What's new

Today: Hello there...what have you been up to? 2022 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a colour I like and it suits me, I knit with lots of different colours and it's a pattern that can be knitted in this ply of yarn. :)

Same here but we've got the rain as well, not the best day for me as I have to sort the rubbish out for collection tomorrow in this weather. I have to do it before I have my dinner tonight or I'll really struggle. :eyeroll:

Oh no, did you manage to sort it out? I was hoping it would be sunny yesterday, but it rained all the time, so no such luck.

Yes, I managed it, it does take me most of the day to do it as I can only do a bit at a time. It's a good job I have a doorstep collection but I still have to put the stuff just so it shows around the corner so it can be seen from the road.

That's a turn-up for the books. I should have had my Wiltshire Farmfoods delivery yesterday but it didn't turn up. Doorbell just been rung and it's my order. Apparently, they had been hacked and it took out their system worldwide, the driver said I was one of the lucky ones to have my meals delivered, but we had to sort it out as everything I ordered had been doubled up and a couple of my puddings were missing. :eyeroll: Never a dull moment in this house. 🤣

Aww, well at least you got fed. 😂 Did you not take the doubled order and put them in your freezer until they get their system sorted? It's a shame about the puddings because I know how much you like them. Will you be able to get a normal order next week when they get things back up and running again?

I just took the items I'd ordered, I'll phone my order in for next week that way I'll get my refund back. The way it works is if you order online, which is the way I usually do it, you are ordering through head office and they pass the order over to the franchise who delivers to your area, which for me is Carmarthen.
If you have a refund you have to phone in to get it paid back because it's head office who have the records.

I just took the items I'd ordered, I'll phone my order in for next week that way I'll get my refund back. The way it works is if you order online, which is the way I usually do it, you are ordering through head office and they pass the order over to the franchise who delivers to your area, which for me is Carmarthen.
If you have a refund you have to phone in to get it paid back because it's head office who have the records.

Ooh right, so they have one central ordering place and then distribute the orders 'in the area'. Did they charge you twice for the doubled-up order, or did they just send double the amount?

They just sent double the amount, I phoned my order for next week in today. The girl on the phone said they were more or less back to normal but I was doing the sensible thing by phoning in my order, she said they should have all the kinks worked out this weekend.
The Summer catalogue is out now so there are a few new dishes.

Ooh, new exciting flavours on the menu. I can't wait to hear what else you're going to be trying out. Summer meals are always a bit of a pain because of the heat. I much prefer making proper hearty meals with variation. You never know you might give me some inspiration.

Well I haven't studied it fully yet and the meals I have in my favourites are more than enough at the moment to keep me happy.

A lot of the chicken meals I won't touch because they have brussel sprouts with them and it's no use me just taking them out as the whole meal would be tainted with the smell and taste of them.

They had brought one of them out early and I do like that one, it's the beef and dumpling red wine stew, chunks of beef with courgette, peppers and red onion in a red wine gravy, served with mashed potatoes green beans, broccoli and a dumpling. :loveit:

A lot of the chicken meals I won't touch because they have brussel sprouts with them and it's no use me just taking them out as the whole meal would be tainted with the smell and taste of them.
nod.gif

A Guy

Well I haven't studied it fully yet and the meals I have in my favourites are more than enough at the moment to keep me happy.

They had brought one of them out early and I do like that one, it's the beef and dumpling red wine stew, chunks of beef with courgette, peppers and red onion in a red wine gravy, served with mashed potatoes green beans, broccoli and a dumpling. :loveit:

So you still have what I call 'proper meals' then in the summer. We tend to opt for wraps, sandwiches or light meals in the summer because everything else is just too hot or heavy. I totally agree on the sprouts, though. I'm not a fan either.

Speaking of tea, I'm off to make it in a second. I'm making Panini's tonight.

I had my Beef stew and dumpling tonight followed by strawberries and cream. Yes I still have proper meals in the summer I'm not really into modern eating habits, pasta, etc. perhaps it was the way I was brought up. I don't remember my Mum doing anything fancy, she didn't bake, the only pudding she made was rice pudding with a sprinkle of nutmeg on top.

As a kid I would swallow Brussel sprouts whole so I didn't have to chew them :D

A Guy

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Now that Han's finished school, my schedule is all over the place. This week we've been making toppers for an upcoming cake and doing a little experimenting with a few cake things.

She's been out today with her friend, so I've managed to get 10 minutes on here doing stuff behind the scenes.

I'm now off to make some tea. I never stop, lol, tell a lie, well today I don't any way that's for sure! I can actually catch up on normal everyday things that have been slacking on. I really need to sort out a new routine. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back