What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ewww coffee flavour no no no! I'm sure it is fab to coffee lovers but I don't do coffee although I love the smell of freshly brewed coffee.

Well final attempts at everything are all good. Cakes and cupcakes were delivered on Saturday for my God daughter who had the Num noms cake and then today my Mum turns 60 so I've dropped her off a 2 tier 60th Valentines fruit cake which she absolutely loves. I posted a few quick pics on fb but will post the full pics and descriptions etc in the showcase later.

I will also have to amend fan to fab later as my phone has auto corrected and I cannot amend my post lol.

Hi Bill, Angie's cakes always look yummy don't they, I'm always drooling when looking at them but then I have a very sweet tooth the creamier the better. :wink:

Ha ha I must admit that a lot of the time I do not get to taste the finished product.

With the fruit cake for my mum I get to taste the part of the fruit cake I levelled out and as for the Num noms the large cake I only managed a small taste of the milkshake buttercream and we got to eat the left over cupcakes.

I too have a sweet tooth Joan and do enjoy a slice of freshly made cake. So much so I cannot touch pre made shop bought cake as I can tell the difference.

I like Bill's take on popcorn and at some point will have to make toffee and popcorn cupcakes they are on my list and I have little buckets for the cupcakes I just have to get a minute to make them.

Phew finally made it here. I've been so busy today. I've been sorting out a new smartphone and network, upgrading my broadband cooking a chicken breast to slice up and freeze, reading instructions on the new chair Johns got me, plus other things got some repairs to do on my email accounts as well. Didn't think I'd get to any of my forums today but just come out of the shower so thought I'd nip in here before I have to sort my hair out and put my pj's on.

Anyway, I've been with Vodafone for years but lately I've not been happy, and getting fed up with dropped connections and round here at best 2G is the best speed. So I thought I'd give BT a try, at present I've got a Windows phone, the Lumia 830 but having a quick look at Vodafone if I want another Windows phone without having to pay anything for it I'd be offered one that was not as good a spec, it would still cost me £22.00 a month.

I may have done the wrong thing but there are a lot of apps I want but can't get on a Windows phone. Anyway I've ordered an iPhone 5s and getting a bigger allowance plan but it will only cost me £17.00 a month. Kelly and Peter have the same phones now.

I've upgraded my broadband speed from Infinity 1 which is up to 52Mbps, I usually get just below 50Mbps, to Infinity 2 with speeds up to 76, the confirmation email said my speed would be between 74 and 80Mbps with guaranteed speed of 68Mbps. Prices are going up from the 2nd of April but my cost will only be a couple of pounds more than it is now with my discount deleted from the cost.

John's got me a reclining chair, it's not a new one but from the Air Ambulance charity shop and they have really good stuff. He'd gone the other day to look what they had but they were in the process of taking delivery of several pieces of furniture, he said they had a new bed some reclining chairs and several other pieces but nothing had been sorted out as they were still taking delivery of items. He went into Tenby this morning to get some things for himself and called in the shop again. He got a reclining chair, it was officially tested etc. and he said in very good condition and the colour would match in with the colour of the living room. He paid £110 for it, it will be delivered on Tuesday and they will take the couch I use at present. I'll upload a picture of the instruction book that comes with it, he brought that back with it so we could get to know the workings of it so don't take any notice of the colour on the front cover.
WP_20170218_13_46_10_Pro.jpg

Ha ha how's the new phone going Joan? I used to have an iPhone years ago but really struggled with connectivity issues so gave up with it in the end. Hans got an iPhone and she loves hers, apparently all the kids have them now so you're definitely down with the kids as they say. :wink:

I love the new chair it looks very comfortable and certainly great comfort for you and your ailments, I bet you cannot wait to put your feet up!

Off to get a few supplies now so I'll be back in a bit. :D

I don't get the phone till Tuesday, I don't really need a mobile for calls but wanted to get one that took good photos and Kelly said hers did, it has the same specs for the camera as my Lumia more or less plus I can get some of the apps I can't get on a Windows phone that I want to use.

Yes it does look comfortable, John was trying it out in the shop going through all the controls. They had another one that was slightly different but he said that looked a bit smaller so he thought it wouldn't be any good. I need room to allow my arms and elbows to move freely while I'm knitting so it would be no good having one that closes around me too much.

I'm looking forward as well to the extra speed I'm going to get starting Wednesday, well the only ones that will get the best out of it are John and my desktop because they connect via Ethernet to the router, everything else connects via wireless.

I do like the camera phones they are fab and take some cracking pictures. I take most of my cake piccies now with my phone as it's always to hand and it takes really good photos. Even if some come out a little dark I just alter them on the pc and then crop them to what size I need. Jon says I need to get rid of some of mine as I have LOTS and I mean LOTS of cake pics. Well I do have to get the right angle!

Lol, I would have paid money to see John trying your chair out in the shop, feet up feet down. :p Ah yes I like his thoughts, a roomy chair with slouch space and elbow space. I don't like sitting in a chair that hugs me I always want to sprawl.

So this is the second chair he's bought you now, is he after something? He bought you the wheely one for doing your washing and now this, either you're being very good to him or he's got his eye on something. :wink:

I don't know, perhaps he's finally getting some feelings. :roflmao:

It's actually the third one he's bought me, the first was the right height for the work surfaces and had a back but it was on a fixed leg, it could swivel but not move about unless you got off and moved it, it was not very easy. He then got me one that was on castors and swivelled but was not high enough to reach the work surfaces, that is the one I use for getting things in and out of the washing machine and the tumble dryer, plus it's just the right height when low to pour the Yorkshire pudding mix into the oven without having to get the tray out of the oven when the fat has melted. I use that one the most, it stays in the kitchen even though it can get in the way sometimes, I sit in there on a Sunday reading my Kindle while cooking the Sunday dinner, it's better than having to keep getting up and down going in and out the living room every 5 minutes. The other one was a stool on castors but not having a back I didn't feel really safe when climbing on and off it. :wink:

I have my chair, I've been playing and I think it's going to be great once I get used to it. I thought it was only a footrest lift and back reclining but it is also a rise and tilt. :D

I know this will need to be turned but here's a picture of it just after I got it.

Joan Chair.jpg

I thought it was a rise and tilt one as my friends mum used to have the same one in beige. So are you putting your feet up and playing with your phone then? I think we need to get you a bell now so you can ring it when you want John to bring you some tea! :p

It's in very good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back