What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That storage cupboard must be a big one if it's going to be a bathroom. 😂

Ha ha, currently it's an okay size which fits my boxes, but we're knocking through to John's old wardrobe so it can make way for a new bathroom. I'm still trying to work on not having it done and just having an even bigger cupboard all to myself but John's having none of it. :lmao:

I wait to see who wins this one.

It's actually not that much bigger than that at the minute but when we open up the wardrobe it will make a massive difference.

I know he's right but I just want the cupboard. Psst don't tell him though! 🙊

I hope you've had a lovely Mother's Day today Joan.

I have seen both our Mother's and got a lovely card and a box of odd socks from Han so good day all round including the weather! 😁

Yes thanks, didn't get any cards but it doesn't bother me that much as I just think it's another money making gimmick. I don't need cards to know they love me, well my eldest son and youngest daughter do anyway. Had a lovely FaceTime call from my eldest son this afternoon and spoken to Kelly as well.

Why the odd socks?

Aww, that's nice I'm glad you had a good day.

The odd sock thing started at Christmas, Han got a box of them for Christmas which she refuses to wear, so I had them instead, she then got me the same box for my birthday so that I could make proper pairs with them, but I refused and wore them all as odd socks as they were intended. She then got me a different set of odd socks for Mother's Day, so it now it seems to be our thing. :lmao:

😂 I've seen people on TV wearing odd socks, it must be fun, don't wear them often enough to try it. :D

Really, why what do you wear?

I must admit it felt bizarre at first because it seems wrong to be wearing odd socks because it's not something you would typically do; however, I've really embraced it. Once I wore them out in public and openly in Yoga I was fine. :lmao:

Apparently, I was ahead of the trend because I then saw everybody wearing them to raise awareness for Down's Syndrome Day this year. 🙂

Well I don't wear them, as I don't go out I have no need too but on the odd occasion I've had to go out if it's summer I wear sandals and don't need socks and if winter just a pair I have for that.

Trouble is though that I now am going to have to buy some new footwear as what I have doesn't fit anymore, I only just managed to get my sandals on when I had to go to the doctors the other week.

I've done well with the sandals though as I bought them when we first moved to Wales just over 30 years ago. I've also got a pair of slip on shoes and a pair of trainers, plus of course my slippers. :D

I hear you on the footwear, I'm having real trouble buying shoes because of arthritis in my toe and I can't wear heels anymore sadly 😭 I'd love to see you rockin' a pair of trainers though, I wouldn't have had you down for that.

30 Year sandals, blimey they've lasted, haven't they?

I hear you on the footwear, I'm having real trouble buying shoes because of arthritis in my toe and I can't wear heels anymore sadly 😭 I'd love to see you rockin' a pair of trainers though, I wouldn't have had you down for that.

30 Year sandals, blimey they've lasted, haven't they?
Used to wear trainers a lot, as I have worn trousers for a number of years they were the ideal footwear, but these days as I can't reach to tie the laces easily it's either slip on or the sandals.
I suppose they have lasted well but as they didn't get worn too often and were well made, think a lot would think of them as men's sandals. These days I wear slippers out more than other footwear, I never really wore a lot of high heels being nearly 5' 9" I didn't feel the need to.

I get a few ebooks from Amazon Bill, but of course I use the co.uk site rather than the .com site. I get emails from places that list the free or very low costs books and I also get the notice from Amazon when they bring out the monthly selection and I can pick one for free because I have Amazon Prime.

I don't pay for the Kindle Unlimited as getting free ones and my library visiting me every month allowing me up to about 5 books a month means I have plenty to read. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back