What's new

BSG - Branch Mini Dems (2 Viewers)

This month's BSG branch meeting was all about the mini dems' whoop whoop. As I've said before, this is one of my favourite meetings, as we learn many different skills and techniques in one go.

The great thing is all the demonstrators have individual skill sets, so there's always something to learn or discover. Each topper is a shape, so once you've got that down, the rest of the piece is down to personal touches.

Nicola made this fabulous Kawaii-themed Bacon on Toast with tomato ketchup. This fun and friendly design would be a hit with multiple generations and foodies and isn't that time-consuming either. Nicola showed us how each piece was made and how to enhance and texture each one. The additional splodges of ketchup make it for me, as do the cute faces that the kawaii range seems to have.

Nicola's Kawaii Themed Bacon on Toast (Medium).jpg

Christine then demonstrated how to make this adorable sitting bear with a balloon. She taught us different technique variations during the demo and advised us how to adapt the body to a boy bear with a tie or make it into a rabbit, elephant, or baby if we wanted to modify the piece.

Christine's Teddy Topper (Medium).jpg

Lesley created these fabulous mice themed on an image she'd found online. I have seen Lesley's work before and like how she sculpts her pieces. It's not a technique I have seen before, but it is something she does that gives her pieces that extra special touch.

Lesley's Mice Toppers (Medium).jpg

Again, thank you, ladies, for a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon and lots of skills learned.

If you are interested in cake decorating and want to find your local branch meetings. Then please use the link below.

Related Posts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back