What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm enjoying the next couple of hours with Sky Arts and The Shadows, got the do not disturb sign up. 😄

Do you know what I don't even know if my solar garden lights are working!

Well seeing as Saturday was supposed to be the hottest day it looked very cloudy from our end, and I've been learning Spanish all weekend with Han. She's got tests at school tomorrow, so we've been getting to grips with all her paragraphs. I've no idea what she says, so I just look at the paper and nod. 😂

Ooh enjoy Sky Arts, I'm currently watching First Dates, and I've started watching The Big Bang Theory.

I did enjoy it Angie, it was when they were on their last tour and it was filmed at Cardiff Arena in 2004. It was on from 3 o'clock till 5.45pm and was great.

How long have you had the lights? Quite often turning them off for a couple of days and letting them fully charge back up again in the sun can get them working, or if they are the type that has a battery you can change I'll do that. It doesn't always work though and they'd have to be replaced. You do have to use rechargeable batteries for them.

You're not actually learning Spanish with her then, how do you know if she gets it right if you don't understand her?

Wondering who this stud is Angie has fondling her fondant
w7nfdHi.gif

P8jHHWC.jpg

A Guy

How long have you had the lights? Quite often turning them off for a couple of days and letting them fully charge back up again in the sun can get them working, or if they are the type that has a battery, you can change I'll do that. It doesn't always work though, and they'd have to be replaced. You do have to use rechargeable batteries for them.

You're not actually learning Spanish with her then, how do you know if she gets it right if you don't understand her?

We got some push in lights last year, but by the time it comes to it being dark I'm pretty much in bed so no idea if they're working or not. We have random ones dotted around the garden, but because the plants are growing so big I've no idea where they are!

Ha ha, no I'm not learning Spanish, although it would be great if I were fluent, I've no idea if she's right, she's had to learn lots of paragraphs for her speaking test, so I just run through the sentences with her that I've photocopied out of her book. I told her that the best way to learn it was to record herself saying it and then listening to it back to herself that way she's drumming it into her brain. It seems to have worked because she's managed to learn a significant amount in a short space of time.

Wondering who this stud is Angie has fondling her fondant
w7nfdHi.gif

P8jHHWC.jpg

A Guy

Lol! Now that would be telling; it's actually me with very manly hands! Ha ha no I have a database of photos that I can use, so they're coming in really handy especially if I don't have a picture for the content I'm writing about. Plus these are a little more professional than mine.

Bit of an all over day today, I got chased by a wasp while trying to bring my shopping in, Han won an award at school today so they had a bit of a ceremony for all the kids and now I'm trying to work on here whilst making tea and doing the washing! It's all sunny so happy days! 😊

Well done to Hannah, what was it for?

Hope you didn't get stung, started off a bit grey this morning but then we got the sun out, still a bit on the chilly side though on some days then really warm on others. Trouble is all this change and uncertainty with the weather is having a bad effect on my health and I'm having a lot of trouble with my breathing these last few days. Still I wake up each morning so it's not all bad. 😄

It was an achievement award for excellent grades, etc.; she got a small trophy which she thought she had to return next year but apparently, they let them keep them. I thought it was dusty so I kept trying to clean it the only thing was it was the marble pattern on the base so I'd have been there all day! 😂

It's very sunny today; I do hope you're feeling a little better, and yes the breathing is a good thing so you need to keep it going. Remember, slow, and steady wins the race. 😊

Yes, it's sunny here again, feeling a little better today, not much but a little.

Trust you, trying to clean the pattern away on Hans trophy. 🤣 I think it's very encouraging when schools do this kind of thing, I think it gives the pupils motivation to do better, well done to Hannah. :)

Glad you are feeling a little better.

I know I'm always cleaning something. I've been out in the garden for the past few days potting lots of plant and flowers to make the patio look a little more inviting. We ended up at B&Q 3 times yesterday because we didn't like the bark we bought and then ran out of slate. I've also been digging out again and got rid of my little tree plants that were just dire. We've now slated over where they were and put some of the potted plants in their place. I must admit it is looking a little better than it was. 😊

Haha, I'm glad he posted that bit because there is a word missing. He didn't half make me giggle though. 🤣

Let me know if you encounter any problems with the site as John has moved it over onto a new server today. We initially had a few issues this morning, and we still have a slight problem to rectify but we're sorting that out. If you notice any bugs or anything, please let me know.

Not noticed anything out of the ordinary so far, didn't realise this place was moving as well, I'd just come here from 10 and seen the thread about moving server.

Lol, yeah, we're on the move too. I'm usually last to go anywhere, but he included me this time, we still have a few kinks to iron out so until they're done I'm building up a lot of posts behind the scenes.

How are you feeling today?

Just the same, I struggle to do anything now but I'm still alive, just. 😄 It's great when I'm just sitting here not moving I feel great and can do wonders, it goes downhill when I get up and move though.

The nurse came this morning and my legs are getting better, got to do another week with the Betnovate cream and see what they're like next week.
Mind you I've been through this before and then using the cream the nurse practitioner gave me just made everything worse. 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back