What's new

Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial (1 Viewer)

If you are looking for a silky smooth fudge with no boiling involved, then this is the stuff for you. This creamy melt in the mouth Mini Egg Fudge is extremely easy to make and tastes delicious too. Moreover, it doesn't take long to make, and your family and friends will adore it! Here is the step by step tutorial showing you how to make it.

How to make Mini Egg Fudge​

Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake 1 (2) (Medium).jpg

Ingredients​

• 400 Grams - White Chocolate
  • 397 Grams - Condensed Milk
  • 160 Grams - Mini Eggs
Note: I used 400 grams of Callebaut Belgian White Chocolate, Carnation Condensed Milk, and 80 Gram Bags of Cadbury's Mini Eggs.​

Mini Egg Tutorial by Help Me Bake (2) (Medium).jpg

Equipment​

• Medium Pan
  • Spatula or Wooden Spoon
  • Hob
  • Zip Lock/ Sealed Plastic Bag
  • Small Rolling Pin
  • Chopping Board
  • Sharp Knife
  • 8-inch Tin
  • Can/Tin Opener
  • Non-Stick Baking Paper

Method​

1 Line your tin with baking paper and place it to one side.

1 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
1A Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

2 Weigh out your 400 grams of white chocolate and place it in the pan. If you are using a large bar, break the chocolate into pieces before placing it in the pan.

6 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

3 Carefully open the can of condensed milk with your tin opener and then pour it into the pan. (Leave the pan to one side for a moment).

7 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
8 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

4 Weigh out half your Mini Eggs and place them into your zip lock bag. Ensure there is no air in the bag and seal it. (If there is air in the bag and you whack it full force with your rolling pin, the bag will explode, and you'll be wearing the mini eggs, so you have been warned. 😊)

3 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

5 Place the bag on your chopping board and then bash the mini eggs with the rolling pin. Do this until the eggs have crumbled/crushed and are in pieces. Then place to one side.

4 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
5 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

6 Now, place the pan on your hob on a medium heat. (I used no 5 on my hob). Please ensure you heat the white chocolate gently. If the temperature is too high, it may burn, or seize and become lumpy so please be careful.

9 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
7 Using a spatula, stir the white chocolate and condensed milk together until they become silky in texture. This took about 5 mins. (I wasn't really keeping an eye on the clock, I was more about watching the chocolate, ensuring it mixed together). Once this happens (it looks like a thick silky custard), remove it from the heat. (If you find your mixture is a bit thin, beat slightly with a wooden spoon to thicken up).

10 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
11 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
12 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
You can see it's also going slightly paler in colour.​
14 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

8 Now take the crushed up mini eggs, sprinkle half the bag into the pan, and lightly stir in.

15 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
16 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

9 Add the remainder of the bag and lightly stir that in.

17 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

10 Now, pour the mix into the lined tin and remove any remaining in the pan with the spatula.

18 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

11 Shake the tin to allow the mixture to settle into the corners.

19 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
12 Then, start adding the remaining mini eggs to the top of the mixture.

20 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
21 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

13 Leave to cool on the work surface until it returns to room temperature. You can check this by placing your hand on the bottom of the tin to feel if it's warm. Please DO NOT put it in the fridge while the mixture is still hot/warm. If you do, it will raise the temperature inside the fridge and start ruining all your other chilled goods.

22 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

14 Only when it's fully cooled should you place it in your fridge to chill. If you do place it in the fridge, be sure to put it in an airtight container or cover it with clingfilm so that it doesn't pick up any fridge smells or dry out.

15 I placed mine in the fridge for about 1 hr 45 mins. I then took it out and cut it into chunks on a chopping board. The fudge was soft enough to cut but hard enough to hold its shape when I cut into it.

23 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
I tried cutting it in the tin first to see if it was 'set' enough to cut.​
24 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
I then fully removed the baking paper and started to cut chunks on the chopping board.​
26 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
25 Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
Mini Egg Fudge Tutorial by Help Me Bake 1 (1) (Medium).jpg
You'll get around 20 pieces of fudge from this recipe, depending on the size and shape you cut them.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back