What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 6 year old grand daughter is using the Online conference "Zoom"
like a pro and I don't even know how to .

Same here, Han's all over it and I've no idea! Every time I go her upstairs, she's always having a 'meeting' with somebody. 🙄

@A Guy - Ah yes, the young ones have no idea about that! 😂 I loved those things!

Today's task is looking through swatches of paint! Ooh, go me! 🤣

Last edited:
Alice found my hotdog bites in the freezer and couldn't figure them out.
You just cut up the hotdog and wrap the pieces in dough. you then cook them .
They make quick snacks . I told her they were a cross between corndogs and rolls . 😆

good for the oven or microwave.

Yeah, are they not talking more like mini sausage rolls? 🤔

Pigs in blankets only come out at Christmas this side of the pond. 🙂

Actual Hot dogs, I just cut them up into bite size, the roll them in dough
and pinch the ends 😊

Lol! Okay you win, they're definitely not mini sausage rolls. 😂

I don't like Hot Dogs, but I'm sure Han would love your hotdog bites, they sound right up her street. 👍

We're back on home-schooling this week, Han's asked if she can home-school herself which I've agreed too, so let's see how that goes, shall we. 🤔

Let's hope that works out well, mind you, she's of an age to be responsible and OK she's a teenager but as far as my thoughts of her she will take it seriously and do you proud. 😘

We're back on home-schooling this week, Han's asked if she can home-school herself which I've agreed too, so let's see how that goes, shall we. 🤔

Isn't that cheating a bit 😄 Just because you can't keep up..

(I know how that feels ...3 girls all much better then me ) :p

Isn't that cheating a bit 😄 Just because you can't keep up..

(I know how that feels ...3 girls all much better then me ) :p

I don't know whether you'd call it cheating; in fact, I don't know what the rules are during a pandemic. 🤪 I can keep up with her (especially with the vids); it's purely down to my 'too strict' work ethic and not giving her enough banter. So this week she's allowed to school herself while still enjoying subject matter because I take all the fun out of it.

It now means that at least for this week I might actually get some work done. 😀

Trouble is there aren't any rules really, it's all so new as it's not happened before so everyone's learning as they go along. It makes me laugh when you hear people say we take advice from the experts, there aren't any experts how can there be when it's new and never been seen before.

The Welsh are opening the schools at the end of this month but I believe it will be staggered and down to the schools how they go about it.

I know Kelly won't send hers back until it's safe as they're all very vulnerable and she has to think of her family and if she doesn't think the time is right they will stay at home for a bit longer.

I agree Joan; we're just winging it.

There isn't any talk of Han's year returning to school, so I'm still assuming that she won't go back until September. I know a few people who have some children that can return now and their other ones can't so they have a bit of a dilemma. At the minute I'm still happy to keep my distance from everybody.

I know here in Wales it said all schools would be opening but in a staggered way and it was down to the schools how they achieved it. They would only be back for a month until 27th July though, I think it was so that they could get some sort of plan in place with the learning ready for the new school year starting in September.

I don't really know all the details, it's not something I really follow now not having children in school.

I think even in Sept it will still de social distancing and may also be part-time for some of them. It changes daily so until there are clear guidelines we're just doing what we're doing.

Han managed to finish school in the best part of an hour today, so I need to check what she's been doing all week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back