What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness the wind is not as wild today, it's the thing I'm most frightened about this time of year yet my daughter loves storms. :anguished:

We often get our best weather this time of year, it will be 80's all next week. Socal is 100's :what:

A Guy

Quite often we can get Indian Summers in September/October and it will be very sunny most days.

Today we've had an engineer round to service the boiler, it's the first year after installation and they picked up faults and things that didn't get done by the original installers. So now the landlord has to have jobs done to the system to put things right. Hopefully all before the bad weather hits bad, don't know where the times gone today, mind you not been on this machine much as it got it's Fall update today so I didn't touch it till it was all done. :relieved:

Didn't they come several times when they installed it?

A Guy
Don't be silly Bill the mood he was in I'm surprised he was here as long as he was.

The boiler was late arriving at the place he needed to pick it up so that put him in a bad mood and he was later than he wanted to be getting here. Started to take out the old boiler and fit in the new one barking out orders to his helper, he was Welsh which would not have been a problem if he'd not been talking so fast I had to ask him several times to repeat what he said because I couldn't understand him.

The controls for the system went blank when they cut the power to them, they are the originals ones from the old system, when he wasn't able to turn the system back on and I was struggling trying to press the reset hole he virtually called me a liar when I told him it was the only means of controlling the system saying there had to be somewhere else.

He didn't bother to ask if I had any kitchen roll he could use, there was a roll hanging on the wall in the same room, when I wasn't in the room he just went into the toilet and demolished at least 2 rolls of toilet paper and at one point he used foul language talking to his helper.

I don't think they were here more than about 4 hours, I had to phone the office and get them to send an engineer back out as they'd left a leak of oil from the boiler and they'd turned one of the radiators off and not turned it back on.

When the engineer came yesterday to service it there were a few points either not done right or missing.

The exhaust from the boiler goes through the outside wall with the pipe sticking out and because it's a condensing boiler every time it fires up there is white steam pouring out and going straight across the kitchen door, they didn't put it far enough away from an opening door and it should have extended upwards out of the way plus the wire cage they fitted round it has rusted through at the front.

They'd put the condensing pipe along the ground outside and round the corner so it ended up going into the outside drain but it should have had a slope on it but because of the step at the kitchen door it didn't allow it they should have put it the other way and sent it into a the ground filled with gravel. The settings on the boiler were wrong not even following the manufactures instructions, so it was not running as efficient as it should so costing more to run instead of saving money. The controls need changing as well.

There you are Bill another chapter in the Life of Joan. ROFL

Helloooo peeps, currently waiting for the rest of the munchkins to get here before we finally have the belated birthday sleepover! The cake is finished as is the kitchen! I will be back to read up on all the goings on that have been happening of late and hopefully get beck to normality very soon. Bear with me. :wink:

Hello stranger, hope the sleepover went off OK and Han had a good Birthday. :smiley:

Look forward to seeing you back I miss another woman's point of view. :D

And get it completely wrong you numpty. :D I enjoy our chats even just trying to find another word.:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back