What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday John, hope you're having a good day, wishing you many more to come. :shortcake: :beercheers: 🎂 🥳

He had a very lazy day which was good considering he has been doing lots of stuff lately.

Apparently I had forgotten the cake again so managed to rustle up a Victoria Sponge having hunted high and low for strawberry jam for then to be told I'd missed off his buttercream!

Crikey I can't win, me and Han don't like it but he loves it. I always forgot out of the two of them which one likes it so I opted for the safe bet so we could all have a piece. 😂

He should be thankful he had bloomin cake considering the shortage of ingredients. 🤣

Haha! We finally agreed that I would make him one next year, however, don't quote me on that because for some reason around his birthday I'm always usually doing something else.

Maybe I should set myself a reminder. 😀

Excuses excuses, A cupcake will work in a pinch . Just tell him that if he's nicer to you this year
You'll give him the full cake next year :p

Or Just come up (when you get the ingredients) with a late birthday cake.....new tradition :lmao:

Not sure what I'm having tonight, last night we had Plaice, peas, boiled potatoes and parsley sauce followed by strawberry mousse.
I always brew a pot of coffee after dinner, hubby just has some milk in his but I have a swirl of double cream on top of mine, I used my coffee pod machine for a while but we've gone back to filter coffee for a bit.

@thomaseg1 he thinks cupcakes are too small so he wouldn't have been happy with them and much prefers a big slab of cake.

The last time I made him a cake was last year because he thought he was the same age for three years, so I made a cake to mark the occasion. In all fairness, I should actually make him one, but we're always doing some form of house reno or DIY, and then he drops it on me the day before that he wants cake. I can't paint and make a cake. 😂

Tea tonight is Steak and chips for those two, I'm not sure whether to have chips or opt for steak pie, veg and gravy. All I know is the more I read this thread and think about food I'm starting to feel hungry. 🙂

I've not had a pie, or cake, or cookie for almost 5 months 😬

A Guy

Is that because you cannot buy it or you're just good? I could not live without biscuits, I had my first piece of cake in about four months, and I haven't had a decent slice of pie since I can remember. I'm now thinking about Apple Crumble. Mmmmm.

I'm also currently trying to work out what I've done to the hoover; it smells like burnt rubber, so I daren't turn it back on. It's now sat in the hallway in several pieces. 🤔

Cake , Pie or Cupcakes Last a maximum of 2 days at my house.
I do use a lot of sugar substitutes though "Equal" tends to be too sweet for me.
The last Pecan Pie I made didn't make it 1day.
I really don't snack on a lot of snack foods, like potato chips and Twinkies, though dried Bananas and Apples are my
my favorite. I'll wolf down a box of raisins as a meal substitute occasionally.

I changed my diet, gave up a lot of sugar and carbs, have lost 20 lbs. When I saw the doc end of January, he said my A1C was high, pre-diabetic, so I just modified my diet. I'm not miserable, and it can only be good for me. I have Jello Fat Free/Sugar Free chocolate pudding (tastes just like chocolate pudding, go figure), or a Kind bar for dessert. It's all good, no withdrawl :)

A Guy

The only sugar that's used here is about just under a teaspoon on my cornflakes in a morning and that's it. We both gave up sugar years ago so any that we take is what is in the food we eat, I'm ok and can eat what I like without any problems but John is now diabetic and has just been put onto insulin even though he's never been low sugar readings rather too high for what the so-called experts say it should be. We reckon it's the infection that has caused the problem because trying to reduce the food with high sugar content and taking pills didn't work, in fact, he lost so much weight he looked more like someone who'd just come out of a concentration camp, according to the experts though his body mass and readings were perfect. 🙄

Picked up some Swerve (brown as well) at Bi-lo, Now I have to get some flour I forgot 😊

I'll test it on some homemade donuts and cupcakes, and see how it works cooked.

Sounds as if the belt has burnt out, what make is it Angie?

It's my heavy-duty Dyson, so it doesn't have a belt. I'm wondering if I got something caught in the roller section on the front and that's what's causing it.

Ooh, you guys talking about food again, I like sugar it's my only vice so I'm sticking with it as much as I can; however, I have been on very plain savoury foods for a while, so I'm trying to indulge myself little by little.

Once I get back to some kind of 'normal' and ingredients are more readily available; I shall be creating in the kitchen as much as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back