What's new

How to make S'mores Tutorial - Microwave Method (1 Viewer)

If you've ever wanted to whip up those ooey-gooey marshmallow treats that our American friends love so much, well, now you can.

Not only have I put together a quick and easy S'mores tutorial. But you can make a batch of them in a matter of minutes without the need for a bonfire! Having said that, if you are aiming for authenticity, then you can char them using a kitchen blow torch, although that bit's entirely optional.

(Please note that children should be supervised by an adult at all times whilst making these).

S'mores by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Ingredients/Equipment

S'mores by Help Me Bake 0 (Medium).jpg
  • Chocolate Digestive Biscuits
  • Marshmallows
  • Butter Knife/Skewer
  • Small Plates
  • Kitchen Blow Torch (Optional)

Method

Remove the chocolate digestives from their packaging and place them on a small plate. You will need two biscuits per s'more.​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 2 (Medium).jpg

Then, take some marshmallows out of their packaging and place them on a separate plate. Place them in the microwave for approximately 15-20 seconds on full power. (Please note that they expand and increase in size when you do this). Then, remove them and place them on the side.​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 7 (1) (Medium).jpg

S'mores by Help Me Bake 3 (Medium).jpg

You can then use either a knife or skewer to transfer them onto the chocolate biscuits.​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 8 (Medium).jpg

You can see by the pictures how gooey they are.​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 4 (Medium).jpg

Once the marshmallow is on the chocolate, take the other chocolate biscuit and place it on top, sandwiching the marshmallow in between.​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 9 (Medium).jpg

Repeat the process with your other melted marshmallows until you have the required amount,​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 6 (Medium).jpg

This is where you can leave the s'mores or make them more authentic.​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 10 (Medium).jpg

For authentic s'mores, take a kitchen blow torch.​

S'mores Blow Torch by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Place it on a short flame and very carefully toast the edges of your marshmallow.​

S'more Blow Torch 1 by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

This gives them that charred, authentic look.​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 11 (Medium).jpg

S'mores by Help Me Bake 12 (Medium).jpg

And there you have it, beautifully toasted s'mores.​

Troubleshooting

Now, even though I have lovely-looking s'mores above, and they are very easy to make, if you don't melt the marshmallow properly, you'll end up with the following issues...

...when s'mores go bad!

I tried torching the marshmallows first attached to a skewer. This only torched the exterior of the marshmallow.

S'mores torching on a skewer by help me bake (Medium).jpg

I then tried torching the marshmallow directly on the biscuit.​

S'mores torching on the biscuit by help me bake (Medium).jpg

Unfortunately, it didn't soften the middle, and I ended up with leftover marshmallow hanging out the sides of the biscuit.​

S'mores troubleshooting by Help me Bake 1 (Medium).jpg

I then tried flattening the marshmallow.​

S'mores flattening the marshmallow on a skewer before torching by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

This didn't work either, as when I sandwiched it between the biscuits, I still had some left on the skewer.​

S'mores flattening the marshmallow and having some left by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
We then used the tea lights method, which was something my daughter had learned how to do at Guides.​
S'mores by Tea Light by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
You can see by the above picture this just charred the exterior and had to be re-heated to try and soften further.​
So, having seen these pics and the things not to do, you'll now be able to make a lovely batch like the ones at the top of the tutorial.​

I hope you have a lot of fun making them.​
Enjoy!​

Last edited:
Hmmm, in the US we're used to two graham crackers sandwiching Hershey's bar and toasted marshmallow

72-smores.jpg

I wouldn't turn down yours though :wink:

A Guy

Thank you. ☺️ It's the first time I've ever had one.

I know our equivalent of a Graham Cracker is a Digestive Biscuit, but to save on buying extra thin chocolate bars and trying to melt everything all at once, the quickest and simplest version was to use the ready-made chocolate biscuits and the marshmallows.

I'm glad you like the look of them though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back