my new cake stands.
I've just finished reading the review of that stand you did, that cake looked really yummy.

That chicken dinner is £3.79 Angie, a lot of the meals I have are in that range or just over £4. I've never eaten so healthily or such a varied diet without the hassle of cooking from scratch. Hopefully I'll be able to carry on affording them.

I'm still dealing with finance, just finished filling in the council form to get help with the rent and council tax. I've not heard from the finance people yet about the car but I have noticed that the monthly payment that went out in November for the car has been paid back into my account so something is moving.

I'm sleeping better now but still not a full nights sleep, I'll put the TV on but I'm usually reading before I settle down. You're right about the bill, I wasn't expecting it to be that high, but a lot of that is to do with Kelly wanting to be there and say something so it was classed as having a service which had to be paid for. They have reduced the bill for me as much as they can so it is what it is and I shall have to pay it, that will be another thing off the list of things to do.

Thank you.

£3 - £4 for the meals you describe is really good; you can spend more than that on a handful of ingredients and not have a full meal out of it.

That's good that you're on with the council and they've returned the car payment to you. Hopefully, this will be more stuff you can cross off your list when it gets finalised, but at least people are dealing with it.

I'm glad you're sleeping better maybe not a full night's but getting better all the same. I know the service was expensive, but at least he had a lovely send-off, and Kelly got to say what she needed. 💞

I'm glad you posted too, I was a little worried when I'd only seen you in the last letter game. I know you're busy with things, but thank you for still checking in and giving us updates. 😘

Thanks Angie, things are starting to come together, I got a cheque from his over 50 plan which will help and I know talking to the Inland Revenue they'll be sending me one for about £50 which was to do with tax paid on his annuity. It might be the new year before I hear from that and find out if I still get anything from it, there's a chance I could get 50% or more from it.
I'm going to disappear now till tomorrow, start sorting out and get to bed, see how much sleep I get tonight.
See you all tomorrow, nighty night. :loveit:

Thanks Angie, things are starting to come together, I got a cheque from his over 50 plan which will help and I know talking to the Inland Revenue they'll be sending me one for about £50 which was to do with tax paid on his annuity. It might be the new year before I hear from that and find out if I still get anything from it, there's a chance I could get 50% or more from it.
I'm going to disappear now till tomorrow, start sorting out and get to bed, see how much sleep I get tonight.
See you all tomorrow, nighty night. :loveit:

Well, my dear, I do hope you slept well.

I'm glad some elements of money are rolling in for you too, this should help towards anything you have outstanding and then hopefully, when the bills are sorted you can have a better grasp on the finances. Not wonderful things to be sorting out, but once they are, they will be a load off your mind.

So what did you have for tea last night?

Take care Joan

A Guy
Thanks Bill, I'm trying.

Well, my dear, I do hope you slept well.

I'm glad some elements of money are rolling in for you too, this should help towards anything you have outstanding and then hopefully, when the bills are sorted you can have a better grasp on the finances. Not wonderful things to be sorting out, but once they are, they will be a load off your mind.

So what did you have for tea last night?
So so, it's getting better some days, think I got about 3½ hours last night.

I think something must be happening with the car finance as the payment they took out at the beginning of November was paid back in a couple of days ago.

I had fishcake with minted potatoes and peas plus my parsley sauce followed by rice pudding. That dinner was £3.75 and the pudding was £1.15. The most expensive dinner I buy is the Plaice dinner, you get a whole plaice in breadcrumbs with boiled potatoes and peas and it's £5.29.

Right got to go again, the only day I have dinner at this time is Sunday so got to sort out what I'm having, probably chicken or turkey, both are only just over £4. :)

We might have to give you your own 'mighty meals' thread so we can see what delicious food you're having for your tea or we could call it Joan's posh nosh lol! 😝

Have you thought about putting some background music on or the tv to help you drift off? There's nothing worse than broken or no sleep. John woke me up this morning at 4 am, so I wasn't best pleased.

Today so far I've done the school run, a bit of yoga, submitted the VAT, sorted the shopping, put a few orders in online and still forgot to order my cupcake cases oh and I've done some washing. I need to get my dinner in a minute because I'm starving. 🙂

I'm also still filling in my broken links where I can so if you spot any on the threads then just let me know. Thank you. 🤓

I've got no problem getting to sleep, I usually sleep for about an hour then wake up and have to go to the loo. It's easy to get back to sleep but some nights I can be waking up every hour, or I might sleep till about 6 am, today I slept till about 7, I usually go to sleep any time between midnight and 1 am.

I think a lot of it is stress related tied in with all the stuff I'm trying to sort out since Johns death and once that is all sorted I'll be able to sleep better.

Oh that's good at least you can drift off, yes I agree you have lots to do at the minute so when things settle down hopefully, it will get easier for you.

Saying that I've had a broken sleep too, no fun but after being wide awake at stupid o'clock, I finally managed to drift back off just before the alarm went off.

We're on spaghetti bolognese for tea tonight although I'm surprised we're actually having any considering it took me four onions just to get any in the sauce.

By the way, are you guys all festive yet with trees and decorations? I know a lot of people started putting trees up in November this year. I haven't, I've only just sorted some of my cards and then not much else is going on.

My answer to that question is in your inbox. 😂 I've been sorting out getting logged onto the councils letting homes site so I can bid for anything that's suitable for me. Then a bit later got my mobile account sorted out by just getting a sim upgrade instead of getting a new upgrade of phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back