What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I finished watching all the Dark Shadows Episodes,
Worked on my garden, spray cleaned my car of Pollen as well as the roof,
Mowed the lawn (Riding lawn mower)
Right now rebuilding an ole Pentium computer just for the heck of it .
Ran out to the farm for eggs , bacon, cheese, and some home made bread.
Keeping busy

Shopping yesterday at 6 am again. Maybe 10 people waiting when they opened. Looked most normal since this started. A few things I normally get not in stock, but better

A Guy

I have home delivery but I know the supermarkets over here have put measures in place to only allow so many people inside at a time and markings down so people can keep a safe distance away from each other.

They also have put a limit on the number of items of one item you can buy while doing your shopping. The home delivery have also got limits set and the driver told me last week that the tills are set up so that if the delivery try to buy things not usually bought it will throw a flag up just in case your card has been stolen or your details are being used fraudulently.

They have set aside times that are just for the elderly available to shop and others just for NHS workers to shop.

Some stores are restricting the number of items you can buy. We play about every time we order because we put so many things in and then it will restrict it and say you have exceeded the limit. I think you can have so many kitchen items, so many breads or crumpets wraps, then washing items. I think it's so everyone has a fair shot at it. The only problem now is the advanced orders have no stock of toilet roll, kitchen roll or wipes etc.

@thomaseg1 wow, you're definitely keeping yourself busy. I think I may wash the car next week to give me something to do and a bit of fresh air.

No walk for us today as it's been raining so hopefully if it's nice we can get out tomorrow.

Rain? Can you keep it up there please, for the last week we've had sunshine everyday, ok it's still cold but having the sun showing it really lifts your spirits. 😀

Found a pretzel making machine in my closet, mixed up some batter.
Didn't turn out too bad even without much salt
Never did like the really salty ones.

Before you turn your nose up, you should at least try it 😊

My daughter called chiding me on teaching my Grandaughter bad habits.
She said Shelly insisted on having a Peanut Butter and Banana sandwich.
Actually chunky peanut butter and sliced bananas on wheat bread.

Nothing wrong with it high protein all around:)

I don't know about the peanut butter as I've never had it, but banana sandwiches I loved, sliced on brown bread and butter with a sprinkling of sugar on top. 😋

Well since your pretty much shut in , time to try stuff.
Just pulled coffee cake in cupcake holders out of the oven.
Planning on spaghetti O's for dinner, cooked up some sliced hotdogs to mix in.

firefox has a new dark mode add on . Options/extensions/ scroll down and you will find it.

not perfect though

Lol! Aww Bill @A Guy , you know I love TBBT, I'd forgotten how much Sheldon loves his Spaghetti. I may watch it all the way through again in we keep staying in! 😂

@thomaseg1 - I like that you are educating Shelly with your Culinary skills. I love Pretzels; I always get them when I visit the states. I'm not a lover of peanut butter, but I do get the banana sandwiches. Although @Joan, there is no need to add sugar to them. That reminds me of when my Dad used to tell me of years gone by when they ate sugar butties. :)

The peanut butter is a slow-release carb, and the Banana is one of her five a day, so that's good in my book. My friend has Peanut butter on toast, and she says it covers her appetite for the whole morning.

@thomaseg1 - Thanks for the shot of the dark mode, I haven't seen the site like that before.

It's been a while since I had banana sandwiches and I wouldn't put sugar on them now, the only thing that has sugar put on it is my morning cornflakes. 🤣

Do you have hot cornflakes in the winter? Can you still get Cornflakes? 😂
No, I don't have them hot, they have to be with cold straight out of the fridge milk and I have to eat them straight away, I don't like them soggy. 😂

Here's what it's come to, you couldn't have written this stuff. Spent several hours making this today out of a microfiber towel

I'll never get my sewing badge, but it will do until I get mine from Amazon (4/21 to 5/6)

A Guy

Well it seems I am well off 200 n-95 masks
4 boxes of 100 nitrile gloves
I bought back when I was working and actually stored properly.
Found while cleaning my workshop.

I decided to put a box of gloves and dozen masks in my mailbox for the mail lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back