I found the leopard print edible cake wrap while searching for a unique cake covering for one of my daughter's 18th birthday cake tiers. It isn't something I've ever used before and is a new product to me that I haven't yet tried. After ordering the cake wrap from Sugar Fables on Etsy, here are my insights into the product.
- Victoria, the seller, notified me when the package had been dispatched.
- The sheets were sent in an A4 Do Not Bend Envelope.
- The leopard print edible cake wrap sheets were packaged separately inside a cellophane see-through sleeve and had backing sheets on each.
- The instructions inside explain clearly how to use the product.
- Where to store it.
- How to get the best out of the product.
- Videos on YouTube where you can see how it's used.
- The quality of the cake wrap is thick enough to handle and bend without tearing.
- The colour of the wrap is vibrant.
- The sheets are dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free and FSA compliant.
- They are easy to cut and shape.
- The leopard print design measures 25.5 cm x 20 cm or 10" x 7.9".
- The leopard design is printed on an A4 sheet of edible paper, but it doesn't cover the whole A4 sheet as it has white margins that may need to be trimmed off. (I left the base margin on my cake wrap sheets and the thick margin on the first piece so I could overlay and piece onto another sheet of edible wrap to make the join).
- When you stick the topper to your cake, joins and overlay may occur. (I used Piping Gel to stick the wrap to my icing/fondant-covered tier).
- I trimmed off just over an inch of the cake wrap on the longest side and used this to fill in the gaps on either side of the cake where the sheets didn't meet.
- My cake tier was 7-inch x 3-inch high, so I ordered two full A4 sheets of edible cake wrap to ensure full coverage of the entire tier.
- The two full A4 sheets covered my tier with a few little square pieces left over. (These are great for taste testing).
- Covering a cake tier.
- Cut into shapes and used as cupcake toppers.
Overall, I was very pleased with the product, found it easy to use, and it tasted quite nice, too. After using the product, I wanted to see the wider range of designs in their collection and found that they seem to have a wrap for every occasion. What's more, after a quick view of their Instagram page, I discovered that their mother is not only a South African botanical artist featured in worldwide botanical art shows but much of her work can be found in many of their beautiful cake wrap designs!
If you want to buy or view any of their products, please use the links below.