What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been too successful with the fluffy ones. So the ring cake donuts (Sometimes called
Coffee dippers) and I can also glaze or just sprinkle powder sugar on them. Brown sugar works too.
I prefer the plain myself really don't like too much sugar.

For no reason at all I began thinking of my Grandmother's rules

"Take your shoes off and stay awhile ,"

"The first day your visiting your my guest and I will be glad to serve you."
"The second day you are family , Help yourself"

😊

Which type do you make Thomas, ring or filled? I love fresh jam doughnuts covered in sugar. 😋

Oh, my word that's the only thing I want right now!

@thomaseg1 how did they turn out?

I love glace doughnuts, chocolate ones, sprinkle ones and then the traditional jam ones. I'm salivating just thinking about these! 😛

Oh, my word that's the only thing I want right now!

@thomaseg1 how did they turn out?

I love glace doughnuts, chocolate ones, sprinkle ones and then the traditional jam ones. I'm salivating just thinking about these! 😛
I know I made myself feel hungry just talking about them, especially as there's nothing I could do about it.

How are you managing for getting flour Angie, I know Kelly is having problems getting any which is a problem especially when one of the activities with the kids is baking.

I've sworn off most sweets, cakes, pies. Thank goodness for Sugar Free Fat Free Jello Chocolate Instant pudding. 120 calories, 10g carbs, zero sugar. And tastes like chocolate pudding! I'd be hard pressed to ever do regular pudding again.

A Guy

I know I made myself feel hungry just talking about them, especially as there's nothing I could do about it.

How are you managing for getting flour Angie, I know Kelly is having problems getting any which is a problem, especially when one of the activities with the kids is baking.

At the minute Joan I've stopped baking, purely because we are struggling to get butter and eggs and I know flour is hard to come by. So rather than use it for baking we're just using it to survive. Plus I don't like the idea of me using loads and some poor person not getting any. (I cannot get Heinz spaghetti from anywhere at the moment, and the factory is only down the road from us!)

As you know, we cannot go out to the shops for food, and we are reliant on what we get delivered, so I daren't use extra portions for baking even though I need cake in my life and everyone is going crazy for it. 🍰 🍰 🍰 🍰

@A Guy, I would love to have lots of sweets and cakes in my life, but at the minute I have none. Your pudding is sounding very appealing even though I do everything full fat. :p

I know it's hard getting hold of flour although I did manage to get a box of my usual flour in my last delivery. It's a good job as there's none available this week and no Self Raising at all and that's the one Kelly wants. The only one Tesco have at present is the gluten and wheat free one but she said no to that just keep trying for the normal to come back online.

May I suggest something I do?
Local farms here will sell directly to you if you are willing to pick it up yourself.
I haven't bought eggs, milk ,cheese or sometimes pork and bacon in a grocery store in years.
even flour . The farmer has even started making his own bread.

For fun today I made fruit pops using some fruit juices , though I didn't like the kiwi pop.
Simple ice cube tray toothpicks and fruit juice and a freezer :)
Helps with cabin fever and healthy too.

May I suggest something I do?
Local farms here will sell directly to you if you are willing to pick it up yourself.
I haven't bought eggs, milk ,cheese or sometimes pork and bacon in a grocery store in years.
even flour . The farmer has even started making his own bread.

For fun today I made fruit pops using some fruit juices , though I didn't like the kiwi pop.
Simple ice cube tray toothpicks and fruit juice and a freezer :)
Helps with cabin fever and healthy too.
A few problems there though is where I live is a coastal village which makes it a tourist area.

The farms around are mainly grazing for sheep the few farmers who keep cattle do it for the meat industry.
As I'm a disabled pensioner even if we did have anywhere near that we could buy from I don't leave the house and hubby is not in the best of health plus we're on lockdown because of the virus. He's not a meat eater anyway although he's not a vegetarian either, he likes chicken and fish, he's actually a nightmare to feed as he's diabetic as well.

I used to do a lot of my own cooking and baking but I'm not able to these days as I can't stand for long and just moving a small distance I can't breathe and bending up and down to use an oven has the same effect.

