What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over here. after the fiasco of people stockpile shopping the stores have set a limit of how many items you can have. You can only have 3 of one thing and my online grocery shop is limited to 80 items per shop. That's ok as I never have that many in my trolley, I shop with them once weekly.

The only problem is that the other store that does delivery to us, there are only 2, I only use them once every couple of months or so, so with them, I'll perhaps order 6 of one item which I know will last till the next time I shop with them. They have now put a restriction on the number of each and set it to 3 per item.

The problem with that is that you have to spend a set figure or else you have to pay another charge on top of the delivery charge and it's not cheap. I do a smaller shop with them because there are certain things they have which my main shop don't sell plus the delivery comes from a smaller store so they don't have the range that their larger city stores have. 😟

Well something else to worry about now, John has been put on insulin. When he went in the surgery this morning he had to leave a list of the last few test readings. The nurse rang a bit later and she'd spoken to the hospital and they said his sugar levels were too high and they weren't happy, he had to go back to the surgery and get all the new kit, there's still another item he has to have, can't remember what it is now but it's what is usually used in hospitals but as he's not allowed to go there at present he'll have one at home.

He's got to get a diabetic ID device and some dextrose tablets to carry with him all the time, they did mention jelly babies which he prefers as he likes them so that's something to put on my Tesco delivery.

He's now got to let the DVLA and his insurance know, he's getting more like his dad the older he gets I just hope he doesn't follow him too far as when he went on insulin he went downhill and then stopped eating which of course led to his death.

It never rains but it pours, oh well as the film said Carry on Regardless. 😂

How people react to insulin is a toss up.
With my Mom , it perked her right up and made her more active.
Though she does get upset at all she HAS to eat now, Even complained yesterday
about weighing 106 lbs.
She has had a couple of hospital stays for low blood sugar and has to carry an insulin pen
with her when she goes out.

Hubby's problems aren't low sugar Thomas, he's got high blood sugars he was on medication for it before but obviously they aren't working. A lot of it though is due to the cat bite, with the infection that set in it sent his blood sugars and blood pressure all over the place, the hospital was worried about it when they kept him in and they were pumping him with antibiotics then coming along to take his levels every couple of hours throughout the night.

They did tell him that the bite would take months to heal fully, he has to go to the surgery twice a week to have it dressed.

I emailed my Doc because my 90 day followup A1C test is coming. I said I assume it's best to skip it, but if so I need my meds refilled. He said they will email them, and he'll see me in the summer. I gave up all the sweets, the high carbs, more fiber, etc. I've lost 12 pounds, so sure the numbers have improved without too much drama on my part

My Mom is in the hospital, she's 85. She went in last week with severe pain, they thought gall stone, but she had infections, so they needed to get those under control. Sent her home 2 days ago. My middle bro went up to stay with her for a couple days. She didn't want to eat or drink anything. My bro called the nurse and she said bring her to ER. They wouldn't let my bro come in. Said her vitals are OK, so hopefully they keep her until she's stronger. She's a retired nurse, and her medical is just about 100% covered...thank goodness

A Guy

Hand washing song infographic generator

Brilliant! Here's one I made

y2oVXlB.png

A Guy

Sorry to hear your Mother isn't doing too well Bill hopefully them keeping her in will allow her to get fully fit again.
Glad to hear your health is good, the doctor phoned hubby this morning and was pleased when he told him his sugars had gone down. Trouble is when he took the reading after his breakfast it was back up to 30 so we're just hoping it means it needs a couple of days taking it for his body to settle down.
I hope so I don't need any more worries.

@A Guy, Okay, I'd never heard the song for the hand wash so I couldn't sing along to it, I've now attached it and think they sound a little like the band Rush.

I'm currently having a bit of a bonkers weeks, a bit like you guys, so I'll check in proper tomorrow. Homeschooling has now finished for this week, so I can at least get back to posting and trying to get some work done over the weekend, she says!

I did see Jelly Babies in the post @Joan, ooh you guys have all the good stuff, not had them in years!

Ooh and last but not least, Hi @thomaseg1 😊

I'm sat here home-schooling as we speak! 😂 😂 😂

Our home-schooling has now evolved, I've decided that as I can't get any work done and Han's getting fed up sitting on her own that we will sit together in the kitchen so I can teach her and then try and get some work done at the same time. That way, she can ask me stuff when she's stuck, and I can at least get near a PC to get things done.

I've managed to do some accounts this morning and now finally got to be on here. 😁
We had the shopping order this morning, so that's all wiped down and put away, we've been for our daily walk even though I hobbled because I got my small toe stuck in my watch this morning when trying to put my socks on and I've damaged it in some way. It was bleeding all over the place this morning, but I don't want to see how badly I've damaged it. 🙈

Now Han keeps asking me if she's finished for the day. She's lurking in the fridge for things; I think just to waste time until 3 pm when school should be over. She's now up at the window, I think she thinks I haven't noticed. 🤣🤣🤣

I hope you guys are having a much better day; I'm just happier at least I get to ask you. 😍

Oh dear you aren't having a very good day are you, I have to ask though how on earth did your watch get connected to your sock. 😲

I know a little toe can bleed badly as I quite often hit mine on either the bedroom door or the wardrobe corner in the night when I have to get up. Hope it's not too bad. 😘

What you mean because I cannot put my socks on without injury. 🤣 In my defence, I was stood up when putting them on so as I pushed my foot into the sock it got stuck in my watch. I didn't fall over so at least that was something. 😂

I might not be able to dress properly, but I am qualified to teach so in answer to your question 'Yes'. 🤓

We're working through her timetable that she has for school, her teachers are sending work via emails, and we're just winging it on what she needs to do. As the weeks go on, the better we seem to be getting, it's like having a little assistant by my side. Although she's already telling me it's break time (recess). 😝

At least you've only got 1 to teach, I wouldn't want to be Kelly as she has 3 of them all different ages at different stages. 1 of them is newly at secondary school but he has learning difficulties which doesn't help, plus she has to work as well with students in different time zones.
She seems to be managing but I expect she'll be glad when they're all back at school ,

We're working through her timetable that she has for school, her teachers are sending work via emails, and we're just winging it on what she needs to do. As the weeks go on, the better we seem to be getting, it's like having a little assistant by my side. Although she's already telling me it's break time (recess). 😝

That's how Jenny is receiving her lessons, problem is she goes through them so quick, I made s suggestion to the
Head Teacher to adjust to learning curves and add more or additional things for extra credit.

Did do to much today but Take a walk along the River (There's a Path and Park about 5 miles long)
It was quiet no one around (guess folks haven't thought of that yet) plenty of social distance.
Managed almost a mile with frequent stops before I had to give up, but it was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back