What's new

How to make S'mores Tutorial - Microwave Method (1 Viewer)

If you've ever wanted to whip up those ooey-gooey marshmallow treats that our American friends love so much, well, now you can.

Not only have I put together a quick and easy S'mores tutorial. But you can make a batch of them in a matter of minutes without the need for a bonfire! Having said that, if you are aiming for authenticity, then you can char them using a kitchen blow torch, although that bit's entirely optional.

(Please note that children should be supervised by an adult at all times whilst making these).

S'mores by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg​

Ingredients/Equipment​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 0 (Medium).jpg​
  • Chocolate Digestive Biscuits
  • Marshmallows
  • Butter Knife/Skewer
  • Small Plates
  • Kitchen Blow Torch (Optional)

Method​

Remove the chocolate digestives from their packaging and place them on a small plate. You will need two biscuits per s'more.​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 2 (Medium).jpg​

Then, take some marshmallows out of their packaging and place them on a separate plate. Place them in the microwave for approximately 15-20 seconds on full power. (Please note that they expand and increase in size when you do this). Then, remove them and place them on the side.​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 7 (1) (Medium).jpg​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 3 (Medium).jpg​

You can then use either a knife or skewer to transfer them onto the chocolate biscuits.​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 8 (Medium).jpg​

You can see by the pictures how gooey they are.​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 4 (Medium).jpg​

Once the marshmallow is on the chocolate, take the other chocolate biscuit and place it on top, sandwiching the marshmallow in between.​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 9 (Medium).jpg​

Repeat the process with your other melted marshmallows until you have the required amount,​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 6 (Medium).jpg​

This is where you can leave the s'mores or make them more authentic.​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 10 (Medium).jpg​

For authentic s'mores, take a kitchen blow torch.​

S'mores Blow Torch by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg​

Place it on a short flame and very carefully toast the edges of your marshmallow.​

S'more Blow Torch 1 by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg​

This gives them that charred, authentic look.​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 11 (Medium).jpg​

S'mores by Help Me Bake 12 (Medium).jpg​

And there you have it, beautifully toasted s'mores.​

Troubleshooting​

Now, even though I have lovely-looking s'mores above, and they are very easy to make, if you don't melt the marshmallow properly, you'll end up with the following issues...​

...when s'mores go bad!​

I tried torching the marshmallows first attached to a skewer. This only torched the exterior of the marshmallow.​

S'mores torching on a skewer by help me bake (Medium).jpg​

I then tried torching the marshmallow directly on the biscuit.​

S'mores torching on the biscuit by help me bake (Medium).jpg​

Unfortunately, it didn't soften the middle, and I ended up with leftover marshmallow hanging out the sides of the biscuit.​

S'mores troubleshooting by Help me Bake 1 (Medium).jpg​

I then tried flattening the marshmallow.​

S'mores flattening the marshmallow on a skewer before torching by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg​

This didn't work either, as when I sandwiched it between the biscuits, I still had some left on the skewer.​

S'mores flattening the marshmallow and having some left by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg​
​
We then used the tea lights method, which was something my daughter had learned how to do at Guides.​
​
S'mores by Tea Light by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg​
​
You can see by the above picture this just charred the exterior and had to be re-heated to try and soften further.​
​
So, having seen these pics and the things not to do, you'll now be able to make a lovely batch like the ones at the top of the tutorial.​

I hope you have a lot of fun making them.​
​
Enjoy!​
​
 
Last edited:
Hmmm, in the US we're used to two graham crackers sandwiching Hershey's bar and toasted marshmallow

72-smores.jpg


I wouldn't turn down yours though ;)

A Guy
 
Thank you. ☺️ It's the first time I've ever had one.

I know our equivalent of a Graham Cracker is a Digestive Biscuit, but to save on buying extra thin chocolate bars and trying to melt everything all at once, the quickest and simplest version was to use the ready-made chocolate biscuits and the marshmallows.

I'm glad you like the look of them though. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top