Felt like doing something different today

Had some angelfood cake mix and baked it thin on a cookies pan
When done it was about 1/4 inch thick
cut it into long ribbons about 2 inches wide by 8 inches long
spread blackberry , Grape, Apple and strawberry Jelly on the strips
And rolled them into Jelly rolls

Not really done anything today, but that's not unusual, apart from cook our mid-day meal sausage casserole and dumplings followed by jelly and ice-cream.

I'm sitting here watching Countryfile which will be followed by One World all together at home while I'm visiting my various places on the Internet. 😀

Yes it was Bill. 😂

I occasionally lose track of what day it is, I've started to strike through the days on the calendar so I know where I am but this was happening before the lockdown so I blame old age. 🤣

Yes it was Bill. 😂

I occasionally lose track of what day it is, I've started to strike through the days on the calendar so I know where I am but this was happening before the lockdown so I blame old age. 🤣

I worked nights at the newspaper here for forty years. I still have to check twice to figure out what day it is. 🤣

Hi guys! Lol! Yes, it's me, so I'm back to home-schooling trying to sort stuff for the new house, trying to work and trying to get on here! Oh my life, so I've missed the fact @Joan had jelly and icecream - Oh wow, I haven't had that since being a kid, but I loved jelly with carnation cream. Hmmmmmmm! 😛

@A Guy, I'm glad you had the pants on. 🤣 I'm still trying to find the time to wash my hair so at the minute I'm starting to resemble Beetlejuice! It's driving me mad, but I just haven't had a chance to sort it yet. We get the post through the door, so it doesn't matter if I'm wearing any pants or not although as soon as it comes through the door, we open it, bin the envelope and then let it breathe for a few days before I touch it.

I had to do some last-minute accounts this morning, cannot buy folders for my new accounts year yet and are still relying on the delivery service for our shopping as we can't go out because John is high risk.

I've run out of pies, and I can only get them from Tesco. @thomaseg1 you're so lucky to be able to get supplies from the farmer. We used to go to the farm shop for supplies, but it's about a 20 minute drive from where we live, and the last time we went it was rammed with people. They did move over to telephone orders, but then they eventually shut up shop. We are now buying supermarket meat which is nowhere near as good but fewer people have handled it, and it's delivered straight to the door so until we're allowed out that is all we have at the minute.

@A Guy how you doing on the shopping front?

@Joan are you still getting your ordered meals you were buying online?

I'm now struggling with what we can have at tea time because we're literally down to getting pretty much chicken and some mincemeat. I made spaghetti bolognese last night for tea, but it's now becoming a real struggle of what things we can all eat together. 🤔

Yes Angie still getting the meals, got my order in last night for a delivery on Wednesday.

We had one each last night, John had the Provençale Vegetable Bake and I had Beef Hotpot, minced beef in gravy topped with parsley potatoes served with green beans and carrots, the potatoes are diced up small. We followed that with the rest of the jelly with ice cream. I buy the Carte D'or Vanilla ice cream. I do have some tins of Carnation in my cupboard.😉

We'll both probably have the Plaice with boiled potatoes and peas tomorrow, I just mix up some parsley sauce to go with it.

I did get an email from them to tell me they are carrying on as normal as possible but have taken a few of the meals off line so they can concentrate on the more popular ones, one they've taken off was a favourite of mine, the Pork in apple and cider sauce. :disappointed:

You mentioning not able to buy new folders for the accounts, John was having that problem with the accounts he does, mind you the business has had to close for the time being but he still has the VAT return to send and pay people, but it will be a case of forgetting 2020 and hoping next year will be better. The business is only open from the middle of March till the middle of November anyway so this year will be a huge loss.

Spent most of the day on Skype
Alice is still complaining about the $50 littering ticket she got for
Tossing paper airplanes out her 4th story apartment 😄
Jenny is still studying hard .
Mary and Todd are pulling their hair out keeping Shelly entertained:)
Tigger the Cat perked up when he heard Shelly's voice even pawed the screen.
Around here its the same-o same-o
Though the Governor of Georgia is considering allowing Beauty salons to reopen.

I didn't go shopping this Monday as I had enough of everything for 2 weeks. I could have done that before but worried I may eat most of what I have, then go shopping to find things I want are missing. But last few weeks they had just about everything, so figured I'd chance it, Lol

A Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back