What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow there is nothing worse when you are waiting for a parcel or somebody to call and they don't show up especially when you're waiting in too.

I thought that the delivery drivers don't get paid for those parcels they don't deliver. Does your neighbours property look similar to yours Joan?

I do hope whatever you ordered wasn't needed for today and hopefully you'll get your package sorted for tomorrow.

I try and get all my parcels on prime when I can because I hate waiting in for stuff although Amazon seem to have removed the before 1pm next day option now so it's either scheduled of free next day all day.

Luckily the last thing I ordered they could post through the door.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The neighbours house looks nothing like mine and their name is in plain site on the wall beside the entrance to the property.

I phoned Amazon about the delivery as I had no way of getting in touch with DPD, I had a right go at them even though it wasn't their fault but made it clear they'd better deliver today.

Todays delivery was to be between 15.20 and 16.20 and I was delivery 64. I kept an eye on the tracking and when it got to his delivery 63 I just went and stood outside the kitchen door, it's the first door you come to after coming up the drive.
Who should come up the drive but the neighbour where the calling card should have been delivered he's actually the handyman who does the work for my landlord and was coming to tell me they are coming tomorrow to sort out the radiators now it's getting warmer.

He knew nothing about any cards, they'd been in all day and no one had been to them or left any cards and while we were talking we saw the DPD van drive past the bottom of the drive. Richard went running down the drive for me looking for him, then we saw him coming back up the lane across the road from me and Richard waved him down and pointed to me, he'd actually had the delivery before me down the lane. So I got my package but I'm going to complain to DPD about this delivery. :grrr:

Apart from that it's been a glorious day. :smiley:

Richard and the landlord have been round today and cleaned all the radiators out, Richard will come round on Tuesday after the bank holiday to put some more iron inhibitor into the system and he's also going to put catches on the loft hatch so it wont lift up when it's windy and the door is open.

The landlords great he just got stuck right in helping Richard with the rads. :smiley:

:DThat would be fun, not. :eyeroll: The legs are the only things not altered due to my condition so it would probably be even funnier to see. :wink:

Glad to see your delivery finally arrived. I'm interested to know whether it was some fab new gadget or what not.

I did chuckle about Richard I thought you were going to say he jumped out in front of DPD so he would stop for you. [emoji23]

So am I right in thinking you have an opening in your roof Joan like the Americans do for outside cellar doors, you know the ones you see in the movies where they open them up and head down the stairs. Is your roof hatch like that?

Please tell me they are now secure I don't want you floating away like Dorothy. Lol...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You made me laugh this time Angie thinking I had a hole in the roof. I'm sure you have an opening somewhere in your house that leads up into the roof space ? This is a bungalow so whereas your opening would be somewhere upstairs, probably on the landing, the opening here is in the kitchen and at present there is a panel that rests on the framework of the loft opening and if you have the kitchen and front door open and the wind is blowing the hatch blows up and twists so is not sitting in the opening flush. Richard will probably put hook and eyes on the four sides of the panel so it can hook onto the frame and stop the panel moving.
Just took a photo of the hatch in the kitchen ceiling to show you what I mean. :) Oops the photo is on it's side. :dizzy: Oh by the way the delivery was some dragon fly solar lights for the garden. :wink:
WP_20170529_23_29_11_Pro.jpg

Ah righty I get you thanks for the visual :lmao:, yes our loft opening is upstairs, we have a loft ladder going up into ours so our opening drops down whereas yours raises up. I've never really thought about a loft hatch in a bungalow before as I didn't think they would have one, but yes I get your drift.

We need to come up with a really good way from preventing that from happening then we can patent the design. :) I know the hook and eyes will most probably solve it but there's got to be some gadget you use.....ooh what about some magnets to hold it in place although then the loft door wouldn't be flush, or would it if you got some small magnets in each corner? Ooh look at DIY me, solutions all round. :lmao:

Your dragon flies sound nice, I hope they were in one piece when you received them.

I suppose some bungalows wouldn't have one, especially if they were built with rooms right up into the eaves, they then would have to have a proper staircase to access it.

I have a couple of black bags with stuff in that I don't use stored up there and of course the water tank and piping for the heating is up there plus the insulation between the roof and ceilings of the rooms below. I've never been right up into the loft, it's not easy to get up there without a ladder and I have a set of steps but they don't go high enough. Steven, or anyone else for that matter, have to stand on the top of those and with hands on the framework sort of jump/pull yourself up into the opening. You can't stand up in there, unless your short or I think stand right under the ridge line which is the tallest part.

Not sure about your idea with regards a fastener for the hatch, the only ways I've seen are the hooks and eye way or small bolts. :lmao:

Nearly forgot, lights were OK. Since then I've got some more but these are blossom ones and whereas the others were either just static or flashing on and off these can be static or, the way I have them set is they start off showing blue and red then green and yellow, then flash between those for a while then they will flash slowly through all colours then faster, I really loved watching them when they came on last night I ordered another set and they've just arrived.

Trouble is the last few days I'm not getting any sun to keep them charged up. :(

Ooh you'll have to do a video Joan so we can see them in action, they sound lovely. Get Bill to send you some sunshine over. I would have posted the emoji but the nature emojis don't have sunshine. :lmao:

:D We've lost it here as well Bill, we got some this morning but now it's gone.
I think I'll have to retire Twit the owl, even though he will get a full charge it's pot luck whether they come on or not, and you can see looking at the sensor part it's rusty so it would probably be a bit dodgy trying to fit a new battery inside as the wires are very flimsy, his mate Twoo went the same way so he just sits next to Mervin the Meercat in front of the bird bath, neither of them work. :plead: I'll see what I can do about a video showing them. :wink:

John's desktop did the Creator upgrade yesterday, my desktop got it just over a week ago, well he left me to sort it out while he was at a clients. There's just his laptop and my Asus Notebook to get it now so I don't suppose it will be long. :wink:

Not been fit to stand outside to video the lights, :scream: will have to wait till it's a bit warmer, only got my phone I can do videos with and the only one I've done was Caia sitting on the floor in front of me playing so it will be an experience seeing if I can upload one to a forum. :eyeroll:

OK talking to myself again here but never mind I always knew I was a bit crazy. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back